PDA

View Full Version : RP campaign has 350K donors?

voytechs
03-10-2008, 08:34 AM
In the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN9E3TIbRNU

Ron mentions that the campaign brought 350,000 people together to the revolution. He must be talking about just the number of people contributed. That is a big number on the par of Hillary and Obama.

Its just unbelievable what the GOP and the MSM black out did. But they can't stop the movement and the message.

bszoka
03-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Might have been nice if the campaign could have focused on winning over delegates as well as donors.

slamhead
03-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Could also mean the total votes he got in the primaries so far.

Airborn
03-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Could also mean the total votes he got in the primaries so far.

no because he's got over double that amount so far..

Matthew P.
03-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Ron Paul's estimate of his supporters was at 350,000 - do you all think that is right? I think that the movement is much bigger than that!

In order to represent just 1% of the population of the U.S. we would need over 3,000,000 (three million) Ron Paul votes - that's huge, and right now, it seems - we have 1% of that 1% or .001% of a vote that would even begin to carry substance in the upcoming election. That is somewhat depressing.

Are we bigger than 350,000?! Is freedom really popular, or is it just popular with us, the minority? :confused:

voytechs
03-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Ron Paul's estimate of his supporters was at 350,000 - do you all think that is right? I think that the movement is much bigger than that!

In order to represent just 1% of the population of the U.S. we would need over 3,000,000 (three million) Ron Paul votes - that's huge, and right now, it seems - we have 1% of that 1% or .001% of the a vote that would even begin to carry substance in the upcoming election. That is somewhat depressing.

Are we bigger than 350,000?! Is freedom really popular, or is it just popular with us, the minority? :confused:

I don't think so. He had 200,000 donors in Decembers. I think this is just the number of donors. The actual supporters is much much bigger. He got 54K votes in Texas alone, 74K in IA, etc...

yongrel
03-10-2008, 02:30 PM
That's a helluva donor list. I hope he is in charge of it, and not his staff.

It would be great if he would loan portions of his list to the candidates he endorses, specific to their region. Very useful.

Jeremy
03-10-2008, 02:35 PM
That's a helluva donor list. I hope he is in charge of it, and not his staff.

It would be great if he would loan portions of his list to the candidates he endorses, specific to their region. Very useful.

If I'm not mistaken, he did to Murray Sabrin actually

voytechs
03-10-2008, 02:39 PM
If I'm not mistaken, he did to Murray Sabrin actually

He did and announced a money bomb for Dr. Sabrin. Mysteriously their internet service provider had the server and connectivity down most of the day of the money bomb. I managed to send my money in the afternoon.

Primbs
03-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Didn't Ron Paul get about 400 thousand votes in 1988 when he ran?

It would be interesting to see what the rate of growth is.

Matthew P.
03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Might have been nice if the campaign could have focused on winning over delegates as well as donors.

It seems as if that was a big push of his over these last couple of months. I think that you're right though. If he had done that at the beginning things may have changed. We can quote straw polls all the day long, but it doesn't really matter. The only thing that will matter in the end is the number of delegates secured. Who cares (in the early stages) if Ron Paul was a household name! I don't say that to be crass, it's just the idea that winning delegate seats at local precinct levels and then moving on is something that is fairly easy to do. If the Ron Paul HQ (and Ron Paul himself) had really pushed that at the beginning, I think that we would have dramatically different numbers right now. :rolleyes:

Lois
03-10-2008, 02:55 PM
I sure would like to know where he got that "350,000 supporters" number from. :confused:

nate895
03-10-2008, 04:49 PM
That sounds about right for the donor count. Last I checked it was almost 300,000, so who knows.

H Roark
03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
I was also perplexed when I heard that, it would of been better if RP clarified during the inerview.