PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia

kathy88
03-10-2008, 03:54 AM
I just looked up Repoblican primaries on Wikipedia, and it has RP dropping out on March 9th?

Isn't there a way to get that changed?

Highland
03-10-2008, 04:00 AM
I just looked up Repoblican primaries on Wikipedia, and it has RP dropping out on March 9th?

Isn't there a way to get that changed?

omg...I don't know anything much about it...but man this Revolution is being attacked on all sides...good eye on noticing the inaccuracy...we all have to be vigilant and stay positive.:)

sophocles07
03-10-2008, 05:55 AM
I tried to edit this (I've never done so before), but when the edit page comes up it has Ron Paul as a "Current Candidate" and I cannot find the "Withdrew" text to delete and replace with something else.

Anybody know what the problem is here?

peters
03-10-2008, 07:23 AM
It seems it is already corrected. (Or post a link and description where the 'typo' is.)

Zolah
03-10-2008, 07:40 AM
There are people out there trying to keep the MSM zombies away from wikipedia don't worry :P

Kade
03-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Yea, if you even whisper that something is wrong in Wikipedia... it gets fixed.

satchelmcqueen
03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
supposedly anyone can edit the pages on wikipedia. but the main person who started the page has final say and can change things anytime they want. Dunno just what i understand.,,,could be wrong.

peters
03-12-2008, 06:19 AM
supposedly anyone can edit the pages on wikipedia. but the main person who started the page has final say and can change things anytime they want. Dunno just what i understand.,,,could be wrong.

Yes, anyone can edit the pages on Wikipedia, and it has turned out fine in most cases. But there are some controversial topics locked, and any editing is subject to discussion. Many more will change switfly back after they are defaced, or enhanced with incorrect or misleading information (that is of course a matter of opinion :) ). But such are the strange ways of open source.

No system is perfect. Wikipedia is at least comparable to any 'traditional' encyclopedia, and bigger.

Rangeley
03-12-2008, 11:23 AM
The original author does not have ownership of the article; this is established in the rules pretty clearly.