PDA

View Full Version : Tucker getting Fired?

ButchHowdy
03-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Blog: MSNBC to fire pundit Tucker Carlson
RAW STORY
Published: Sunday March 9, 2008

According to TVNewser, MSNBC will announce the dismissal of talk host and political pundit Tucker Carlson.

Insiders tell TVNewser Tucker Carlson's 6pmET show Tucker is getting the axe, but Carlson stays on as a political contributor to all MSNBC shows at least through the 2008 election. The official announcement, expected tomorrow, will include details about who will replace Tucker at 6pmET as well as other political programming additions. Sources say the network is going to beef up its schedule with more NBC News talent.

"Maybe MSNBC has realized that swinging to the Right to try and shake out Fox News for viewers isn't a winning strategy," opines The Bilerico Project's Alex Blaze. "Or maybe they realized that at least half their commentators should accept the reality that white men aren't oppressed. Or maybe they think that people don't want to watch a bully wannabe talk about his fun days of beating up [gays]. Or maybe they got tired of his history of abusing the rules of logic, evidence, and reality."

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/MSNBC_said_to_fire_pundit_Tucker_0309.html

Phantom
03-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Could this have anything to do with Tucker saying he was going to write Ron Paul in if he did not get the GOP nominee?

yongrel
03-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Could this have anything to do with Tucker saying he was going to write Ron Paul in if he did not get the GOP nominee?

More likely it has to do with Tucker being thoroughly mediocre as a TV personality.

Kludge
03-09-2008, 08:26 PM
More likely it has to do with Tucker being thoroughly mediocre as a TV personality.

Better then... uhhhh.... Damn... He does suck.

ryanmkeisling
03-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Hopefully Chris Mathews will be next and then they will send Keith to ESPN where he belongs. All of those blowhards deserve to be on the street as not one of them is an honest journalist. I can't wait to here Tucker has lost his job, although I don't even have cable anymore and those guys are part of the reason. :D

qh4dotcom
03-09-2008, 08:36 PM
What does this have to do with grassroots or Ron Paul?

Jeremy
03-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Trying to make themselves even more liberal? Man... I liked Tucker for an MSNBC guy. But who knows, media blogs also told us that RP dropped out, lol.

kirkblitz
03-09-2008, 08:54 PM
bring back pat

ButchHowdy
03-09-2008, 09:00 PM
From ILUVRON2008 @Dailypaul:

Tucker tells British reporter that she should have kept her trap closed because thats what REPORTERS are supposed to do or else the POWERFUL wont talk to them anymore ... thereby admitting what we knew to be true all along, that the MSM CREATES the NEWS instead of REPORTING the NEWS.

BIG WIGS at MSNBC fire Tucker for telling the truth about American Journalism ....

But will let him continue his job as POLITICAL PUNDIT?

And everything rolls on as it was before...

Remember it wasnt too long ago when SHOE-STER was suspended, for a remark he made to or about Hillary, (but never got in any trouble for calling Ron Paul supporters Al Quaida) - and he is right back on the air like nothing ever happened.

The whole NEWS system in this country is a freakin joke.

ButchHowdy
03-09-2008, 09:01 PM
What does this have to do with grassroots or Ron Paul?

Education - know thine enemy!

ItsTime
03-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Tucker sold out... but not enough... f him, he should have stood up, coward holding on to his fiat. Look where it got you you piece of shit

ButchHowdy
03-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Tuck was one of the 433K who voted for Ron in 1988 and claims he voted for him this time.

Perhaps he'll reveal if he's been under any 'pressures'

JulioForPaul
03-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Ummm... why is there such hostility towards the only mainstream journalist to declare their support for Ron Paul? Tucker was the only one on those BS "news" channels to show support for RP!

ryanmkeisling
03-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Tuck was one of the 433K who voted for Ron in 1988 and claims he voted for him this time.

Perhaps he'll reveal if he's been under any 'pressures'

I still wonder about what he did in Nevada, now I am all for legal prostitution but the republican base is far to conservative to accept support from a brothel owner and that was all Tucker. He must have known that it would do more harm than good and I can't help but think he threw the campaign under the bus with that one.

Joseph Hart
03-09-2008, 09:26 PM
We should recruit Tucker for the Freedom Television Network

crazyfingers
03-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Ummm... why is there such hostility towards the only mainstream journalist to declare their support for Ron Paul? Tucker was the only one on those BS "news" channels to show support for RP!

Tucker is a fraud; just look at the whole brothel incident. He is either incredibly naive (not likely) or that was a purposeful attempt to defame Dr. Paul.

aksmith
03-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Tucker did that prostitute thing completely on purpose. He is a jackass and deserves to get canned. I have zero sympathy for him.

But there is one funny part. They're going to "beef up" MSNBC with more NBC News "Talent." Talent? I could fart the news out more effectively than any of their so-called talent.

kahless
03-09-2008, 10:12 PM
MSNBC political commentators are so extreme left it is no suprise they would get rid of the remaning Conservatives like Tucker. I think Pat Buchanan is probably the last one left on the channel. From watching how they pile upon him and try to twist his words into being racist it is probably only a matter of time before he is out also.

I also feel no love for Tucker considering how he sabotaged the Paul campaign with the whole brothel incident.

angelatc
03-09-2008, 10:18 PM
He is an ass, but he's still the only one I can bear to watch. But he is the only right-winger on that whole network. I wonder how he ended up there?

Gawd, I hope he doesn't end up on Fox.

Vet_from_cali
03-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Why All The Bad Mouthing Bout Him? Isnt He One Of The Very Few That Respect The Doctor?

VRP08
03-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Wow. Didn't see that one coming.

kirkblitz
03-09-2008, 10:43 PM
bring back pat...

aksmith
03-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Why All The Bad Mouthing Bout Him? Isnt He One Of The Very Few That Respect The Doctor?

Tucker giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other.

With allies like Tucker, who needs enemies?

silverhandorder
03-09-2008, 11:59 PM
I like Tucker, he did nothing wrong. People are just too paranoid these days.