PDA

View Full Version : Who to vote for in the general?

AggieforPaul
03-09-2008, 06:41 PM
I have a pretty big dilemma on my hands. Im a conservative, but America doesn't have a conservative party that is against waging pre-emptive war, and that won't stand for people in the richest country in the world dying because of lack of access to healthcare.

I guess I'm left with no choice but to vote Democrat unless the Libertarian Party or Constitution Party can run a viable candidate.

dirknb@hotmail.com
03-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Write in Ron Paul.

princessredtights
03-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Write in Ron Paul.

I agree - that's my plan ...

Dr.3D
03-09-2008, 09:10 PM
How many times do we have to answer a thread like this one?

Write in Ron Paul!!!

Don't vote for the lesser of two evils.
Tell the government you are pissed by voting for Ron Paul.
Doing anything else is just telling them you are happy with getting screwed as usual.

nate895
03-09-2008, 09:12 PM
I say we all vote Libertarian just to send a message (since they'll know the night of instead of a few weeks down the road).

Unspun
03-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Let's ask this question in 6 months, because as of now not a single party, that I know of, has officially nominated their candidate.

pcosmar
03-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I say we all vote Libertarian just to send a message (since they'll know the night of instead of a few weeks down the road).

Libertarian is not a Candidate.
I will write in Ron Paul.

I am still hoping for an upset at the convention, but if all else fails I will Write in Dr. Paul.

nate895
03-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Libertarian is not a Candidate.
I will write in Ron Paul.

I am still hoping for an upset at the convention, but if all else fails I will Write in Dr. Paul.

In half the states, they won't even count the vote. Vote for the Libertarian nominee (if he/she is good) or the Constitution Party nominee (if he/she is good), and they will count the vote and everyone will know that millions of Americans are so pissed they won't even vote for the lesser of two evils anymore.

Kludge
03-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Vote for no one if you want to.

Honestly, your vote probably WON'T make a difference if you vote for anyone outside of the statist parties. I suppose we could scrounge up 5% of the vote... Maybe a history book would give us a small section under "major third party runs".

Your choice ultimately is McCain and Clinton/Obama. Which one is least offensive to you?

Alternately, you could move... ;)

BigRedBrent
03-09-2008, 11:48 PM

Ditto!

If we don't have that upset, it will be our own fault. We have no excuses not to make this happen. Since we have the biggest grass roots we should have a majority of Ron Paul supporters at the convention. If we don't it is because we did not try as hard as we could have, and that would be our own fault.