PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson copying Ron Paul.

IRO-bot
08-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Ah geez. Someone shoot me.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20316290/

"Centralized government is not the solution to all of our problems and, with too much power, such centralization has a way of compounding our problems," Thompson wrote in a recent column on his Web site. "This was among the great insights of 1787," when the Constitution was adopted, "and it is just as vital in 2007."

The rest of his GARBAGE is neo-con Koolaid.

• On Iraq, Thompson said recently in London: "We need to do everything possible to avoid the appearance of utter weakness."

A little to late for this one. Politicians really suck sometimes.

Where is a hard piece of wood? I need to bang my head against it repeatedly.

Lord Xar
08-17-2007, 12:43 PM
of course, he is hijacking the message.. this is a perfect example of the globalist agenda.. get shills on both the left/right and when someone comes along that is different - then you get another shill to copy THAT message....

Wyurm
08-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Fred Thompson is on TV in a show called Law and Order. Why would anyone not want to vote for him? Hes so very experienced and always wins on TV. Obey the TV. As for his stand on the issues, well he has to borrow from somewhere.

IRO-bot
08-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I feel bile rising in my throat.

(sorry)
I am just pissed off today. Just really pissed off. I look around and want to scream "WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE". It's hard not to do it.

Wyurm
08-17-2007, 12:54 PM
I feel bile rising in my throat.

(sorry)
I am just pissed off today. Just really pissed off. I look around and want to scream "WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE". It's hard not to do it.

Getting the feeling that your in a room full of cult members who all want to drink the fruit punch and think you're crazy for telling them not to?

Reality is perception and our biggest obstacle is changing perception when most people's perceptions are shaped by the TV. Ask some random person why prices are going up. I bet they will say inflation. Then ask them what inflation is, I bet they will say rising prices. Ask anyone why we are at war with Iraq and I bet they will say Al Qaida. Ask what Fred Thomson believes in and I bet they will describe his Law and Order character.

Its sad, but its the way things have become. Why? around 300 million people are to blame for the way our government is today.

ghemminger
08-17-2007, 12:56 PM
We have to remember...Fred T might be the best choice fro VP....it's like very itme we bash other candidates...we have to remember that RP will have to pick a markeable VP....RIGht?

Bergie Bergeron
08-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Fred reminds me of the evil vice-president in last year's season of 24.

IRO-bot
08-17-2007, 01:02 PM
It's more to the tune of the feeling of helplessness and almsot hopeless. Ron Paul is hope. But he is one in what 535 or something?

Richie
08-17-2007, 01:23 PM
We have to remember...Fred T might be the best choice fro VP....it's like very itme we bash other candidates...we have to remember that RP will have to pick a markeable VP....RIGht?

Fred Thompson is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. There's no way Dr. Paul is going to select him as his running mate.

Wyurm
08-17-2007, 01:28 PM

No, I will not accept that. Fred would be as bad as Cheney and I assure you, Fred is only marketable as long as he doesn't speak.

Swmorgan77
08-17-2007, 01:36 PM
of course, he is hijacking the message.. this is a perfect example of the globalist agenda.. get shills on both the left/right and when someone comes along that is different - then you get another shill to copy THAT message....

Yeah Romney was doing it in Iowa as well.

These guys are political chameleons. PLEASE tell me the American people are not stupid enough to fall for this yet again!

Slugg
08-17-2007, 01:41 PM
The thing is, if we can get some real exposure here; Dr. Paul would KILL them in a debate or side by side comparison. They can steal Dr. Paul's message...actually I PREFER it!!!

Why?

Cause it validates what he says...but he's been saying it longer.

Bison
08-17-2007, 06:19 PM
The man (Fred Thompson) who spent some 20 years as a Washington lobbyist also proclaimed himself the only candidate willing to deal with what he sees as a looming fiscal crisis for the nation.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070817/D8R2VUGG0.html

This guy is out of his mind. He thinks he is Ron Paul.

LibertyEagle
08-17-2007, 06:22 PM
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070817/D8R2VUGG0.html

This guy is out of his mind. He thinks he is Ron Paul.

Thompson makes his comment based ON WHAT EXPERIENCE? :confused:

propanes
08-17-2007, 06:36 PM
http://www.imwithfred.com/Principles/PrinciplesSummary.aspx?View=Federalism

ChristopherJ
08-17-2007, 06:42 PM
http://www.imwithfred.com/Principles/PrinciplesSummary.aspx?View=Federalism

LOL! Wonder how many takes it took him to put that together? It sounds so much better when RP says it. Maybe it's me, but that whole thing lacked conviction...

Estanislao
08-17-2007, 06:53 PM
I noticed in this last debate, alot of candidates are picking up Rons Constitutional stance. Theirs is empty rhetoric of course.

We'll need to be really good, at throwing their earlier positions back in their face.

Maybe a You Tube catalog of candidate positions?

jmarinara
08-17-2007, 06:56 PM

He has to pick a VP, certainly, but it doesn't have to be from this crop of morons.

There's no rule that says that the VP has to be a fellow candidate. Personally, I'm hoping that Jerome Corsi is on Dr. Paul's short list.

MikeStanart
08-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Look, Fred Thompson is an "Actor". He's just doing his job...he's mimic'ing a role.

That role, just happens to be a better one; which happens to be Ron Paul: the genuine Article.