PDA

View Full Version : How about a NATIONAL AD Money Bomb?

wgadget
03-09-2008, 05:31 PM
BTW, how much IS a national ad?

nate895
03-09-2008, 05:32 PM
What do you mean? If just one channel, one time, pretty cheap, if multiple channels, then pretty expensive.

wgadget
03-09-2008, 05:33 PM
It can be grassroots meetup-group-based. We could pony up our dollars ahead of time and contribute as a group...e.g., Altanta 294 contributes $5000...etc...

Just thinking aloud (or something).

wgadget
03-09-2008, 05:34 PM
What do you mean? If just one channel, one time, pretty cheap, if multiple channels, then pretty expensive.

I have no idea...How much is either one?

Maybe we could have a national money bomb to raise money for BILLBOARDS?

nate895
03-09-2008, 05:36 PM
I have no idea...How much is either one?

Maybe we could have a national money bomb to raise money for BILLBOARDS?

I'd pick FNC, CNN, and MSNBC, which, I think, would probably be around $500,000 for one ad.

phixion
03-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Shouldn't the focus be on sending out direct mail to Ron Paul supporters for them to become delegates since the campaign is 'winding down' and probably not doing it now.

Isn't it all about the delegates now?

Pete

torchbearer
03-09-2008, 05:39 PM
How about a national ad stating Ron Paul is still in the race, and the only real conservative choice left?
I'd chipin to that... and if necesary, my campaign would get behind an informative, combat the misinfo type commercial.

CurtisLow
03-09-2008, 05:46 PM
How about a national ad stating Ron Paul is still in the race, and the only real conservative choice left?
I'd chipin to that... and if necesary, my campaign would get behind an informative, combat the misinfo type commercial.

That's what I'm talking about! Hit every Major city news paper. F-TV

AJ Antimony
03-09-2008, 06:12 PM
We had the opportunity for a national ad.... the Super Bowl. We could have raised $3 mil if Paul didn't have it already. So much for that.

wgadget
03-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I was just thinking that maybe an efficient use of national ad money bomb funds would be billboards all across America (and newspaper ads, too) that plug his book in a quick, memorable way, a la the Got Milk? ad campaign.

Got Freedom?
Get The Revolution: A Manifesto

I'm not very creative, but you get the point....

We really need to push the MESSAGE, and from what I understand, his book will offer a major education to the masses, if we can just get them to read it.

pepperpete1
03-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I was just thinking that maybe an efficient use of national ad money bomb funds would be billboards all across America (and newspaper ads, too) that plug his book in a quick, memorable way, a la the Got Milk? ad campaign.

Got Freedom?
Get The Revolution: A Manifesto

I'm not very creative, but you get the point....

We really need to push the MESSAGE, and from what I understand, his book will offer a major education to the masses, if we can just get them to read it.

I have been trying to get people's attention about this very same thing.

It would really rankle McCain, and it would let the persons who just cannot bring themselves to voting for him to KNOW that there is an alternative. No time to educate the masses in an ad, the book idea is a good one (again if you can get them to read it).

Unfortunately, even in this day and age there are people who will not bring themselves to vote for a woman or a black man as the President of the US of A.
I have heard lots of died in the wool democrats saying that this year they are going to have to jump the fence and vote Rep. Let's let them know that Ron Paul really is still in the race.

The fact that the media has already crowned their "king", has a lot of people thinking it is sewn up and will not even be going to the polls to vote for McCain leaving another clear path for us supporters to travel down and gain more leverage.

Now that the number of candidates has dwindled down to 2, all we have to do is continue to get delegates to the national convention. The precinct captains of the campaign and all of us still canvassing for those votes could sure use the shot in the arm that a national ad would give to our credibility to those people we are trying to convert and to get on board. If the public is ALLOWED to believe that John McCain is the only Rep left to vote for, those persons who will go to the polls will vote for him.

As long as we can continue to get those delegates to St. Paul, the better chance we have at the convention of getting the nomination for our man, RON PAUL.

How sweet it would be to see a real TV ad of Ron Paul addressing the American public . Geez, it would feel like Christmas!

TruthAtLast
03-09-2008, 10:34 PM
It would really rankle McCain, and it would let the persons who just cannot bring themselves to voting for him to KNOW that there is an alternative.

This is probably one of the most important things we could do. And McCain would probably lose it. Isn't he suppose to have won? haha To let people know that he hasn't won until the RNC and that there is a conservative alternative, would be a great ad.

mkeller
03-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Bhump!