PDA

View Full Version : Would we be able to turn over the congress in the nov. vote if we

hillbilly123069
03-09-2008, 04:39 PM
elect people from ordinary non-political backgrounds?Your neighbor that everybody says is a good and honest person, as an example.

torchbearer
03-09-2008, 04:45 PM
elect people from ordinary non-political backgrounds?Your neighbor that everybody says is a good and honest person, as an example.

It would be a better congress than we have now... in fact, the house of representatives should be filled by commoners. It is our 'house of commons'...

The way its stacked right now, its filled with B-circuit Nobles, acting as a minor league to the senate nobles.

porcupine
03-11-2008, 10:57 AM

That's a big "if."

torchbearer
03-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Its hard to win against those that cheat to win.

Kludge
03-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I thought my pastor was good and honest, until imprisoned for rape.

That aside (no, it wasn't my pastor...), politics tend to nail down what politicians have done, can do, and will do. It forces them to give a platform and if they don't abide by it, the pundits rip on them until they're defeated next election.

If "we" were about only honesty and "goodness", these forums would be the... RonPaulMikeGravelDennisKucinichforums.com (well, hopefully they'd have a pithy name...)