PDA

View Full Version : Last Chance Campaigning

WilliamC
03-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Spent a few hours today in Hernando, MS distributing most of the rest of my slim jims. It's outside of my precinct but there are some good neighborhoods there with a high density of houses. I hit about 300 of them with two slim jims each, a mix of gun owners, pro-life, free enterprise, conservative, and securing the borders.

I can't say that I hit every single house in my precinct, but I got all of the easy neighborhoods that I could walk and spent one afternoon driving between some of the more isolated houses. I'd say I hit about 5 or 6 hundred houses.

I now have three unopened 100 packs of slim jims left, one each of pro-life, gun rights, and Independent. If I can take off a bit early from work tomorrow I might try and find one more good neighborhood to distribute these to. If not I'll make sure and forward them to someone in a State that hasn't voted yet.

Tuesday I'll be working at the polls, so I won't be able to do any campaigning. I have a couple of yard signs that I can bring and set up on the approach to the polling station early in the morning; 4 of the signs I've set up in the last two weeks have now gone missing. However, I see no other signs for any other presidential candidate either.

I can't say I've done every last thing I could for this campaign, but I can honestly say I won't ever look back with regrets and wish I had had the courage to do what I could.

Now the real work begins....

Edit: I almost didn't go out today, it took a bit of effort to make myself do this since the consensus is that John McCain has the nomination wrapped up. I'm glad I did though, like I said, I don't want to have regrets when things start getting really bad that I was too lazy to pass out the rest of the campaign literature I already paid for. The three packs I have left over are some that were given to me from a supporter in Florida, so if I end up passing those on I won't feel too guilty.

But there's always tomorrow... ;)

VRP08
03-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Thank you for doing this!!

Ball
03-09-2008, 10:15 PM
What is the delegate process there? Do they just have to show up after voting?

WilliamC
03-11-2008, 04:33 AM
Delegates will be selected on April 26th at County caucuses Statewide, then May 11th at the State Convention.

I'm off to work at the polls today, blasted Diebold machines!

I wish I wish but no such luck......

skeet
03-11-2008, 04:44 AM
Good job William! Last night we had our "Ron Fire"on the beach. It was great.
Good enthusiasm and lots of honks!
We followed it with a midnight sign blits at precinct locations (must be 150' away)

And of course today is the big day.
We are doing GOTV stuff as well as sign waving to remind people that Ron is still in the race (argh! ABC news sucks)

Be Well

WilliamC
03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Just got back from working the polls.

In my district only 191 people voted Republican, over 280 voted Democrat.

Lot's of Republicans crossed over to vote for Clinton on the absurd notion that it will somehow help McCain get elected.

While I couldn't actively campaign for Ron Paul I was able to tell people that, on the Presidential ballot of 9 names, only he and John McCain were left.

I was able to put out several Ron Paul yard signs at the approaches to the polling place, the only presidential signs I saw.

Now I'll be anxious to see how well he did in Tate County and in Senatobia precinct 2 compared to the rest of the State.