PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul stirs GOP pot": frontpage of the Houston Cronicle

Seth M.
05-25-2007, 07:08 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4835055.html
"Lake Jackson's Paul stirs presidential race"
by: Bennett Roth

Actually somewhat neutral.. WOohoo I bought one to keep... :p

if yall want a picture or something let me know..

tnvoter
05-25-2007, 07:16 AM
post a scan!

rpliving
05-25-2007, 07:22 AM
there was also 3/4 of a page on him in the Baltimore Examiner yesertday which was nice to see.

mlpyeatt
05-25-2007, 07:27 AM
I could have done without the RuPaul comment at the end. The Chronicle has never been that favorable of him despite being the closest large newspaper.

cujothekitten
05-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Thanks; I can't get enough of the articles

Razmear
05-25-2007, 07:48 AM
A comment on the article thats worth reposting:

BonnieBlueSky wrote:
I love Ron Paul because he broke the wicked spell that has hung over me since 9-11. I was in the twin towers having lunch at the restaurant at the top of the World Trade Tower just days before 9-11. All the staff I met were of course killed. I went around for years yelling "the sky is falling" just like Glenn Beck and Shaun Hannity. When Shaun and others said "they hate us because we are free", I believed it. THAT LIFE IS A LIVING DEATH!! Incessant HYPER-VIGILANCE is a living death!

Then I listened to Ron Paul say 1."No, they hate us because we are in their country and have been bombing them FOR 10 YEARS
2. We are now into huge debt to china to pay for this war.
3. We just marched into Iraq so we can just march out.

Today I truly chuckle chuckle chuckle when I hear they hate us because we are free. It's silly to imagine that I am wanted dead because someone hates my freedom. People have more important things to think about than Squashing American freedom. However, I understand now that as much as I hate this invasion of illegals into my country, I can imagine people in other countries do not care much for American occupation. The spell is broken! I have renewed hope in my life!! Life is good. People are good. Ron Paul is my hero!!!!
5/25/2007 1:57:04 AM

---

The Tide Is Turning,
eb

Bradley in DC
05-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Matt,

Good to see you again (via postings at least). You still have a standing invitation to stay at my place again when on the Hill. Regarding the Ru Paul comment, people are making links to Rudy in drag at that now and saying the reporters are getting mixed up. Now THAT is funny!

Best,
Brad:D

Seth M.
05-25-2007, 08:32 AM
post a scan!

here is a picture... :P
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/x_seth_x/S6300039.jpg

Go Ron Go!

mrapathy
05-25-2007, 08:43 AM
attention is good. we dont want paul to spike and fizzle. its good he isnt rocketing the polls the election is long ways off lets not kill ourselves yet. give it about 6 months but casually get the word out and discuss the candidates.

Razmear
05-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Giving this article a bump in case anyone just getting home from work missed it.
Also there are 6+ pages of comments now, about 90% pro-Ron, under the article.

eb

amonasro
05-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Awesome article. I hope this trend continues for Ron.

Bossobass
05-25-2007, 02:59 PM
A comment on the article thats worth reposting:

BonnieBlueSky wrote:
I love Ron Paul because he broke the wicked spell that has hung over me since 9-11. I was in the twin towers having lunch at the restaurant at the top of the World Trade Tower just days before 9-11. All the staff I met were of course killed. I went around for years yelling "the sky is falling" just like Glenn Beck and Shaun Hannity. When Shaun and others said "they hate us because we are free", I believed it. THAT LIFE IS A LIVING DEATH!! Incessant HYPER-VIGILANCE is a living death!

Then I listened to Ron Paul say 1."No, they hate us because we are in their country and have been bombing them FOR 10 YEARS
2. We are now into huge debt to china to pay for this war.
3. We just marched into Iraq so we can just march out.

Today I truly chuckle chuckle chuckle when I hear they hate us because we are free. It's silly to imagine that I am wanted dead because someone hates my freedom. People have more important things to think about than Squashing American freedom. However, I understand now that as much as I hate this invasion of illegals into my country, I can imagine people in other countries do not care much for American occupation. The spell is broken! I have renewed hope in my life!! Life is good. People are good. Ron Paul is my hero!!!!
5/25/2007 1:57:04 AM

---

The Tide Is Turning,
eb

This is a great post. I disconnected my coat hanger 5 years ago, and I've never had cable, so I'm not under the hynotic spell of the MSM, but it's a eye opener to be reminded of it's power of suggestion.

Me, afraid of terrorists? Not a chance in he!!. I'm much more afraid of being killed by a S.W.A.T. team who, acting on a 'tip' from a drug user has mistakenly knocked down my front door without a warrant.

I use a line I nicked from a smart young fella in another forum, who said, "You just have to toss that superficial attitude that terrorists attack us because we're beautiful.".

Thanks for the insight.

Bosso

Liberty
05-25-2007, 06:30 PM
The statement Dr. Paul made regarding politicians being intimidated by the influence of AIPAC sure seemed to ring true on the Iraq funding bill . I bet an extremely high percentage of U. S. citizens have no clue what AIPAC is or how they have shaped U. S. foreign policy.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Yes, there's really no reason for there to be an AIPAC, it truly goes against the best interests of the American people. This is no UN.