PDA

View Full Version : Meet Paddy!?!?!

Wyurm
03-09-2008, 02:20 PM
WTF?? I opened my email to find this today:
--------------
Dear Jeremy,

As a top supporter of the RNC, I am offering you a special opportunity to help elect GOP candidates and give a gift to your favorite Republican this St. Patrick's Day.

Meet Paddy, the newest member of the Republican National Committee's family of elephants.

Paddy is available for a limited-time only and is sure to be snapped up quickly. Embroidered with the official logo of the RNC, Paddy is a wonderful plush toy and makes a perfect gift for St. Patrick's Day. Or give Paddy to the "Green" Republican in your life who is dedicated to improving the environment.

Jeremy, we'll send you Paddy today with your special contribution of at least $35.

Your donation today is vital to helping fund the RNC's candidate support and get-out-the-vote programs.

As the umbrella organization for the entire Republican Party, the RNC provides more strategic guidance, research, polling data and direct financial assistance to Republican candidates than any other GOP committee. And the RNC is responsible for conducting the vital voter registration and voter education drives that are crucial to getting our voters to the polls on Election Day.

Click here to order yours today. This special offer is only available while supplies last.

Give Paddy as a gift this St. Patrick's Day to your favorite Republican friend, child or grandchild, or keep him for yourself. Thank you for your continuing commitment to our Party and our cause.

Sincerely,

Sue Gazdo
Director, RNC Membership Service

-------------

I have only donated once and it was to the RLC not the National Party. Exactly why would a politically interested person be swayed to donate in order to get a green stuffed elephant? Maybe I'm wrong, but I find this incredibly disturbing.

Aratus
03-09-2008, 02:25 PM
yep...you and teddy kennedy! recently he was
singing "when irish eyes were smiling" on the
campaign trail sorta off~key, as he was helping
out barack obama. now with what hillary done
said about mccain and experiance, can our
election get any stranger? i had a gut level
feeling obama might be the dems nominee when
a lady in iowa carved his head in butter... happily!

Cowlesy
03-09-2008, 02:27 PM
I think I've pissed off too many RNC phonebankers to get an offer of Paddy. :)

Aratus
03-09-2008, 02:27 PM
any time the color green gets connected up to
a member of the animal kingdom, senator ted
thinks he OWNs the copyright to this... for sure!!!