PDA

View Full Version : Here it comes

Wyurm
08-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Ron Paul already warned that we would experience something worse than '79 - '80. I'm not making this thread to be a doomsayer, but this would be a good topic to get out there now with Ron Paul's economic ideology. Then when it hits full force (mind you the only thing staving it off right now is the Fed pumping massive inflation into the system) many more will think of Ron Paul and join us in moving him to the presidency.

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/stories/2007/08/17/countrywidebank0817.html

Oh, and just so you know, that's called a "Bank run" usually followed by bad economic health and insanely high prices.

bygone
08-17-2007, 11:53 AM
I can't say I think withdrawing money from the bank is that bad of an idea ;)

Wyurm
08-17-2007, 12:09 PM
I can't say I think withdrawing money from the bank is that bad of an idea ;)

lol, no it isn't but its also a sign that trust is gone and trust is what keeps the economy up. The fed can't revive it without trust (though they will try)

noxagol
08-17-2007, 12:13 PM
lol, no it isn't but its also a sign that trust is gone and trust is what keeps the economy up. The fed can't revive it without trust (though they will try)

Thats what you get when your money is backed by trust. If it were backed by gold and silver, it would be gold and silver that keeps the economy up.

Roxi
08-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Oh, and just so you know, that's called a "Bank run" usually followed by bad economic health and insanely high prices.

have you seen the cartoon about that called money as debt on you tube? hilarious!

bygone
08-17-2007, 12:24 PM
its also a sign that trust is gone

Do you trust these people?

Duckman
08-17-2007, 12:26 PM

They know NOTHING!

(shameless joke)

Actually, Cramer himself doesn't know as much as he thinks he does.

bygone
08-17-2007, 12:30 PM
They know NOTHING!! ;)

Yeah, Cramer isn't perfect, but I like him. I don't expect perfection. I expect someone to own it when they screw up. He does that.

But really, if you thought about what massive bank withdrawals would cause...

noxagol
08-17-2007, 12:31 PM
They know NOTHING!! ;)

Yeah, Cramer isn't perfect, but I like him. I don't expect perfection. I expect someone to own it when they screw up. He does that.

But really, if you thought about what massive bank withdrawals would cause...

That same thing was what ushered in the first Great Depression.

Cowlesy
08-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh good heavens don't listen to Cramer. He gave me an ulcer this morning when he told everyone today would be the largest point gain EVER for the Dow.

Why do that? It's ridiculous, unless you're trying to get easy money into the market so you can realize some of your crappier positions before the market goes back down next week.

F'n Cramer....

ghemminger
08-17-2007, 12:32 PM
All the FED and the govn't is doing is boiling the frog slowly.....we are all getting poorer daily...unless you friends with Buffet

Wyurm
08-17-2007, 12:37 PM

lmao, dude, I'm a "goldbug" no I've never trusted the Fed.

bygone
08-17-2007, 01:38 PM
That same thing was what ushered in the first Great Depression.

However, the result of a Great Depression today would not likely be the same result as the Great Depression then. Many things are different today.