PDA

View Full Version : You guys who've already caucused: INCOGNITO?

wgadget
03-09-2008, 05:41 AM
Here in our county in GA, we will be having our county convention next Saturday. We have been told to go "incognito," not giving away our Ron Paul sympathies until later in the game. There will be congressional and state conventions later on...

My question is, did you all who have been so successful in your counties also go incognito? It seems that at least the Ron Paul speaker would have to go full out....

Of course, I will do whatever my coordinators tell me to do, but I'm just wondering how it went for you all.

ninepointfive
03-09-2008, 11:13 AM
The best way to take a stand for what you believe in, and convince other people that you're right is to:

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!

You must proudly proclaim what you believe in!

TXcarlosTX
03-09-2008, 11:15 AM
The best way to take a stand for what you believe in, and convince other people that you're right is to:

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!

You must proudly proclaim what you believe in!

im drunk...

but you should play the game...
dont convince people, people dont want to hear the truth. they just want a PPV fight for the election.

just play da game yo

hillertexas
03-09-2008, 11:17 AM
//

nate895
03-09-2008, 12:08 PM
That is how it went in WA if you sensed that Ron Paul didn't dominate your precinct.

pepperpete1
03-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Same here in MI. Just preach what is supposed to be the Rep. platform.

kyleAF
03-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Don't reveal that you are a Ron Paul supporter. Unless you clearly see that the majority of the people at the convention are supporters as well.

Ignore anyone who tries to get you to reveal yourself, as the Republican party is WELL-AWARE of what we are doing now. They can't stop us if they don't know who we are though.

I managed to get several (10) of his platform items passed through resolutions in my precinct here in Texas, even after the other attendees had mentioned that they thought Ron Paul was a complete idiot!!

I did not ever mention that I supported him. Truth is, they don't even know what his stances are. They will probably agree with most of them except the Iraq war withdrawal. Most don't actually like McCain, either.

Just preach the Republican mantra, and throw Reagan's name out there a bit. Be well-dressed and clean-shaved. If you are young, let them know that you are "excited to be getting involved with the Republican party and are eager to become a delegate and help keep the Democrats out of office!!" That's what I did.

They'll eat it up.

brooklyn
03-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Here in Nevada we had huge RP turnout at the county- however we were advised to remove bumper stickers (they are out there watching), do not wear RP apparel,
dress conservative (sports jacket and tie), do not stand out- play the game.
Remember to stay focused, get to state. That is the mission. That is the plan. Do everything possible to inject RP platform into the proposed GOP platform.
Study the proposed GOP platform carefully- we stayed up late the night before going over insertions and deletions on the platform. AT the convention the GOP leaders were not happy that we rejected the proposed platform, they tried to jam down our throats so we go back later this month to vote on the amended platform. Should be another war!! We're ready though- have to see what tricks they will try to pull then. BE PREPARED!! Roll up the sleeves and get dirty. This is what it is about.:)

wgadget
03-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the advice!

Ball
03-09-2008, 04:48 PM
If you have a state-wide majority, then you barge in playing trumpets and chanting "Ron Paul!"

That's what will happen in Texas. :D

If you don't, then perhaps best to just mutter that McCain is a RINO and you'll do everything to prevent his nomination.

Ball
03-09-2008, 04:49 PM
...AT the convention the GOP leaders were not happy that we rejected the proposed platform, they tried to jam down our throats so we go back later this month to vote on the amended platform. Should be another war!! We're ready though- have to see what tricks they will try to pull then. BE PREPARED!! Roll up the sleeves and get dirty. This is what it is about.:)

You didn't have enough delegates to choose the chair?

ninepointfive
03-09-2008, 04:51 PM
im drunk...

but you should play the game...
dont convince people, people dont want to hear the truth. they just want a PPV fight for the election.

just play da game yo

No way!

I am able to speak convincingly, and I don't persuade. I let them do that themselves.

If you're not a personable person, then go incognito or something. Revolutions aren't won while idly standing by. Show your numbers, and people will question why there is such strong support for Paul!

kigol
03-09-2008, 05:05 PM
support!

spacehabitats
03-09-2008, 06:29 PM
We had only 6 RP delegates out of 56 total at our county convention in Iowa.

We were all wearing RP buttons, had a table with signs, handed out slim jims, and I got up and gave a 5 minute speech supporting Dr. Paul and pretty much raking McCain.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=126522

Not exactly incognito, huh?
Despite all that we ended up with 2 delegates and 2 alternates going to district out of 17 total. Not too shabby given our numbers. And I honestly believe that we could not have done any better because of the distribution of our delegates and who else was in their precincts.

What you have to consider is the composition of the non-Ron Paul delegates. McCain only had 10% of the caucus votes in our county. And my speech appealed to the Romney and Huckabee supporters who were in the clear majority. ;)

thuja
03-09-2008, 07:02 PM
incognito works well.

Signzit
03-09-2008, 07:20 PM
No way!

I am able to speak convincingly, and I don't persuade. I let them do that themselves.

If you're not a personable person, then go incognito or something. Revolutions aren't won while idly standing by. Show your numbers, and people will question why there is such strong support for Paul!

Yes way!
Do not tip your hand! Keep your cards close. Feel the room, sneak in Ron Paul Planks as said before, and wait for Nationals! Then cut their heads off!

One asshole standing alone screaming, articulate or not, at a hurricane, is foolish.

This is piss poor advise you are giving ninepointfive :(

Shink
03-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Here in our county in GA, we will be having our county convention next Saturday. We have been told to go "incognito," not giving away our Ron Paul sympathies until later in the game. There will be congressional and state conventions later on...

My question is, did you all who have been so successful in your counties also go incognito? It seems that at least the Ron Paul speaker would have to go full out....

Of course, I will do whatever my coordinators tell me to do, but I'm just wondering how it went for you all.

No, make it known to anyone who will listen that you and (you best be part of a crowd for Ron!) others are supporting Dr. Paul for all the right reasons and that they should too. This means be nice to old ladies, if you can personalize why you're against the war, do so, and assert yourself during the platform votes. I got every damn thing I wrote passed. Also, take the precinct committeeman slot!!! I only took the delegate slot and am kicking myself for it. Hit everyone over the head with sly little comments about how McCain is a fake conservative and that we need someone who will stop inflation, stop spending money on Iraqis and spend it on us instead, etc.

wgadget
03-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Okay...So how do we know if we need a speaker? Does the GOP ask for speeches in advance? Is each delegate that goes in supposed to have resolutions ready when we get there?

I must admit that because of my work schedule (evening hours), I have been unable to attend any of our meetup group meetings, so I'm pretty much in the dark. Hopefully, I will be able to follow along not too awkwardly.

BTW, I *am* an old lady...I'm sure they'll love me! LOL.

Ninja Homer
03-09-2008, 09:32 PM
If it isn't obvious that you have a majority of Ron Paul supporters, then incognito is the way to go. Have a 1-2 minute speech ready to go, talking about issues in the GOP platform that Ron Paul and neocons agree on. It's good to talk about local issues. There's almost always some new local tax issue coming up, wherever you may live. Talk about beating local Democrats, or just spend 2 minutes talking about beating Hillary and that will probably get you a lot of votes. Hopefully all the Ron Paul supporters have a list of who the other Ron Paul supporters are.

At this point, many people may not even care much about who you support for president, because it's assumed that McCain is the nominee. Discussion of who supports who for the nominee may not even come up. What you say about local politics may be more important.

This late in the game, I think there's a very good chance that you will get a delegate spot just for showing up and volunteering. That's what happened to my wife and I, and that was on Super Tuesday... not even a vote, we got 2 of 7 delegate spots, and there were 5 of 7 alternate spots still available.