PDA

View Full Version : JeffCo, Colorado Convention - Sean's speech

morlhzd
03-09-2008, 01:09 AM
(wrote this earlier today - found out that someone on Nolan Chart also posted about this assembly/convention today - http://www.nolanchart.com/article3110.html - so thought I'd post my own personal experience from this assembly here as well)

Just got back from my Jefferson County, Colorado Republican assembly - here's how it went.

Jefferson County is one of the largest counties in Colorado (if not the largest). The County assembly's main purpose is to nominate county/state representatives for various positions. Delegates for Colorado's State and Congressional Conventions were previously elected at the Caucus' (which is where the national delegates are selected in May). (I'm already a state and congressional delegate and so are many others.. so this was somewhat of a formality/recruiting new people event)

Walking up to the assembly/convention and once inside - anyone that didn't follow politics closely would have thought Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate. There were tons of RP signs outside, and inside - every single column in the hall had a Ron Paul Sign + plus larger signs with more detailed info about Paul. There was a large Ron Paul table setup with lots of people handing out info/stickers etc.

(John McCain had a tiny corner table with almost no visible presence).

About 1/2 way into the proceedings - they let a previous McCain Aid speak for McCain. Eh - there were not supposed to be any speakers on behalf of a presidential candidate speaking at this assembly, so it took us by surprise. (The speech was very dull and the reception was just ho-hum - like a forced/automatic dull clapping).

After that we went on break - a fellow Ron Paul supporter (who I'll call Sean) and who I hadn't meet before - asked to speak for Ron Paul.

After some additional proceedings Sean got up in front of an audience of 1400+ people (the most active republicans in the county/state) - with no prepared speech, and no previous knowledge that he would be speaking.

Sean started the speech with:
"I am 21 years old, I wanted to take this opportunity to represent my generation - Our Nation is 10 Trillion dollars in debt, this will be left to my generation - we only represent 29% of the vote, but 100% of the future...."

The speech lasted for about 4-5 minutes and covered just about everything. It was an amazing speech.

At the end the Audience gave an amazing applause with many people standing up in ovation.

It was really incredible - I hope someone filmed it.

Not sure If Sean visits this site - but be sure to post here if you do!

Anyways - Sean should be the Ron Paul person of the week!

(Oh yeah - Colorado has the best RP coordinators around - not going to mention any names - but THANK YOU for making all these steps successful)

(I know Colorado will have it's fair share of Delegates for Paul after the various colorado conventions in May - here's to looking ahead

adam1mc
03-09-2008, 01:41 AM
Bump for JeffCo. Good Job everyone!

RonPaulVolunteer
03-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Bump for JeffCo. Good Job everyone!

Yeah, we're kicking butt here... :) I believe we are the most organized state in the country, and boy is the GOP going to get a shock at the convention when they see us.

morlhzd
03-09-2008, 03:15 AM
I really think everyone should read that article on Nolan chart about this event -

http://www.nolanchart.com/article3110.html

It sums it up better then I can with my words above. BUT what I can say is that "Sean" gave a speech worthy of President Paul today (Maybe Better)!!!

It was really incredible. I hope it doesn't get lost too quickly, and also hope Sean goes on to become a more prominent political figure in Jefferson county --- maybe start out with a House Seat next election? (no we won't forget, and you'll be voted in)

speciallyblend
03-09-2008, 03:47 AM
and how many ron paul delegates were voted into state?? just curious. we got 0 in lake county,but hey maybe the 8 delegates will have a change of heart by convention. thank god lake county is a smaller county. I hope the front range did better..

Conza88
03-09-2008, 06:01 AM
That is FTW!

MikeSmith
03-09-2008, 11:15 AM
bump

tstorey
03-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Kick butt Jeffco! We are with you!

freedomforall
03-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I met the woman who wrote the article at a seminar on the Constitution. She is a very hard worker for the Ron Paul campaign and has my respect. Thank you for the post, it's nice to hear about the good occuring in your community. This is a marathon, not a sprint. We will continue to fight the good fight and keep our noses to the grindstone through study and debate. Our day will come.