PDA

View Full Version : Ballot Initiatives

gerryb
03-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Ballot initiatives have been proposed in Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma that would give voters the chance to decide whether they want to do away with affirmative action in government-funded projects and public schools.

Ward Connerly, who heads the American Civil Rights Coalition -- a nonprofit organization working to end racial and gender preferences -- and the main backer of the ballot initiatives, says the 37 word initiative would read: "The state shall not discriminate against or grant preferential treatment to any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education or public contracting."

h ttp://digg.com/politics/Affirmative_action_ban_heads_for_ballot_in_5_state s

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/07/affirmative.action/index.html

This is the next step of the RPRevolution. I don't know yet how we get resolutions such as this to the ballot level here in NY, but I think this should be the goal of everyone.

damon04
03-09-2008, 01:06 AM
"The state shall not discriminate against or grant preferential treatment to any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education or public contracting."

I love it!!