PDA

View Full Version : Need help.

Zera
03-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Everyone in the 8th grade must make an essay about their hero. Basically, four winners will be chosen who will do something at our D.C. trip about a burying or memorial of an unknown soldier... I dunno, something like that.

So, I'm planning to do Ron Paul. I'm a pretty good writer, my last major essay in English got me a 98, the highest in all the advanced English classes. So, if I really know what I'm writing about, I'm more than sure I'll be a winner.

But, I need your guys helps. Can you please help by telling me suggestions on how to write it? I know a lot of Paul's policies and his stances on things (they could be brushed upon), though any help would really, really help.

Kludge
03-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Make sure to cite all the times Dr. Paul gave the sole "nay" vote in congress ;)

Kotin
03-09-2008, 12:11 AM
i would express how though Ron Paul carries his own personal convictions, he fights for everyone, for freedom and liberty for all..

nate895
03-09-2008, 12:13 AM
For no reason at all, expect to get ~75% on your paper.

OptionsTrader
I think you need to focus the essay on something specific that intrigues you about Paul and to do that you should brainstorm a list of themes for your essay.

Zera
It's just that, I need someone to help me brainstorm a few key points of Paul's to present in the essay. The biggest one I have right now just that he believes in defending liberty and our rights.

gerryb
03-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Make sure to cite all the times Dr. Paul gave the sole "nay" vote in congress ;)

QFT++

OptionsTrader
03-09-2008, 12:30 AM
I think you need to focus the essay on something specific that intrigues you about Paul and to do that you should brainstorm a list of themes for your essay.

Personally, I would write a paper about how all of Paul's positions are interconnected, and title it something like "American Hubris : At the Brink of Collapse"

I would structure it as such:
1. A short introduction about the history of foreign intervention, colonization, and empires that have failed due to economic collapse. And a short history of the United States' foolish involvements in foreign countries (unconstitutionally), overthrowing democratically elected government in countries like Iran and Pakistan and then installing military dictatorships, funding both sides of wars, and describe the inevitable results of blowback with quotes from Michael Scheuer's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Scheuer)Imperial Hubris.
2. Describe Ron Paul's economic views about how the fiat monetary system leads to a transfer of wealth, and the system allows government to grow and waste, and how this powerful ability to create money via monetizing debt has fueled warfare.
3. Describe and quote from Ron Paul's 2002 speech denouncing the 3 reasons the Bush administration gave for invading Iraq, and how he was ultimately proven correct.
4. Tie in writings by Thomas Jefferson and the other founders that were strong proponents of liberty and, this is important, teach the reader what liberty is. This vid sums it up nicely (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boPXMa73YxI).
5. Conclude by demonstrating that a small limited government that protects liberty is the most compassionate and most moral method of governance and that Ron Paul is the beacon for liberty as if he were the Thomas Jefferson of our day. And that we are at the brink of a failure of the fiat money system due to the grossly excessive American empire.

thuja
03-09-2008, 12:34 AM
did you know that along with returning our Constitutional rights, he wishes to help us protect our health freedoms too? check out the "issues" tab at www.ronpaul2008.com

Zera
03-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Thank you for those who have helped so far. I have to go to sleep right now, but I hope I have some more responses by tomorrow. Thanks again.

thuja
03-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Thank you for those who have helped so far. I have to go to sleep right now, but I hope I have some more responses by tomorrow. Thanks again.

good night. good luck with your project, i'm sure it will be very good.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-09-2008, 01:43 AM
his wiki article is extensive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

definitly something about how he's been saying the samething for 30 years, but only now are people listening.

Corydoras
03-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Here are Ron Paul's major points

1) He is against illegal wars such as the Iraq War, and in favor of a foreign policy that includes free trade with all nations and withdrawing American troops from other countries.

2) He is against the government spending more money than it takes in, and in favor of making government small enough that this kind of spending (deficit spending) is not required and people will have to pay less in taxes.

3) He is against the government violating people's rights by doing things like wiretapping people without a search warrant or imprisoning people for long periods of time without telling them why.

Zera
03-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Any last minute help would be nice.

wgadget
03-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Be sure to check www.ronpaullibrary.org if you need to view any of his writings.