PDA

View Full Version : Tell the Candidates: Support the Constitution

smtwngrl
08-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Here's an email I received, which I'm forwarding to everyone in my address book. This is something a lot of people can agree on. And if it is brought out more, it will also be brought out that so far Ron Paul has been the only one to sign a similar pledge (put out by another organization). I think this could potentially be huge, especially as more people become aware of it.

I recommend signing the pledge and going to the link to send emails to the campaigns of all presidential candidates. I also suggest emailing the letter around so more people will be aware of this. The more it becomes an (action) issue for Americans, the more Ron Paul will stand out.

Dear Cathy,

Eight years of a President who doesn't believe in our Constitution is enough -- don't you think?

Join us in asking all those running to be the next president to pledge to defend the Constitution if elected to our nation's highest office. Visit the the link below to send a quick e-mail to all of the campaigns.

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2165/t/1027/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=12374

On Aug. 15, the American Freedom Campaign sent all the major presidential candidates a letter, asking them to sign the American Freedom Pledge. This straightforward pledge concludes: "I pledge to fight to protect and defend the Constitution from assault by any President."

If you agree that every candidate should sign this pledge, please visit the link below to send a quick e-mail to all of the candidates.

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2165/t/1027/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=12374

Ever since September 11, 2001, our Constitution has been under assault by an Administration determined to decimate our liberties in the name of a permanent "war on terror." From tapping our phones and opening our e-mails without warrants to denying habeas corpus to detainees, no constitutional right is beyond infringement.

When constitutional rights are lost, it is exceedingly difficult to get them back. Worse, if we do not fight to protect and defend our rights today, we may not only lose them forever but we may also set the stage for a further erosion of our rights in the future.

Do not sit back quietly while your liberties and freedoms are under attack. Stand up. Be strong. Make your voice heard.

Start today by telling all of the presidential candidates that there is no issue more important than protecting and defending our Constitution.

Then, help us spread the word. If you have a blog of your own, post comments on other blogs, or participate in any other online community, please mention this campaign and this effort -- urging people to take action at

Thank you for taking action for your country and your democracy.

Steve

Steve Fox
Interim Campaign Director
American Freedom Campaign

Wyurm
08-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I thought Ron Paul already signed this.

noxagol
08-17-2007, 12:30 PM
It is sad that someone feels the need to make them pledge to defend and follow the Constitution when they already have to take an oath saying the same thing.

ghemminger
08-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Lots of pledges and pettions flying around...DO THESE things work?////seriously