PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Delegates Update - Gaining Momentum!

IPSecure
03-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Ron Paul Delegates Update - Gaining Momentum!
http://www.nolanchart.com/article3110.html

by Jahfre Fire Eater
(Libertarian)

We attended the Jefferson County GOP assembly this morning. At our tiny county assembly last week there were about 60 people. At today's there were about 1000. Our two counties share a District Attorney so we showed up to support his nomination at the assembly. There were 21 delegates from our county, 820 from Jefferson County. The DA had all 21 of us go up on stage during his nomination speech.

This was done in the first hour. The rest of the time didn't involve our county so we were free to leave...but we didn't. It had been advertised that there would be no presidential election speakers during the assembly but after the DA nomination a woman got up and spoke for John McCain. After that, our precinct captain told the Jefferson County Chair that Ron Paul was still running for president and since John McCain had a speaker they should also have a Ron Paul speaker.

No problem.

We waited around for another hour until our Paul guy spoke. He is a 21 yr old conservative who speaks like he was born behind a podium. He said his generation faces an enormous debt and a sinking economy while we fund both sides of every conflict in the world and try to spread 'democracy' at the end of a gun. He said that they are 29% of today's population but they are 100% of the future for this country and they are being handed a raw deal that they are not going to accept.

In a 2 minute, ad hoc speech, this kid got 4 huge applause and a partial standing ovation when he stepped down. It was fantastic. Afterwards, there was a line of people at the Ron Paul table. Everyone at this convention is a delegate. Those people in line are looking to sign up as Colorado Ron Paul delegates. They are former Huckabee people and Romney people and Fred people and Tancredo people. The Giuliani people all went for McCain, I'm sure. They have so little in common with the rest.

The major topic of debate at the GOP breakfasts this week was how to hold your nose and vote for McCain. I'd say about 50% say absolutely no way in hell will they vote for McCain.

I have no illusions about Ron's chances of winning the nomination. My goal to take enough delegates to the GOP convention to have a voice in the proceedings. There are still 5 months before any delegates are counted. The media can proclaim McCain the victor and he can make all the acceptance speeches he wants but he is not the nominee until the delegates are counted. Every time he opens his mouth another delegate switches to Ron Paul. I think John McCain is fully capable of blowing the nomination. I think constant visibility of the Ron Paul revolution could greatly help McCain to unravel...not that he really needs help in that like Rudy did. I think the man is not psychologically or mentally fit for office and I expect him to prove it all on his own.

When the choice is so black and white; a man of principle and conviction versus a man without a shred of principle and conviction only to inflating his own ego, people for whom those things matter are standing up for Dr. Paul. Of course it is too little, too late for this election but that's ok. These things should happen slowly and deliberately. It has been so long since Republicans have had a candidate who stood for conservative principles that it will take time for them to remember why those principles are so valuable to our nature as individual human beings and essential to our prosperity and peace. One way or another we will re-learn these things, we always do...until we forget them again, round and round we go.

I have read articles here at Nolan Chart and elsewhere on the internet about Ron Paul dropping his bid for the nomination. The level of wishful thinking on that topic is more telling than the words people write about it. If you write it with enough passion, wit or sarcasm it will happen, it will, it will. NOT! Why are some folks so afraid or Dr. Paul's message that they make up fantasies about his going away then post those fantasies on a public forum. I think that is both sad and freaking hilarious at the same time. We are here to stay, Paul or no Paul, we are taking the GOP back from the liberals.

The struggle to defend individual liberty against those who would willingly sacrifice their liberty, and yours is eternal. Those of us who are doing the work today must also pave the way for those who follow to be ever more effective. We need to encourage grass roots efforts because the diversity of action yields the best overall test of the ideas. The best survive and thrive, the worst remain marginal. (There is always somebody who will believe in ANYTHING.)

The aspect that was absent from the Ron Paul grass roots movement was the experience or tools people could use to quickly weed out ineffective behavior and encourage effective behavior. Far too much time and energy was wasted on people who had no ability to become effective Republicans or to be taken seriously by voting Republicans. I heard today that two of these folks we know have already re-registered with their favorite 3rd party; one Constitutional, one Libertarian. I'll never understand the conscious decision to make oneself as politically ineffective as possible but a very tiny portion of the population does so proudly and even self-righteously. As long as they're having fun I guess it doesn't hurt anyone.

To counter the urge for folks to return to a third party or apathy, we are launching an organization for grass roots activists to share effective activities. We will leverage volunteer talents to build out other tools for promoting conservative values within the GOP and for enforcing "trickle-up-integrity" in local communities. The website will launch in the coming week after having worked on it for way too long. It is ready for prime time. Always a work in progress, this is a tool that grass roots volunteers will continue to improve on. We're kicking the idea out into the marketplace of ideas with every confidence that it will be given a life by those who participate. Participation is the only requirement. This isn't a tool you buy and put on a shelf. You only have it if you use it. Do or don't do, at The Alphaville Decoder organization those are the only choices.

We go live within the week at www.AlphavilleDecoder.org

torchbearer
03-08-2008, 10:49 PM
We shall continue to fight on...

pepperpete1
03-08-2008, 10:50 PM
What state is your Jefferson County in?
Great news and if this only continues there IS a chance to win THIS election.

puppetmaster
03-08-2008, 10:52 PM
bump for the message

acroso
03-08-2008, 10:55 PM
We should refund the blimp for the convention and do flyovers of the RNC convention.

Paul Revered
03-08-2008, 10:58 PM
I posted the OP on MySpace.

Zera
03-08-2008, 11:08 PM
What state is your Jefferson County in?
Great news and if this only continues there IS a chance to win THIS election.

Iowa, I believe.

If we can continue to get such amazing delegate show ups in other states, we can truly take over at the national convention, and truly shock the world.

What will be cooler is that, it will all be documented here. I can see it on the cover of Time magazine, "How Paul Stole the Nomination", with Paul in an epic pose accepting the nomination. It would go into how we planned all this, and how the often ridiculed grassroots efforts did something so huge.

torchbearer
03-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Iowa, I believe.

If we can continue to get such amazing delegate show ups in other states, we can truly take over at the national convention, and truly shock the world.

What will be cooler is that, it will all be documented here. I can see it on the cover of Time magazine, "How Paul Stole the Nomination", with Paul in an epic pose accepting the nomination. It would go into how we planned all this, and how the often ridiculed grassroots efforts did something so huge.

+1. i know i was blown away by the quality of people we have in our revolution in louisiana.

Zera
03-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Yep. And all the coverage Paul will get for getting the nomination would just be free advertising for us. And finally... the MSM won't be able to black him out anymore.

filmmaker58
03-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Double posting because this is cool! In Nye the county Convention in Nevada, 44 of 65 possible delegates going to the State convention are all Ron Paul republicans. We fought for some great platform planks, and go a lot of people thinking, and a few more people worried. Congrats to everyone who was involved. Yesterday they were telling people we were not going to show up because Ron Paul was quitting, and tonight they are shitting their pants.

Libertytree
03-08-2008, 11:25 PM
I love to hear each and every word yaw'll, Thank You and great job!!!

SWATH
03-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Yep. And all the coverage Paul will get for getting the nomination would just be free advertising for us. And finally... the MSM won't be able to black him out anymore.

The establishment would no longer black him out, they would rub him out.

syborius
03-08-2008, 11:26 PM
good stuff, bump

mkeller
03-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Hurrah!

Melissa
03-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Great story just posted it to my meetup group

snpage
03-08-2008, 11:31 PM
I think the man is not psychologically or mentally fit for office and I expect him to prove it all on his own.

McCain angry at a reporter:
http://www.breitbart.tv/html/59014.html

This man is fucking psycho. If the question contains info that america already knows, then WHY get mad??? That is a huge indicator. This man is nuts.

brooklyn
03-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Today we had our county convention also and my daughter(17) is a delegate and her boyfriend(18) is also a delegate.
He got up in front of 3000 people and helped reject the GOP platform and received a round of applause when he stepped down.
18!! The future of the party and active member.
This is what we need- to educate, stimulate and encourage our children not to stand by and bemoan how things are but to stand up and make a change through
involvment.
Knowledge to make a decision, courage to make a difference. Thats what it is all about.

Melissa
03-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Today we had our county convention also and my daughter(17) is a delegate and her boyfriend(18) is also a delegate.
He got up in front of 3000 people and helped reject the GOP platform and received a round of applause when he stepped down.
This is what we need- to educate, stimulate and encourage our children not to stand by and bemoan how things are but to stand up and make a change through
involvment.
Knowledge to make a decision, courage to make a difference. Thats what it is all about.

another great story

alaric
03-08-2008, 11:42 PM
Great work, congrats! I got the impression this county was in Colorado.

nate895
03-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Take that, abe.

brooklyn
03-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Nevada:)

pepperpete1
03-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Great work, congrats! I got the impression this county was in Colorado.

It would be helpful to us if persons posting their counties if they would be so kind to include which state they are in also.

I had to laugh at filmmakers post and then was drawn up short with the one that Swath posted. DO NOT THINK IT, SAY IT, OR POST IT. There is power in the written word and more in the spoken word. It would be a sure way to bring it about. If you do not believe in such things, then just know that the negativity of such a comment is not welcome.

beachmaster
03-09-2008, 12:37 AM
"trickle-up-integrity"

Definitely what we need!

TruthAtLast
03-09-2008, 12:39 AM
i wish I could give more than 5 stars to this thread. I'd love for this thread or another "delegate success stories" thread to be stickied.

Banana
03-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Unconventional victory through conventional means!

Rock on!

hawks4ronpaul
03-09-2008, 05:35 AM
Unconventional victory through conventional means!

Rock on!

Asymmetric campaigning.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

szczebrzeszyn
03-09-2008, 05:40 AM
wow, this thread made my day

north star
03-09-2008, 06:06 AM
This is how we should accomplish our objectives. Remember, it took over 200 years to get where we are now, and it might take a while to get the system back to where it will work for the people. We need to get as many young people involved in this process as possible - I'm sure that is why Dr. Paul has spent so much time speaking to young people on college campuses.

I have spent quite a lot of time browsing these forums, and as you can see, this is my first post. I think people are finally beginning to see the light. Reform the system from the inside out. It's the best way to bring about lasting change.

bucfish
03-09-2008, 06:11 AM
We need to get people outside of ALL McCAin Speaking events and fundraisers and people going in like they are a supporter and asking him tough questions about the economy an area where he thoroughly lacks knowledge.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-09-2008, 06:12 AM
welcome to the forums north star!

jointhefightforfreedom
03-09-2008, 06:12 AM
My precinct represents around 100k voter base and were ALL
Delegates for RON PAUL !!!

WE WERE ELECTED UNANAMOUSLY!

goldstandard
03-09-2008, 06:20 AM
wow, this thread made my day

+1. But it wouldn't be bad at all if there were more such threads.:)

Edu
03-09-2008, 06:41 AM
My precinct represents around 100k voter base and were ALL
Delegates for RON PAUL !!!

WE WERE ELECTED UNANAMOUSLY!Where was that?

Nevada, Nye County - 44 RP delegates, the other 21 could change their mind.

joemiller
03-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Great post, Jahfre. I am sure you realize what political impact "Paulitions" will have if they can move "en mass" into the Republican Party through their local county precinct committee election process held later this summer. We might just win our party back from the political elite, special interests and other neocons who have taken it over. It is to this goal I write to you and hope you can direct your efforts. Mounting a first-of-its-kind, nation-wide, coordinated effort to put a "Paulite" precinct committee man and woman in every precinct position, plus winning the two "State" county representatives to their State GOP structure will mean we will have effectively taken over the party. How cool is that?

For many Paulites, this will be their first political campaign, a potential start for many to a promising political career. Therefore, a clearinghouse of information will help insure their victory and solidify Dr. Paul's political message within the Party.

Good luck

joe

Sarge
03-09-2008, 09:33 AM
I was gone all day yesterday, and awoke to see the sun shining through the clouds on this forum this am.

What a great job on all those becoming delegates. Ky trudging through the snow and not having anyone else show up, NV, CO and on and on.

If the remaining states could pull off a majority of delegates there is a good chance we get heard. The more delegates we get, the more likely we can convert other's.

Those making awesome speeches, rule changes and becoming delegates, I say thank you for not giving up.

Edu
03-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Washington State 13, with 14 others that may change mind. (district caucus)
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/41879

Henry
03-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Bump^^^^^^^^^:)

Maxwell TX
03-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Ron Paul Delegates Update - Gaining Momentum!
http://www.nolanchart.com/article3110.html

by Jahfre Fire Eater
(Libertarian)

~snip~

In a 2 minute, ad hoc speech, this kid got 4 huge applause and a partial standing ovation when he stepped down. It was fantastic. Afterwards, there was a line of people at the Ron Paul table. Everyone at this convention is a delegate. Those people in line are looking to sign up as Colorado Ron Paul delegates. They are former Huckabee people and Romney people and Fred people and Tancredo people. The Giuliani people all went for McCain, I'm sure. They have so little in common with the rest.

~snip~
We go live within the week at www.AlphavilleDecoder.org
WAY TO GO COLORADO!!!

TXcarlosTX
03-09-2008, 10:37 AM
im drunk... but this sounds like a win for the good guys

Phantom
03-09-2008, 10:50 AM
That's the way to do it. :D

speciallyblend
03-09-2008, 12:30 PM
great article, but if you want to blame people for leaving the republican party. i would lay the blame solely on the GOP. I totally disagree with your idea that 3rd party's are useless and not worth the time,if that was the case then the right for a woman to vote would of been set back many years. 3rd partys and activist are truly the ones that keep people in check locally and at state level. I am staying republican,but i will not vote for mccain and if i feel my vote goes to a better message then i vote for it. Ron Paul's Message has grabbed our attentions. WHY??

Because i left the democratic party 12 yrs ago and joined the Libertarian Party,then 14 months ago . i joined the republican party for Ron Paul's Message ,if it wasnt for 3rd partys . I would of NEVER ,let me REPEAT NEVER joined the republican party. In my eyes the WASTED VOTE IS DEMOCRAT and REPUBLICAN,basically endorsing the same big government ONE PARTY SYSTEM... I'll be voting for anyone but a republican,unless they nominate Ron Paul.

I was told at the caucus to line up like a sheep(in my words) for mccain?????? yeah right

I will continue to promote ron pauls message inside and outside the party. It's really up to the gop to want me to vote for them,which it seems they dont. Our local gop made sure they sent mccain gop votes for him, but good luck to the rest of colorado. My Faith in the gop is about -10% and going down....

If the gop doesnt shape up in at least 4 yrs. I'll have to consider another party. THERE IS NO WASTED VOTE. every Vote counts. no matter what anyone trys to imply . A VOTE FOR A PARTY IS A VOTE FOR A PLATFORM,in my eyes the Libertarian party is more Republican then the Republican Party . It's time to either shape the Republican party back to the
Republican Party Platform or ship them out........

If you Run REPUBLICAN in my County ,you might as well not run. REPUBLICAN = YOU WILL LOSE . I would need many years before i could even run trying to explain away why republican doesnt mean the worst in everyones thoughts. RON PAULS MESSAGE SOLD TO ALOT OF PEOPLE,but the minute you mentioned republican. well your argument was pretty much killed,THATS A FACT

nate895
03-09-2008, 12:33 PM
great article, but if you want to blame people for leaving the republican party. i would lay the blame solely on the GOP. I totally disagree with your idea that 3rd party's are useless and not worth the time,if that was the case then the right for a woman to vote would of been set back many years. 3rd partys and activist are truly the ones that keep people in check locally and at state level. I am staying republican,but i will not vote for mccain and if i feel my vote goes to a better message then i vote for it. Ron Paul's Message has grabbed our attentions. WHY??

Because i left the democratic party 12 yrs ago and joined the Libertarian Party,then 14 months ago . i joined the republican party for Ron Paul's Message ,if it wasnt for 3rd partys . I would of NEVER ,let me REPEAT NEVER joined the republican party. In my eyes the WASTED VOTE IS DEMOCRAT and REPUBLICAN,basically endorsing the same big government ONE PARTY SYSTEM... I'll be voting for anyone but a republican,unless they nominate Ron Paul.

I was told at the caucus to line up like a sheep(in my words) for mccain?????? yeah right

I will continue to promote ron pauls message inside and outside the party. It's really up to the gop to want me to vote for them,which it seems they dont. Our local gop made sure they sent mccain gop votes for him, but good luck to the rest of colorado. My Faith in the gop is about -10% and going down....

If the gop doesnt shape up in at least 4 yrs. I'll have to consider another party. THERE IS NO WASTED VOTE. every Vote counts. no matter what anyone trys to imply . A VOTE FOR A PARTY IS A VOTE FOR A PLATFORM,in my eyes the Libertarian party is more Republican then the Republican Party . It's time to either shape the Republican party back to the
Republican Party Platform or ship them out........

No one here except uncollapse wants you to vote for McCain, vote your conscious, but we should pick one third party and all vote for it just to send a message.

speciallyblend
03-09-2008, 12:44 PM
No one here except uncollapse wants you to vote for McCain, vote your conscious, but we should pick one third party and all vote for it just to send a message.

I went to my caucus yesterday. It was pretty disgusting. My wife would only go ,if she could bring her computer so she didnt have to pay attention. She supports Ron Paul,but after experiencing 2 caucuses in the republican party,you couldnt pay her to join. It truly makes me sick to my stomach . The fact i have to tell people and explain to people why im a republican is disgusting in itself.

The Republican Party should be thankful im even registered in their party. It truly pisses me off to be republican. That's sad:(

Ron Paul 2008 Write In Ron Paul or vote for someone who makes sense outside of the old one party system...

rockandrollsouls
03-09-2008, 01:07 PM
get our people in there...we can do this.

beachmaster
03-09-2008, 02:46 PM
The Republican Party should be thankful im even registered in their party. It truly pisses me off to be republican. That's sad:(

I feel the same. However, keep in mind that the Republican party was hijacked from true conservative/libertarians. So the answer is to take the party back, and make it into something good. Don't know if there's enough time to do that before we are all toast, but it would be a noble cause.

PismoPam
03-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Man, it does my heart good to hear this!
For the first time today I told someone that I am a conservative anti-war Republican, and they were shocked! Republicans have become synonymous with pro-war. I agree, stay in the party, change it from within.

lvp1138
03-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Nevada's Clark County convention was yesterday. Over 3,200 people attended, and 900 people nominated themselves to be delegates to the state convention in Reno on April 26th.

It was almost a McCain fest, at the beginning. I was unsure how many of us truly were there. Until the GOP chairwoman stepped up. She announced that she had invited McCain to come to the state convention. Good applause, many McCain signs in the air. Then she said "I have also invited congressman Ron Paul to give a speech at the convention". And then the room went crazy. At that point in time, happiness was all over me again. I knew there were many of us :)

Then as we started proposing changes to the platform, whenever people mentioned the Federal Reserve, sound money, foreign policy, etc, strong applauses would go off. I was happy. :)

Reno will be even more fun! I hope Ron shows up!

People, DON'T GIVE UP. The fun has just started :)

Banana
03-09-2008, 03:16 PM
lvp1138, do you know whether RPRs were elected as delegates?

Also did RP-esque resolutions pass?

lvp1138
03-09-2008, 03:18 PM
lvp1138, do you know whether RPRs were elected as delegates?

Also did RP-esque resolutions pass?

We can't say numbers. And this goes to everyone. Do not give out numbers. Our enemies are here reading all of this...

As for resolutions, there were some big discussions about this and it was decided that there would be another meeting on the 18th to work on the GOP platform.

Banana
03-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Fair enough.

I'm glad to hear that the resolutions are being taken seriously.

Good work! :)

Ball
03-09-2008, 03:23 PM
im drunk...

Dude, it wasn't even noon before you posted that :D

puppetmaster
03-09-2008, 04:43 PM
We can't say numbers. And this goes to everyone. Do not give out numbers. Our enemies are here reading all of this...

As for resolutions, there were some big discussions about this and it was decided that there would be another meeting on the 18th to work on the GOP platform.

Thats is correct. But you all need to show up all the way to the National Convention...for America and for yourself!

alaric
03-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Dude, it wasn't even noon before you posted that :D

the 12:00 rule only applies to those who get up early:p

idiom
03-09-2008, 09:24 PM
involvment.

That guy knows how to kiss Parental ass!

Join The Paul Side
03-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Bump for Freedom! :D