PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Elections Today

brooklyn
03-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Big turn out today at the county elections for state delegates and huge Ron Paul delegate presence.
Thanks to RP delegates, we rejected the GOP platform and now will have another meeting this month to re address the platform.
GOP leaders started today stating Romney supporters and Paul supporters need to get behind the GOP nominee Mcwar and that brought a huge round of boos.
I think Mcwar supporters must believe in the shoo-in since there were not as many as you would believe the nominee would have.
Nevada could send 1500+ delegates to state and only 900+ have decided to go.
I sense a big RP presence in those delegates.
Lets see what happens in April.
Stay tuned.....

nate895
03-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Can you get 50% of the state convention delegates? We will get all of the delegates if we can do that.

Banana
03-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Righteous.

This is how we will win.

Unconventional victory!

nate895
03-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Righteous.

This is how we will win.

Unconventional victory!

Through the convention process, how ironic.

Brian
03-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks to *H* for setting out the "Latter-Day Saints for Ron Paul" fliers on everyone's chair. That was brilliant.

Brian
03-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Can you get 50% of the state convention delegates? We will get all of the delegates if we can do that.

Having > 50% of the delegates at the state convention is a serious possibility IMO.

nate895
03-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Having > 50% of the delegates at the state convention is a serious possibility IMO.

Maybe I should move to Nevada if things don't go as well for us Washingtonians.

Banana
03-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Through the convention process, how ironic.

Well, mass has been conditioned into thinking that they just show up at the booth and that's it, so in this sense, it's unconventional, yeah.

Irony is fun! ;)

Banana
03-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Maybe I should move to Nevada if things don't go as well for us Washingtonians.

I thought we did have more than 50% precinct delegates, thus guaranteeing us 50%+ for state convention, no?

nate895
03-08-2008, 08:24 PM
I thought we did have more than 50% precinct delegates, thus guaranteeing us 50%+ for state convention, no?

We believe so, but we are not betting on anything until we get the reports from the county conventions.

Banana
03-08-2008, 08:35 PM
We believe so, but we are not betting on anything until we get the reports from the county conventions.

Gotcha. Best to play it safe; we don't want to snatch defeat from jaws of victory! ;)

pepperpete1
03-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Gotcha. Best to play it safe; we don't want to snatch defeat from jaws of victory! ;)

Just a word to the wise, make sure your delegates running for national convention are apprised of the program for your state conventions.

I went to our state convention in Michigan, totally ignorant of how the system works. I was vying for a delegate position that was left unbound of Romney's. I did not have to be elected as a county delegate to run. Just had to fill out a form of Presidential Preference and put uncommitted in the box, turn it in before 6 pm the first night of the caucus.Of course everyone had to be credentialed either as a guest or delegate. Guests cannot vote. Since I was not a delegate, I had to register as a guest but still got my name put on the nominated list by filling out that form.

How the others whose names were already put on the board as nominees for the national convention got there, I do not know. They even had flyers made up as to why they should be elected as a national delegate and were prepared with their generic GOP speech. It is probably best if you do not expound that you are a Ron Paul supporter, unless you KNOW that the majority of the persons in the room are also.

Those of us new to the mechanics of running for a position may not know that there may be forms that need to be filled out, fees to be paid, or that a stump speech as to why the other delegates should vote for you may be given.

It would be a good thing if you had a group of supporters there to cheer you on.

It was difficult trying to find information on the program until you get to the convention and then you will receive program of events. Of course, in between voting for delegates and alternates there were stump speeches from persons running for University boards, persons running for other offices, mostly state, and even had Janet Huckabee talking for Mike. Ugh!

So I am thrilled to see so many get a chance to actually get a chance to go to the national convention. Research some past conventions if you have to, talk to others who have attended.

Good job people!

Wolfgang Bohringer
03-08-2008, 10:59 PM
At today's Clark County Nevada Convention, Nevada State Chairwoman Sue Lowden addressed the 3,000+ delegates and welcomed the Ron Paul supporters and promised to invite Ron Paul to speak to the State convention in Reno on April 26th. So, everybody please email Ron Paul and inform him that he needs to keep that day clear on his calendar.

puppetmaster
03-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Clark County GOP are snakes in the grass...keep your eyes open....!

brooklyn
03-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Boy is that the truth- but as long as you know which end of the snake to hold.....
however Ron Paul was invited to speak at the state convention so maybe we can have him make an appearance in Reno.
A little inspiration goes a long way!:)

pepperpete1
03-08-2008, 11:59 PM
At today's Clark County Nevada Convention, Nevada State Chairwoman Sue Lowden addressed the 3,000+ delegates and welcomed the Ron Paul supporters and promised to invite Ron Paul to speak to the State convention in Reno on April 26th. So, everybody please email Ron Paul and inform him that he needs to keep that day clear on his calendar.

Golly, that sounds so wonderful, after all the slurs, insults, and being the butt of so many jokes in the media, to have an invitation to speak to the masses.

I am impressed with 3,000+ delegates from one county. Go Guys and Gals!

filmmaker58
03-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Nye County Nevada reporting in. 44 of 65 delegates are Ron Paul Republicans,

OptionsTrader
03-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Unconventional victory!

filmmaker58
03-09-2008, 12:21 AM
It took some unconventional thinking for our conventional success.

gerryb
03-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Nye County Nevada reporting in. 44 of 65 delegates are Ron Paul Republicans,

Nye county was RP's strongest county in Nevada, wasn't it? So maybe we can only expect 50% in the others ^^

I can't wait to see the results from state conventions.

Ball
03-09-2008, 02:47 AM
Unconventional victory!

I think you mean conven...oh nevermind...

OK people, you see this happening across the nation...do you want to take part?

THIS is the way forward! :D

Delegates, delegates, delegates, delegates...

brooklyn
03-09-2008, 01:38 PM
bump

Paul4Prez
03-09-2008, 01:57 PM
GOP leaders started today stating Romney supporters and Paul supporters need to get behind the GOP nominee Mcwar and that brought a huge round of boos.

McCain didn't even campaign in Nevada. McCain has the Republican nomination locked up without Nevada's support, if you believe the mainstream media. Nevada Republicans owe McCain nothing. A strong vote against him at the national convention would be a good show of protest against him. Go for it. Encourage the Romney supporters to vote against McCain, too -- even if it's to abstain.

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-09-2008, 01:59 PM
I think you mean conven...oh nevermind...

OK people, you see this happening across the nation...do you want to take part?

THIS is the way forward! :D

Delegates, delegates, delegates, delegates...

we know, we know, we know!!!

Now, shhh, shhhh, shhhhh!!!