PDA

View Full Version : I continue to believe the financial

Johnnybags
08-17-2007, 09:53 AM
manipulation going on in the markets will coincide perfectly with Rons message over time. The FED is out of control propping up a house of cards market and will only cause hyperinflation or a massive recession. As people open up the ole 401k's they will finally look for an alternative to massive government overspending leading us into a forced decline of the standard of living for special interests around the world.

nullvalu
08-17-2007, 09:55 AM
you know the market was down over 300 points yesterday then rallied at the end of day to close at -15.

this has been happening for like a week or more straight hasn't it?

austin356
08-17-2007, 10:15 AM
you know the market was down over 300 points yesterday then rallied at the end of day to close at -15.

this has been happening for like a week or more straight hasn't it?

Hedges had alot of short positions; So they caused a panic and bought back. Quite obvious indeed.

SELL HARD; Create Panic; Buy Back; Large profit; A profit on the fall (short) and a profit on the rise.

liberatenyc
08-17-2007, 10:47 AM
manipulation going on in the markets will coincide perfectly with Rons message over time. The FED is out of control propping up a house of cards market and will only cause hyperinflation or a massive recession. As people open up the ole 401k's they will finally look for an alternative to massive government overspending leading us into a forced decline of the standard of living for special interests around the world.

This is an excellent observation and I concur wholeheartedly. It takes crisis for individuals to question what they know to be true, and we are definitely headed for some big problems. Sometimes I just take a step back and marvel at the myriad events/circumstances that are making this presidency a reality.

bygone
08-17-2007, 10:52 AM
The market basically suffered a 10% correction over the last two weeks or so.

While I'd like to blame the Fed for everything; its really not quite that simple. People are being idiots too, signing up for things that they ultimately cannot afford. Some of the Fed people have been saying as much... and aren't eager to bail them out (referring to the subprime mess).

noxagol
08-17-2007, 10:54 AM
It takes a huge shock to wake people out of apathy.

Original_Intent
08-17-2007, 11:00 AM
I read this morning that the Fed cut rates by half a percent? Seems like that is pretty unusual to do between their quarterly meetings.

Johnnybags
08-17-2007, 11:11 AM
saw a small rate cut, means nothing, all done for psychology, also pumped in 17 billion yesterday and 6 billion today and are taking crap collateral from the banks. Yes, people were fools but no the banks and brokers are at fault, all they wanted were fees to meet earnings targets. FED is pushing on a string because no foreigners are loaning us money for packaged mtg crap anymore. Also, many of those so called private equity deals will go bust soon.

Santana28
08-17-2007, 01:21 PM
While I'd like to blame the Fed for everything; its really not quite that simple. People are being idiots too, signing up for things that they ultimately cannot afford.

well, don't forget that the root issue with that problem is the inflation in housing costs - a modest house that cost a family $100,000 10 years ago is the exact same house it was then, but now costs $250,000+ !

People see the type of house that they grew up in, and their parents grew up in, and so on - and thats what they compare when thinking about what they need for their family. "If My father could afford this on one paltry income back then, then i'm CERTAINLY able to afford this on our combined family income!"

True, there are plenty of idiots out there buying $300,000 mansions on a $35,000 a year income... i don't exactly feel sorry for them.... but still. Its not ALL just irresponsible buyers. I think alot of them have been menipulated into thinking these prices are "normal" and on par with their income.

The American Dream has never felt so far away... it sucks. I don't think i'll ever own a home at this rate. And my rent has increased 38% in 2-1/2 years in an already vastly overpriced area. ::sigh::