PDA

View Full Version : News from the Banana Republic

wgadget
03-08-2008, 11:47 AM
This morning I called my parents, who live in Ohio. I asked them if they really had paper ballots in their primary election and they said no, it was a computer screen. But they said that up in Cleveland they used paper ballots. I heard on the radio that some of the precinct chairmen in Cleveland didn't show up to open the voting at the proper time---I guess they slept in.

My mother told me that all of the names were on the ballot, that is, everyone of the people who started out in the campaign for the GOP. Also, she told me she was confused because there seemed to be TWO different pages of presidential choices. ????? She then told me that at least on the second page, she voted for Ron Paul, but wasn't sure what in the heck the first page was.

Anyone else from OH who can make any sense out of this?

BlCkDeAtH
03-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I got a lot of calls from people asking about the two "separate" choices for president. The first one was to elect delegates from your congressional district, the second one was to elect delegates to your state convention. In short, you should vote for the same candidate on both of them.

wgadget
03-08-2008, 12:08 PM
And they actually expect the general population to understand all this?