PDA

View Full Version : An anarchist thinks out loud

thompsonisland
03-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Permit me to muse for a moment.

Someone said here that the campaign and the candidate were not perfect, but the message is.

Surely, the campaign and the candidate have misspent their funds, in my opinion. Nonetheless, as Rothbard points out, we should not dismiss the proponent of a good idea because there are flaws in the thesis. We should build on what is good, examine what is weak, throw out what is bad.

So, the Ron Paul campaign is where this generation of liberty-minded individuals begins, again.

But what about those of us who have deep misgivings about donating to political campaigns, politicians in general, voting per se, and the Republican party overall? What is our next step?

As many have pointed out, this is one battle in a war that is not to be won in a single election, by a single eccentric. The generation that is wholeheartedly supporting Obama, or Clinton, or whatever other big government politico wags his/her tongue for the camera, was won in the classroom, in the dorm room, in the cafe, around the keg.

I won't be running for office. I won't be getting active in the Republican party, although I will support Ron Paul candidates. What I will do is jump into the battle of ideas, wholesale.

I will not be afraid to put forth propositions, to defend them, to debate and to refine and reformat my own positions. I will become better versed in the nitty-gritty, unsexy issues of monetary policy that are so important to this discussion. I will not roll over when my friends say things that I disagree with, that I think are mistaken.

I WILL EDUCATE MY OWN CHILDREN, IN MY OWN HOME, WHEN IT MATTERS, WHEN THEY ARE LEARNING TO THINK! If the next generation can learn how to think, the truth will prevail.

Anarchy is not apathy!

Indeed, anarchist ideas bring great responsibility, because personal responsibility requires an internal compass.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Permit me to muse for a moment.

Someone said here that the campaign and the candidate were not perfect, but the message is.

Surely, the campaign and the candidate have misspent their funds, in my opinion. Nonetheless, as Rothbard points out, we should not dismiss the proponent of a good idea because there are flaws in the thesis. We should build on what is good, examine what is weak, throw out what is bad.

So, the Ron Paul campaign is where this generation of liberty-minded individuals begins, again.

But what about those of us who have deep misgivings about donating to political campaigns, politicians in general, voting per se, and the Republican party overall? What is our next step?

As many have pointed out, this is one battle in a war that is not to be won in a single election, by a single eccentric. The generation that is wholeheartedly supporting Obama, or Clinton, or whatever other big government politico wags his/her tongue for the camera, was won in the classroom, in the dorm room, in the cafe, around the keg.

I won't be running for office. I won't be getting active in the Republican party, although I will support Ron Paul candidates. What I will do is jump into the battle of ideas, wholesale.

I will not be afraid to put forth propositions, to defend them, to debate and to refine and reformat my own positions. I will become better versed in the nitty-gritty, unsexy issues of monetary policy that are so important to this discussion. I will not roll over when my friends say things that I disagree with, that I think are mistaken.

I WILL EDUCATE MY OWN CHILDREN, IN MY OWN HOME, WHEN IT MATTERS, WHEN THEY ARE LEARNING TO THINK! If the next generation can learn how to think, the truth will prevail.

Anarchy is not apathy!

Indeed, anarchist ideas bring great responsibility, because personal responsibility requires an internal compass.

It was an important point in American history when Henry Thoreau called for anarchy or civil disobedience. By shining light on the Declaration of Independence, the Ralph Waldo Emerson Disciple created a movement known as American Transcendentalism. This movement helped our nation to escape from a period of tyranny to bring us back towards the original civil purpose that our founding forefathers intended for us in the Constitution. As with all Governmental Constitutions, this civil purpose involved collective contentment for all Americans.
The integrity of this movement of transcendentalism depended largely on a theory that viewed the American majority as pitted against a real flesh and blood tyranny. Surprisingly, in order to escape from this period of social dis-ease, Ralph Waldo Emerson used the healthy and content character of the Native American as the best example of what the founding fathers intended for us in the Constitution.
So, if this tyrant is not flesh and blood but a principality and power, then we have all been had. When legal tyranny gives itself away as nothing more than chaos is when it reveals itself to be only a legal business rather than a civil issue solver. During such periods of governmental insanity, people do meaningless work to the point of putting themselves out of business. Even the lawyers themselves work like crazed mad men.

What is this legal tyranny?

1) A legal tyranny is an empty box who ignores civil purpose and whose meaningless product is the marketing of worthless legal precedent.

2) It is an imprisonment within the limited reality of a courtroom.

3) It was the political corruption for which the Lord Jesus Christ grieved to His Father to avoid, not His crucifixion. He would rather be tortured and tormented than bicker with it. Jesus would chose to have his hands and feet nailed to a cross rather than suffer under its judgement.

4) Legal tyranny was the vicious cycle Prince Buddha chose to leave his thrown from so that he might transcend back into the womb. He said it was better not to be born, Nervana (the state of unborness), than to have to face such a reality.

5) Legal tyranny is where we are all living when we bicker as liberals and conservatives about legal issues.

christagious
03-08-2008, 02:25 PM
What is this legal tyranny?

1) A legal tyranny is an empty box who ignores civil purpose and whose meaningless product is the marketing of worthless legal precedent.

2) It is an imprisonment within the limited reality of a courtroom.

3) It was the political corruption for which the Lord Jesus Christ grieved to His Father to avoid, not His crucifixion. He would rather be tortured and tormented than bicker with it. Jesus would chose to have his hands and feet nailed to a cross rather than suffer under its judgement.

4) Legal tyranny was the vicious cycle Prince Buddha chose to leave his thrown from so that he might transcend back into the womb. He said it was better not to be born, Nirvana (the state of unborness), than to have to face such a reality.

5) Legal tyranny is where we are all living when we bicker as liberals and conservatives about legal issues.

QFT