PDA

View Full Version : Republican National Committee just called for money

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Again. I don't know why they keep calling. I tell them every time that I won't be sending more money until Ron Paul is the nominee. They stick to their script even as I say that I don't necessarily WANT to keep the white house in GOP hands if Ron Paul is not the nominee.

Man, they are thick. You give money to a group, and they act like stray cats. :rolleyes:

bc2208
08-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Don't insult stray cats - theyre sweet and cute and deserve our charity. The GOP deserves a worse fate.

LibertyEagle
08-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Don't insult stray cats - theyre sweet and cute and deserve our charity. The GOP deserves a worse fate.

I will remind you that the GOP is the Party whose nomination we are seeking for Dr. Paul. We have to embrace the Republicans Party. Please stop insulting them.

dagnytaggart
08-17-2007, 09:44 AM
I just got my "Rudy Guiliani: 12 Commitments to the American People" pledge card with my name on it!!!
First commitment: " I will keep America on the offense in the Terrorists' War on Us"
I've got it right next to my computer to keep me motivated!
What a mow ron!

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-17-2007, 09:51 AM
They constantly send me solicitations, as I have given in the past. They sent me one, with a lapel pin yesterday.

The last few I sent back with "you get no money from me until you end this AMNESTY plan." I guess they didn't get the message.

What bothers me is, on the return reply it says "I stand with President Bush and ...." I, for the most part, support the Republican Party, but I certainly don't stand with Bush on a whole lot any more.

I might send them $25, and thank 'em for the lapel pin I'm going to wear on my jacket in St. Paul, when I'm a "renegade" delegate taking back the GOP, casting a vote for the next President of the United States, Ron Paul.

Kregener
08-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Next time, ask them just how much would one have to contribute to buy a little freedom and liberty...

Marshall
08-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Or ask them if its ok if you send them monopoly money, since its worth about as much as the USD.

FSP-Rebel
08-17-2007, 12:39 PM
The GOP stopped calling/mailing me years ago.

Wyurm
08-17-2007, 12:44 PM
I just got my "Rudy Guiliani: 12 Commitments to the American People" pledge card with my name on it!!!
First commitment: " I will keep America on the offense in the Terrorists' War on Us"
I've got it right next to my computer to keep me motivated!
What a mow ron!

Interesting. It really depends on who you assign the term "terrorists" to. If you believe its Muslim extremists then you will want Giuliani, if you believe its our current government, well....

Ah well, they hate us for our freedoms.

Cowlesy
08-17-2007, 12:50 PM
They constantly send me solicitations, as I have given in the past. They sent me one, with a lapel pin yesterday.

The last few I sent back with "you get no money from me until you end this AMNESTY plan." I guess they didn't get the message.

What bothers me is, on the return reply it says "I stand with President Bush and ...." I, for the most part, support the Republican Party, but I certainly don't stand with Bush on a whole lot any more.

I might send them $25, and thank 'em for the lapel pin I'm going to wear on my jacket in St. Paul, when I'm a "renegade" delegate taking back the GOP, casting a vote for the next President of the United States, Ron Paul.

Got the pin too, and Amen to the idea of using it to be a renegade. They can't figure it out when they see the little elephant, but you support this guy whose name they cannot even speak. 'Just like tasering a sheep.

Swmorgan77
08-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Or ask them if its ok if you send them monopoly money, since its worth about as much as the USD.

Actually, monopoly money is BETTER at retaining value than the Federal Reserve note.

If you look at the price of a monopoly board game in the 1940's compared to now, it takes much more FRN's to purchase the same monopoly set with the same amount of monopoly money.

It has held its value and the FRN has not :)

IRO-bot
08-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Actually, monopoly money is BETTER at retaining value than the Federal Reserve note.

If you look at the price of a monopoly board game in the 1940's compared to now, it takes much more FRN's to purchase the same monopoly set with the same amount of monopoly money.

It has held its value and the FRN has not :)

Too funny. Sad but true.

trispear
08-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I will remind you that the GOP is the Party whose nomination we are seeking for Dr. Paul. We have to embrace the Republicans Party. Please stop insulting them.

I don't necessarily agree the OP is attacking the GOP. I think it's a perfectly legitimate message to send them that if RP does not get nominated, that we won't won't support the Republicans - I know I won't.

I supported the GOP in 2000 but if they don't live up to their promises, they should be punished, and I'm willing to tell them that directly or they won't ever change.