PDA

View Full Version : What to do if Ron Paul does not get the nomination.

noxagol
08-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Well, it is always good to have contengency plans. So what do you plan on doing if Ron Paul does not get the nomination and does not run third party like he said he would not.

I plan to vote for every Libertarian I can. I think it would be great to get more non-demotraitors and non-republitraitors into Congress. It would through a major wrench into their project.

paulaholic
08-17-2007, 09:09 AM
I think it's been established that this topic is off-limits.

LibertyEagle
08-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Instead of worrying about what we'll do if he doesn't get the nomination, let's do what is necessary so he DOES get the nomination. C'mon folks. We can do this.

ARealConservative
08-17-2007, 09:12 AM
I will keep on fighting for liberty.

Kregener
08-17-2007, 09:14 AM
If Ron paul loses?

Brace yourselves for four more years of the past 80 years.

LibertyEagle
08-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Actually, I don't think our country has 4 more years if Dr. Paul isn't elected.

AMack
08-17-2007, 09:20 AM
I haven't thought much about it, because I already know that he will get the nomination.

Kregener
08-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Then Ron Paul isn't going to save us in his four years.

constituent
08-17-2007, 09:22 AM
put him back in the house!

let's not be sunshine patriots here.

MsDoodahs
08-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Have my name removed from the voting rolls, and back to not voting for me.

:)

SWATH
08-17-2007, 09:26 AM
massive write in vote!

Highmesa
08-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Move the rest of my savings to off-shore hard asset accounts.

RP08
08-17-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't even think about Dr. Paul not getting nominated. This is the first time in over 15 years voting that I actually care about a candidate.

jasonhlasvegas
08-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Whether or not he wins we should prepare ourselves to take on more local and state control of the political system. A Win means all of us will have to do more work for our community. A Loss means all of us will have to do more work for our community. I am very encouraged by this. Maybe the huge disconnect betwen the population and the political system can be bridged by our collective contribution to the system that is taking place right now, and I believe this bridge will go stronger in the months to come.

dsentell
08-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Actually, I don't think our country has 4 more years if Dr. Paul isn't elected.

Ditto.

NO MATTER WHAT, I will be voting for Ron Paul. It will be a write in vote if necessary.

noxagol
08-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Instead of worrying about what we'll do if he doesn't get the nomination, let's do what is necessary so he DOES get the nomination. C'mon folks. We can do this.

I don't disagree, but it is foolish to not consider alternate plans for use if our original one fails. Luck and fortune both favor the prepared.

My motto is and always has been, prepare for the worst while you work and hope for the best.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Let's hope he does get the nomination.

If he doesn't, this is what we do:

1. vote for Congresspersons that embody Ron Paul's ideals, if you can, be they Republicans, Libertarians, or doubtfully, Democrats.
2. stay involved in your local organizations that you have hopefully gotten a toe hold in.
3. RUN FOR OFFICE locally and nationally in 2010.
4. Hold your representative's feet to the fire.
5. Find another Ron Paul-like candidate in 2012.

Sort of on-topic -- while I was creating this post, I got a call from the Mecklenburg County GOP returning my call about "who is my precinct chair." Found out they didn't have one. I am now the official precinct chair!!

4Horsemen
08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
If he does well but loses by a small margin, he'll run as a independent. It will become pivotal on who he selects as his running mate. Somebody with big-time name recognition will prevent him from being excluded from the debates and the election.

bygone
08-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Well, I sure as hell won't be voting for Rudy.

noxagol
08-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Let's hope he does get the nomination.

If he doesn't, this is what we do:

1. vote for Congresspersons that embody Ron Paul's ideals, if you can, be they Republicans, Libertarians, or doubtfully, Democrats.
2. stay involved in your local organizations that you have hopefully gotten a toe hold in.
3. RUN FOR OFFICE locally and nationally in 2010.
4. Hold your representative's feet to the fire.
5. Find another Ron Paul-like candidate in 2012.

Sort of on-topic -- while I was creating this post, I got a call from the Mecklenburg County GOP returning my call about "who is my precinct chair." Found out they didn't have one. I am now the official precinct chair!!

First off, good job on becoming the precinct chair, that is HUGE.

I plan to run for Congress in 2010 myself, for the house, because I will only be 25 at the time heh.