PDA

View Full Version : Draft Ron Paul March MoneyBOMB to Liberty Decides '08 !!!

Bro.Butch
03-08-2008, 03:46 AM
Fellow supporters of Ron Paul,

Let’s keep Ron Paul in the presidential race through Election Day!

Dr. Paul has made it clear he is in the race through the Republican convention in September—he’s not quitting and he’s not letting up. But he has also stated that he doesn’t plan to run after that as a third party candidate.

I understand his reluctance to seek the Libertarian Party’s nomination for President. The rules are stacked against independent and third party candidates, and media attention to these candidacies is minimal.

But the rules are changed now, thanks to Dr. Paul himself.

... Ron Paul is now a household name after the Republican presidential debates. He also has a proven ability to obtain financial support on a level never before enjoyed by the Libertarian Party.

This combination of name recognition and financial support means that a Ron Paul candidacy could carry the Libertarian Party vote *(%) into the double-digits on Election Day, and possibly keep both major parties from obtaining a majority of the votes. No longer would libertarians and constitutionalist conservatives be ignored!

And let’s not forget his demonstrated support from independents and anti-establishment Democrats. A historic new coalition is in the making, and it can carry the Ron Paul Revolution forward past the 2008 elections!

Let’s not throw away all that has been gained this year.

Let’s keep Ron Paul on the ballot through Election Day!

I urge... Dr. Paul to seek and accept the Libertarian Party nomination, for the reasons I’ve given you. The...Libertarian Party to draft Ron Paul as its presidential candidate this year.

Please...join this effort. After you have...please...urge your friends to...as well... That way we maximize the impact...!

Thank you,

David Franke
Manassas, VA 20100

Ron Paul March MoneyBOMB to Liberty Decides '08 !!!
Anyone want to see Ron carry on to the general election Nov.4 ? The absolutely easiest way is for him to be nominated by a third Party. For you who don't know about third party politics, the largest problem is Ballot Access. At this time the Libertarians (LP)leads in this contest over the Constitutional Party (CP)28 states to 16. Both Parties hope to have 50 state status before Nov. 4.

The LP is currently having a contest called "Liberty Decides '08", between some of their candidates to see who has the most support through donations. All the funds are used toward ballot access. The contest has a vote for "a future yet unnamed candidate" that is Ron Paul's ballot. We need to win this contest. Please go to their site and vote whatever you can from $1 to $100 and email them that you want them to NOMINATE RON PAUL. If enough of us do this they will and he will be in the FINAL for all the marbles !!! Give whatever you can !!! I just don't want all of our efforts to end and not be in the finals. We still have a chance to spread this message to 100 million more people. THX

http://www.lp.org/libertydecides/
Liberty Decides '08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fo7HIzomHg
Ron Paul: You Don't Need To Change The Message Of Freedom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO1sw2Qf1Kc&feature=related
THE SHOCKING TRUTH ABOUT RON PAUL

AFM
03-08-2008, 07:56 PM
LETS DO THIS.
If RP is dedicated to the cause of liberty, as he says, and not to the GOP, and we can convince him there is enough support, he will do this.

Bro.Butch
03-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks AFM, Ron can stay in the GOP, but still run for POTUS under another label. He told them he was the only true Republican running, he still will be ! He also carries a lifetime membership with the LP, I guess most of ya'll didn't know that...Please help me get others in here to promote this effort...

IDefendThePlatform
03-09-2008, 03:54 PM
When you are done donating, please send an email to the Constitution Party asking them to nominate Dr. P as their presidential candidate at their convention on April 26th in Kansas City. This would be a great way to keep Dr. P in the race and fire up the liberty movement for this summer. Constitution Party contact form:

https://secure.giftwrapplus.org/cpnc/eu/contactus/

colecrowe
03-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Vote on it in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=126930

Poll results as of 4:50PM est on March 8:

175 votes

48% (84 people): Great (option 1)
29% (49 people): total of Bad+Horrible+Stupid (options 4, 5, & 6)

71.18% Good (options 1-3) (but 10% of those say he could NEVER win (option 2))
28.83% Bad (options 4-6)

So 61% is pretty darn strong (104 people on this forum so far)--that's people that think it would be a good idea AND that he could win it (options 1 and 3).

27.06% say he could NEVER win (options 2 and 5).

Mods: Please do not move this poll. It can't get properly voted on and discussed if it is moved.

Disclaimer: I have done a TON, financially and otherwise for RP, and I still am: On Saturday at 8AM I am attending our county convention (Douglas County, NV) with many family members and friends who are also delegates and alternates. And we plan on going to state and then being one of 34 and go to St. Paul. So I am not giving up on restoring the GOP. But like the founders, I think we need to get away from parties--that's more important. And I am a real supporter, because I would give thousands more and do tons more if he declared indy.

What is the subtitle of this forum? So all you GOP lovers, stop giving up, and let's get the job done.

Starting tomorrow, I will be setting up booths with Ron Paul literature and also walking around gathering signatures at the local university, community colleges, stores, etc. Also, I can get scores of sigs at my work at the National Guard Armory. I can get scores from family and friends. I can get about 150 from the meetup groups.

I got 140 signatures today, in less than 4 hours--I talked to a ton of people and gave out a big box of RP literature! Most of the people who signed barely knew about Ron Paul (at UNR and in my neighborhood door-to-door). Everybody at my work (the national guard armory) and of course my family and friends and my friends from meetup knew him. 53 people said they would "definitely vote" for him. 21 people said they would definitely donate, and the total came to $5,686 (avg. $406--so big because there's a 1000, a 2000, and a 1776.00). 41 of the signers put Republican as their political party, 39 Democrat, 52 unaffiliated/independent.

If you want the PDF, PM me.

I will upload scans of the petition forms, blacking out column 1 (name & street address) and phone number. Please do the same.

After I make a backup copy, I will be sending these to the campaign. I will post the images online with all personal info blacked out.

to zoom in on image go here, zoom is to top-right of image: http://picasaweb.google.com/croweswedding/RP/photo#5174763392170997490

http://lh4.google.com/croweswedding/R9Bz41sMNvI/AAAAAAAAB6k/BYQ1RmXaw3Y/rppetition.PNG?imgmax=512

You still think something can happen at the convention? Here... The important part of this is: 1. 80% of delegates come from Primary states, 2. more than 80% of those delegates will be pledged, 3. those states are almost all winner-take-all, 4. McCain gets to research and approve (choose basically) all those delegates, 5. Ron Paul only got 5% average in all those primaries, and did not win any of them outright.

The most important part is: 86%-95% of the voters and delegates voted for a pro-war, non-Paul candidate. Even if we won half of Romney's people and half of Huckabee's people (extremely, ridiculously, stupidly unlikely) we would still only have like 30% of the delegates. And 80% of Republicans pro-war (thus very anti-Paul), so they would never vote for Ron Paul--even if McCain died, and Romney and Huckabee--it doesn't matter--they would choose many other people before they would ever choose Ron Paul.

http://lh6.google.com/croweswedding/R9DMGVsMNwI/AAAAAAAAB6s/ra6HT0lnrhI/votes.PNGhttp://lh6.google.com/croweswedding/R9DMGVsMNwI/AAAAAAAAB6s/ra6HT0lnrhI/s800/votes.PNG

Absolutely nothing will come from an indy run. You will only have a media blackout worse than it is now, and an even lower chance of winning the general election that now.

Why do you think that? What chance do we have of winning now? The same chance as Kucinich winning the Dem nomination: negative 10 percent.

Ross Perot only spent 64 million on his campaign--a little over 100 million in todays dollars. NOT BILLIONS. So anybody that says so is a fing idiot!--actually they are probably dishonest. And Ron Paul's grassroots is a hundred times more devoted and ready to sacrifice and fight. And the nay-sayers will say "We can't get on the ballots--it's impossible!" Oh, but Ross Perot could? Morons. And Ross Perot was in first place by 9 points (or 8--whatever it was) before he dropped out and said he was threatened (and he still got 19% of the vote--which is great--and Ron Paul is way more amazing than Perot, with way bigger support. And the conditions are similar--there was a recession in '92--now 70% of Americans polled think the economy is bad and likely to get worse, inflation is soaring and gas is still painfully expensive. And then you have the war. The Dems have the war, but they can't get the fiscal, immigration, gun, and school conservatives. The Republicans have what they have (i would argue, not much, with their current candidate, except they would be guaranteed 90% of the pro-war vote (so 30% maybe))--but 72% of Americans want the war to end.

the only reason Ron Paul wouldn't run indy is if he doesn't get overwhelming support for it. That is the only reason he ran in this race. If hundreds of thousands of people write him letters saying they want him to run, they will send money, and get signatures, and canvass, then he will do it. As one of those soldiers that has given to him and worked for his campaign, and knowing that so many of my buddies in Iraq and soon to go back want him to be President so bad, I feel like he will consider that and do it for us troops (and of course for everyone else)--but I mean, it has to mean something incredibly huge that the nation's troops want him as their commander in chief so badly! Please Mr. Paul, please run, please fight, and we will fight with you for a win...

If Ron Paul declared an indy run (after March 4th of course) then he could raise 25 million right off the bat. Everyone I know would give twice what they already have. We could get 200,000 precinct captains and get the 38 states back that are useless to us now in the Repub race because they've already voted, and have 7 months to canvass. Run a couple nationwide amazing infomercials.

Country over party. Remember what all the founders (the good ones) said about parties? Do you think they'd agree that Ron Paul should care more about offending the GOP than fighting for the Constitution, freedom, and government of the people?

We could have an entire forum, NOT A SUBFORUM OF G.C., devoted to "Independent/Third Party Run"... (I'm definitely for indy...but it doesn't matter for the Forum.)

Then we could give every state a ballot subforum. We could have 1 master "ballot" subforum for talk about meta-ballot issues, like legal challenges, places to find sources about ballot issues, etc.

There could be 1 main subforum for general discussion.

This poll is about numbers, not necessarily percentage. If a ton of us want one, that would be great to know.

March 4, 2008: Paul defeats Peden

March 5, 2008: Paul announces independent run

April 15, 2008: Paul sets new, single-day online fundraising record

June 1, 2008: Paul at 15% in multiple opinion polls

July 31, 2008: Paul, with double-digit support, accepts presidential debates invitation

September 1, 2008: McCain, Clinton and Paul in three-way tie in national polls

October 31, 2008: Race still neck-and-neck-and-neck

November 4, 2008: Paul wins

November 5, 2008: Paul resigns TX-14 U.S. House seat, Peden the favorite to win special election

January 20, 2009: Paul sworn in as 44th U.S. President

Well, you guys can go ahead and not give a crap about your country, but my brother and I are going to Iraq in August, so I actually give a crap, because I'd like Ron Paul to start bringing us home quickly in January, and then he could start sending us after al-Queda and Osama, etc. So, yeah, go ahead and call me "not a real RP supporter" or say that I "don't think he can win"--because I actually think it is incredibly important that he be our president, and I absolutely think he can win as an independent, and I care much, much more about ending the Iraq war, restoring freedom, and saving our economy than I do about the GOP. And how many Americans would love to start to take down the horrible two-party system? Most. (INCLUDING Ron Paul--the stupidest, most incredible thing that people use as an argument against an indy run, is that "Ron Paul has always been a Republican--he's the true Republican--he would lose credibility with the GOP (just forget that he has almost none now because 85% of Repubs are rabidly pro-war and most his primary votes came from new registrees)--blah, blah, blah--BUT they forget, Ron Paul hates the party system, just like the founders did. And what of his undying loyalty to the wonderful GOP? BS: he resigned from the GOP--and he's a lifetime member of the Libertarian Party.

Bro.Butch
03-10-2008, 09:38 PM
I know most people don't know how tough ballot access is in this country for non-Dems & Repubs. It would take a massive undertaking to just get Ron on all the ballots. The best thing that could happen would be for several third Parties to work together to get him on the ballot, as they already have access in several states and have started petitioning in others. If they "draft" him he can run as U.S.Rep. Dr.Ron Paul (R-TX) under different labels in different states.

He will appear as an independent in some states so all of you who detest third parties you can just look at it as an Independent run. The main thing is to get Ron on all the ballots as cheaply as possible.

As for contacting the CP, I have e-mailed every official and requested that they draft Ron. They want him but unless he gives them a sign of interest I'm not sure they will carry through with the draft.

I can understand your enthusiasm, however I wouldn't just be getting signatures. Naturally you do as you please, but if I was you I would either work with the CP or LP (they are probably already on tne ballot) or get an official form that is legal to get him on the ballot as an Independent. It would save you double work. I'm with you and want him to continue on to Nov. 4.

http://www.ballot-access.org/2008/020108.html#6

Bro.Butch
03-14-2008, 03:18 AM
LETS DO THIS.
If RP is dedicated to the cause of liberty, as he says, and not to the GOP, and we can convince him there is enough support, he will do this.

New Libertarian Lists Survey (3/5-11/08) shows LP nomination is Ron's for the taking, which would free up money from ballot access to go toward TV ads.

http://small-government-solutions.com/LibertarianListsPage1.html

Let's try to send a few bucks in to let them know WE ARE COMING ! :)

http://www.lp.org/libertydecides/
Liberty Decides '08

The LP is currently having a contest called "Liberty Decides '08", between some of their candidates to see who has the most support through donations. All the funds are used toward ballot access. The contest has a vote for "a future yet unnamed candidate" that is Ron Paul's ballot. We need to win this contest. Please go to their site and vote whatever you can from $1 to $100 and email them that you want them to NOMINATE RON PAUL. If enough of us do this they will and he will be in the FINAL for all the marbles !!! Give whatever you can !!! I just don't want all of our efforts to end and not be in the finals. We still have a chance to spread this message to 100 million more people. THX

Richie
03-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Liberty Decides is an absolute horrible idea and is an example of everything that is wrong with the Libertarian Party. Notice that the two worst campaigns are in first and second place - that's because they are cheating and donating to themselves to make it look like they have more support then they really do. I still think we should use the program, I'm just saying.

Bro.Butch
03-16-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm glad to see you know who the worst candidates are. It is a fundraiser deal. They need money to pay ballot petitioners to get on the ballot. Anything to raise money VOLUNTARILY isn't bad to me, now forced money raising, such as taxes are BAD...lol

So you support the drugwarrior, Barr ?

IDefendThePlatform
03-16-2008, 04:50 PM
How is the Libertarian nominee even selected? How are delegates chosen? Obviously this fundraiser is a "beauty contest" and non-binding (still a good way to show our support for Dr. P and the LP, IMO) but is there anyway to influence the vote more directly? That would be ideal.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Wow. If Ron Paul or Bob Barr can't get into the race, there's no way I'll be voting for the LP candidate. Hard to believe they're going headfirst toward choosing that neo-con creep Wayne Allan Root. I don't think anyone other than a few gullible people like his communication style either, it reminds me of a used car salesman. And Daniel Imperato is just a fundamentalist Catholic nut.

Bro.Butch
03-17-2008, 06:04 AM
How is the Libertarian nominee even selected? How are delegates chosen? Obviously this fundraiser is a "beauty contest" and non-binding (still a good way to show our support for Dr. P and the LP, IMO) but is there anyway to influence the vote more directly? That would be ideal.

It's similar to the Dems and Repubs, except the LP doesn't use Taxpayers money to finance it. Each state and DC are alloted Delegates to the national convention. States nominate their delegates at state conventions. None are bound however as the D/R. Candidates are nominated at the convention. First candidate to 50 % + 1 vote wins. In a large field it could take several ballots as low vote getters are dropped off the ballot after each vote.

There is one thing about the LP, all delegates NEVER make it and each state is allowed to add replacements at the convention from ANY state. I think it costs $25 to join the Party and anyone can go thru their state convention or show up at the national convention in Denver and find a state needing to replace a delegtate. Local or regional Ron supporters could join, attend and fill these slots and vote with the supporters already in the Party. If Ron would just agree to do it, he would win on the first ballot.
http://small-government-solutions.co...istsPage1.html

Bro.Butch
03-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Wow. If Ron Paul or Bob Barr can't get into the race, there's no way I'll be voting for the LP candidate. Hard to believe they're going headfirst toward choosing that neo-con creep Wayne Allan Root. I don't think anyone other than a few gullible people like his communication style either, it reminds me of a used car salesman. And Daniel Imperato is just a fundamentalist Catholic nut.

LOL-man I'm glad to see someone else sees it as I do ! I read somewhere that Root (aka-World W.A.R. III) endorsed McCain over Paul for the Repub nom. That Imperato guy must have "escaped" from an institute somewhere !!?!?!!

Jim Burns, Christine Smith, Kubby, and Daniel E. Williams deserve a second look if Ron declines to carry on.

I REFUSE to support McCain or Obama/Clinton ... I NEVER vote for the lesser of two evils and never will again...

Caulfield
03-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Liberty Decides is an absolute horrible idea and is an example of everything that is wrong with the Libertarian Party. Notice that the two worst campaigns are in first and second place - that's because they are cheating and donating to themselves to make it look like they have more support then they really do. I still think we should use the program, I'm just saying.

The Liberty Decides '08 program is actually brilliant on the party of the Libertarian Party because it allows the party to raise money because donors who max out their limits with individual candidates can donate to the candidates of their choice in the LD '08 program. Additionally, it creates a competitive program that engages Libertarian Party members who otherwise wouldn't be interested in the races until the nomination at the national convention.

It's not cheating if the candidates donate to their own campaign because that money goes directly to the party, so, nobody is losing. If the other candidates are worried that they're being outfundraised in the program, then they can find other donors. Besides, I wouldn't call self-funding cheating.

However, the greatest benefit it brings to the Libertarian Party is that it requires candidates to actually help out the Party instead of just using it for a vehicle of their own political ambitions...that is, if they want the perks of being in Liberty Decides.

Bro.Butch
03-20-2008, 05:19 PM
The Liberty Decides '08 program is actually brilliant on the party of the Libertarian Party because it allows the party to raise money because donors who max out their limits with individual candidates can donate to the candidates of their choice in the LD '08 program. Additionally, it creates a competitive program that engages Libertarian Party members who otherwise wouldn't be interested in the races until the nomination at the national convention.

It's not cheating if the candidates donate to their own campaign because that money goes directly to the party, so, nobody is losing. If the other candidates are worried that they're being outfundraised in the program, then they can find other donors. Besides, I wouldn't call self-funding cheating.

However, the greatest benefit it brings to the Libertarian Party is that it requires candidates to actually help out the Party instead of just using it for a vehicle of their own political ambitions...that is, if they want the perks of being in Liberty Decides.

Great post !!! thx

nate895
03-20-2008, 06:23 PM
You can donate to "Other/Unannounced Candidate."