PDA

View Full Version : The Building of the most sophisticated Grassroots Tool ever created

TruthAtLast
03-07-2008, 09:28 PM
First, I need to know where can I get a list of every Precinct in Every state?

Ron Paul must have this database otherwise how would his "precinct leader" widget work?

I'm sick of waiting around as my offers to HQ and the LPAC are being somewhat ignored. I'm going to build the ultimate Grassroots tool myself. But I need data.

list of every precinct & district in the U.S.
compile information on rules for each state (caucus vs primary). Are delegates unbound? morally bound? legally bound?
create a list of Congressional Candidates that need our help
create a list of all Congressional districts in the entire United States, who the incumbents are, what the demographics are, and where there may be an opportunity to get one of our guys elected
create a list of committee officers in each precinct, how long they've held the position, are they a Ron Paul supporter?
have a delegate verification process to create an area where delegates can strategize
create an area to track endorsements and sympathetic supporters in the academic, political, journalism and entertainment fields.
create a list of all Meetup groups for each state
create a list of local and national grassroots ventures to keep a giant board of ideas flowing (blimp, billboards, media networks, radio, etc.)
create a list of the best videos
create a list of all articles and news articles
create a list of websites and other resources
create a list of books and other suggested reading
create an area that can facilitate an unofficial audit of election results based on our own research, polls, and surveys

kigol
03-07-2008, 09:30 PM
google might be a good start, thats a lot of data.

lucius
03-07-2008, 09:42 PM

Ron Paul must have this database otherwise how would his "precinct leader" widget work?

I'm sick of waiting around as my offers to HQ and the LPAC are being somewhat ignored. I'm going to build the ultimate Grassroots tool myself. But I need data.

compile information on rules for each state (caucus vs primary). Are delegates unbound? morally bound? legally bound?
create a list of all Congressional districts in the entire United States, who the incumbents are, what the demographics are, and where there may be an opportunity to get one of our guys elected
create a list of committee officers in each precinct, how long they've held the position, are they a Ron Paul supporter?
have a delegate verification process to create an area where delegates can strategize
create an area to track endorsements and sympathetic supporters in the academic, political, journalism and entertainment fields.
create a list of local and national grassroots ventures to keep a giant board of ideas flowing (blimp, billboards, media networks, radio, etc.)
create an area that can facilitate an unofficial audit of election results based on our own research, polls, and surveys

Very nice!

ronpaulbillboards
03-07-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm working on a platform to do just that.

Reponere
03-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I thought of the same thing. A constantly updated widget or website that took information from users on where they canvased and a visual map of the areas that needed to be covered. I don't have the know-how to create such software, but having that kind of tool would be epic.

nate895
03-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey, how about a website where each person has a breakdown of every Election District they live in (from the United States, all the way down to their precinct), if we could implement it we could always know who is running and who needs your help, as well as knowing how to win.

I might try to construct one for my state legislature campaign.

pepperpete1
03-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Bumpty bump

jrich4rpaul
03-08-2008, 09:43 PM

This is how we win

kimo
03-08-2008, 09:46 PM

Great!!

ronpaulbillboards
03-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Great!!

Concept is a Web 2.0 non-partisan nexus for activism.

Beta launch coming next week hopefully!

If anyone wants to be invited for the Beta launch, please PM me.

kimo
03-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Concept is a Web 2.0 non-partisan nexus for activism.

Beta launch coming next week hopefully!

If anyone wants to be invited for the Beta launch, please PM me.

Will do. Thanks. Awesome idea and work!

syborius
03-08-2008, 11:31 PM
I would be very cautious in forking over sensitive information about supporters, delegates, names, contact information to truthatlast.
I also would probably not support truthatlast in such a sophisticated information/movement gathering websystem that keeps tabs on everyone that is still very much actively involved in the RP movement.

IMHO.....

smartguy911
03-08-2008, 11:35 PM
well please make it so it can be updated by others (site members) not just admin. So we can all help out and give info.

If you need help, let us know too :-)

syborius
03-08-2008, 11:35 PM

Great to hear, I hope it's a huge success.

TruthAtLast
03-08-2008, 11:46 PM
I would be very cautious in forking over sensitive information about supporters, delegates, names, contact information to truthatlast.
I also would probably not support truthatlast in such a sophisticated information/movement gathering websystem that keeps tabs on everyone that is still very much actively involved in the RP movement.

IMHO.....

lol

you can be involved or not be involved. It makes no difference to me. But I've offered HQ and tried contacting Ron Paul's LPAC to do the work FOR THEM, so THEY would control everything. But they drag their feet or don't respond at all (or have contact emails that bounce). You think I care about keeping "tabs" on people? Give me a break, I have many better things to do and several other businesses to run.

I'd much rather Ron Paul and his team build this thing but it doesn't look like he is going to do it so SOMEONE has to. I get the feeling that Ron Paul is trying to distance himself from the grassroots movement for some reason. Maybe it is a legal or liability issue. Who knows.

I would be more than happy to and would HOPE to get Ron's input and involvement. In fact, I'd be more than happy to form an Advisory board of proven and dedicated Ron Paul supporters and leaders to help manage the whole thing. My goal is just to build the tool and let all of you take it from there. At least my skills and resources could be used in some positive manner to help us prepare for the future.

I'm getting frustrated that the HQ and his LPAC (the site sucks by the way) aren't doing anything. They have money. They talk about the "next phase" and that this "Revolution is a long term project", but they don't build us the tools necessary to push this Movement forward and succeed. This thing should have been built 8 months ago for us and that frustrates me even more.

If you don't trust me, no problem. Contact HQ and Ron Paul and tell him that I'm still waiting for a response and willing to work with him on this. Those boneheads at HQ aren't doing anything and now that the campaign is "winding down" who knows if they will EVER respond.

pepperpete1
03-09-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm getting frustrated that the HQ and his LPAC (the site sucks by the way) aren't doing anything. They have money. They talk about the "next phase" and that this "Revolution is a long term project", but they don't build us the tools necessary to push this Movement forward and succeed. This thing should have been built 8 months ago for us and that frustrates me even more.

I agree, now that it is down to two it would figure that MSM would fudge the numbers to allow JMcC to be crowned the king so that they can continue to leave RP out of their broadcasts.

The campaign should have been buying NATIONAL airtime for effective ads.

Ron Paul needs to get in front of the American people and let them know he is still in the race, that he will see John McCain in St. Paul, MN in September.

I know they are trying to sneak the delegates in the backdoor, but come on, the grassroots that are still out there canvassing door to door and on the phones trying to get votes from people who think they are nuts because the nominee has already been selected...........I can only shake my head. What odds they are facing.

I am still trying to convert the Huckabee and Romney fans and some of the dems. that are not happy with the she and he team out there. I tell them even if RP does not get the nomination they can still vote for him by writing his name in
United States President....Ron Paul

joemiller
03-09-2008, 07:37 AM
lol

you can be involved or not be involved. It makes no difference to me. But I've offered HQ and tried contacting Ron Paul's LPAC to do the work FOR THEM, so THEY would control everything. But they drag their feet or don't respond at all (or have contact emails that bounce). You think I care about keeping "tabs" on people? Give me a break, I have many better things to do and several other businesses to run.

I'd much rather Ron Paul and his team build this thing but it doesn't look like he is going to do it so SOMEONE has to. I get the feeling that Ron Paul is trying to distance himself from the grassroots movement for some reason. Maybe it is a legal or liability issue. Who knows.

I would be more than happy to and would HOPE to get Ron's input and involvement. In fact, I'd be more than happy to form an Advisory board of proven and dedicated Ron Paul supporters and leaders to help manage the whole thing. My goal is just to build the tool and let all of you take it from there. At least my skills and resources could be used in some positive manner to help us prepare for the future.

If you don't trust me, no problem. Contact HQ and Ron Paul and tell him that I'm still waiting for a response and willing to work with him on this. Those boneheads at HQ aren't doing anything and now that the campaign is "winding down" who knows if they will EVER respond.

I haven't checked with the DOE to see Dr. Paul's "Contribution & Expenditure" list, but I would hope when all is said in done, he would invest some of his campaign funds in funding just this kind of web-effort, specifically, at the local precinct level.

joe

the_bee
03-09-2008, 09:05 AM
bumper

pinkmandy
03-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Nice idea, thanks for doing this.

jointhefightforfreedom
03-09-2008, 06:54 PM
bump

scar
03-09-2008, 06:59 PM

much love to you and your quest.

although I can't offer and information for you, im eager to see the end result.

<3

ronpaulbillboards
03-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Not to hijack your thread Truth but here is what you and everybody wants.

BETA launch coming Monday by all accounts

Where do we want to be?

We are a focused group of transformational activists who intend to
build a platform that enables individuals to make an impact in the
world. Our mission is to provide the tools to educate, collaborate
and initiate positive change that will challenge the status quo. The
content of our site is driven by you, this is your tool for hosting
content, building your community and networking with others to
maximize the effect of your actions. We have the opportunity to build
a vast community that can unify and create a beneficial shift in the
social paradigm. So where do we want to be? In a place of
understanding and respect for each other. A place where the
individual has the ability to act according to his or her will
without coercion or aggression from an external authority. It's time
we realize that we have the power, we can effect change, we can take
control of our destiny in life. This is the place we want to be, in a
society of individuals empowered by information and the wisdom to
discern it and make informed decisions to improve themselves thus
improving society.

Harold Gray - The Founder and Chief

Kerry Gray - The Muse

Ben Godwin - The Developer

Features

**Web 2.0 design and engine**
**User driven content; upload your stories, news articles, photos, video and music**
**Over 100 specific wide ranging categories and topics for the activist in you**
**Simple and useful menu system that will allow you to reach your interests in seconds**
**Central location for tools and information about activism and events**
**Independent full featured social networking site similar to myspace**
**Online store with future option to fully customize gear for your issue**
**Monthly Media Club**
**Groups Public\Private**
**Forums**
**Blogs**
**Chat**
**RSS Feeds**
**Continuous updates with new content and features based on user input**
**For the people by the people, strictly independent and not connected to any corporation**

We need motivated people to help fill the vast categories with crucial info.
This forum has some of the most intelligent and created people I have seen so I know the content submitted will be relevant and informative.

To join our BETA launch please send email to jgtteam @ yahoo.com

Thanks for helping to launch this new endeavor!

Harold

Lois
03-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Wow, you guys give me so much "Hope" for the future! :)

Joseph Hart
03-09-2008, 08:07 PM

As a Delegate, precinct leader and avid Revolutionary. How can I help with your project?

RonPaulVolunteer
03-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I had started to work on a site that would list every single elected position in the country, but then I saw someone else doing it, but can't remember where now. So someone needs to to this if it has not been done yet.

raystone
03-09-2008, 08:28 PM
also need to include a step by step instruction guide for how a Ron Paul can become a continuing Liberty educator/sheep converter meetup

Yom
03-09-2008, 08:42 PM
This is a great idea. Keep this up at the top of Grassroots Central (don't sticky) until we get enough programmers to notice it and join in. I'm not so sure that the cooperation with HQ will be that easy, though. I'm not sure how easily they can just give away precinct leader lists (although they did to Murray Sabrin, I think).

nate895
03-09-2008, 09:50 PM
I am thinking this needs a bump.

TruthAtLast
03-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Not to hijack your thread Truth but here is what you and everybody wants.

BETA launch coming Monday by all accounts

Where do we want to be?

We are a focused group of transformational activists who intend to
build a platform that enables individuals to make an impact in the
world. Our mission is to provide the tools to educate, collaborate
and initiate positive change that will challenge the status quo. The
content of our site is driven by you, this is your tool for hosting
content, building your community and networking with others to
maximize the effect of your actions. We have the opportunity to build
a vast community that can unify and create a beneficial shift in the
social paradigm. So where do we want to be? In a place of
understanding and respect for each other. A place where the
individual has the ability to act according to his or her will
without coercion or aggression from an external authority. It's time
we realize that we have the power, we can effect change, we can take
control of our destiny in life. This is the place we want to be, in a
society of individuals empowered by information and the wisdom to
discern it and make informed decisions to improve themselves thus
improving society.

Harold Gray - The Founder and Chief

Kerry Gray - The Muse

Ben Godwin - The Developer

Features

**Web 2.0 design and engine**
**User driven content; upload your stories, news articles, photos, video and music**
**Over 100 specific wide ranging categories and topics for the activist in you**
**Simple and useful menu system that will allow you to reach your interests in seconds**
**Central location for tools and information about activism and events**
**Independent full featured social networking site similar to myspace**
**Online store with future option to fully customize gear for your issue**
**Monthly Media Club**
**Groups Public\Private**
**Forums**
**Blogs**
**Chat**
**RSS Feeds**
**Continuous updates with new content and features based on user input**
**For the people by the people, strictly independent and not connected to any corporation**

We need motivated people to help fill the vast categories with crucial info.
This forum has some of the most intelligent and created people I have seen so I know the content submitted will be relevant and informative.

To join our BETA launch please send email to jgtteam @ yahoo.com

Thanks for helping to launch this new endeavor!

Harold

thanks Harold. not only did you hijack my thread, but you assume that what you are building is what I'm describing.

Yes, your social networking site will be highly valuable and will help the cause, but there are many things missing in this solution. It has forums, blogs, chats, and stores, but it is missing much of the vital information on each precinct, each county, and a database of leaders, including geo-based canvas tracking. Maybe some of the additional elements will be added later. Either way, I'm already developing my project.

ronpaulbillboards
03-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Our site is user driven content so all this can be added in the appropriate categories that we have listed. we have around 130 different categories and what you are talking about can be added into sub-menus for archiving this info in a central location. And if not we can create categories for this. The site is for the people so what ever we can do within our skill set and financial means we will. I'm glad you are doing your own project, all of your info that you create can be mirrored on our site in the proper category location if you choose to use it. Our site is just a tool, it's up to the people how they use it.

spacehabitats
03-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Exactly what we need! The true potential for Web based political activism has barely been scratched. The challenge is harnessing the free flow of information and somehow filtering all of the noise. Anybody who has spent more than ten minutes on this forum can see that.

But your tool goes beyond that and may even take us to the next level of effectiveness.
Thank you for your work and creativity!

wowabunga
03-09-2008, 10:53 PM
**** Swish Swash Thumpa Thumpa Swishhhhhh ****
(the sound of me tossing my hat into the ring too)

Being a "boots on the ground" supporter out working in our neighborhood, I know all too well how there are many many citizens here in Missouri who have yet to hear the mere name of "Ron Paul". Some days I'll greet 10 in a row with zero name recognition. The only solution that makes sense to me is more "boots on the ground" doing what we "grass roots" folks do best... out educating our neighbors.

Have put my own internet automotive parts biz on hold... and have been quietly working on a VERY simple website. Our mission is simple:

"Assemble all of the “tried and true” supporters of the US Constitution into a 2 day state rally focusing on our one and only goal… to educate and awaken our neighbors. The media won’t do it, commercials won’t do it, the inactive members on the Ron Paul meetup group membership rolls won’t do it either… we the awakened must carry the “torch of liberty” to all whom we meet and greet, sharing with them the light of this message.

This week has been a hard week in the "learning department"... but hey... it sure beats watching TV on the couch...!!

My Revolution Resume:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URTvgfnh1pM

american.swan
03-09-2008, 11:06 PM
I like this. We need something like this that will stop focusing on the trivial national campaigns and focus on delegates and local "things people can really do" stuff.

"All Politics is Local"

Book? There are like 15 good threads on this forum that lists books we should read...just search for one.

TruthAtLast
03-09-2008, 11:11 PM
I had started to work on a site that would list every single elected position in the country, but then I saw someone else doing it, but can't remember where now. So someone needs to to this if it has not been done yet.

that would be a great help! If you find it let me know. Because we need to put this info in a database so we can keep it updated, list Ron Paul supporters that could run for office, keep track of when they are up for re-election, how much they won by, whether they are R or D, how much they raised so we can get an idea of what it might take to win.

To be quite honest, there is such a vast amount of data that there is no way I could keep it all updated by myself. But if I build the infrastructure, then I think all of our supporters would be able to keep it running and growing.

wowabunga
03-09-2008, 11:19 PM
The true potential for Web based political activism has barely been scratched. The challenge is harnessing the free flow of information and somehow filtering all of the noise.

Excellant choice of words framing the future.
In other news..... what is the downside risk of making a "web based interaction" the "cornerstone" for which upon all sits upon ?

joemiller
03-10-2008, 06:49 AM
I haven't got time to elaborate on this now, but I am beginning to see more and more of these "Ron Paul" websites being created for a whole lot of different purposes. I cannot believe they are all going to be effective, non-profit, or even authorized.

However, I think Ron Paul should allow these websites to exist for a while, to demonstrate their effectiveness, as long as they "register" with his Liberty PAC and then sometime later, he can pick the one(s) that he believes are the most effective and allow those websites to continue to bear his name and likeness and deny the others the right to use his name or likeness.

joe

Meekus
03-10-2008, 09:00 AM
I haven't got time to elaborate on this now, but I am beginning to see more and more of these "Ron Paul" websites being created for a whole lot of different purposes. I cannot believe they are all going to be effective, non-profit, or even authorized.

However, I think Ron Paul should allow these websites to exist for a while, to demonstrate their effectiveness, as long as they "register" with his Liberty PAC and then sometime later, he can pick the one(s) that he believes are the most effective and allow those websites to continue to bear his name and likeness and deny the others the right to use his name or likeness.

joe

Likewise, I am seeing a great many sites and organizations all trying to gain people and support from RP supporters.

I am very apprehensive. It's hard to distinguish who is trying to simply profit, and who genuinely cares about this. I guess to a degree, it's ok to both genuinely care AND profit. But, my biggest fear is signing up for one of these orgs/sites, perhaps donating money and such, only to find a year later that I was duped in some manner. IE - that the org had some crazy belief in a chicken god, or that the site soon became google ad spamcenters.

I'd feel alot better if it were endorsed by Ron Paul in some fashion.

TruthAtLast
03-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Likewise, I am seeing a great many sites and organizations all trying to gain people and support from RP supporters.

I am very apprehensive. It's hard to distinguish who is trying to simply profit, and who genuinely cares about this. I guess to a degree, it's ok to both genuinely care AND profit. But, my biggest fear is signing up for one of these orgs/sites, perhaps donating money and such, only to find a year later that I was duped in some manner. IE - that the org had some crazy belief in a chicken god, or that the site soon became google ad spamcenters.

I'd feel alot better if it were endorsed by Ron Paul in some fashion.

I'd feel a lot better if this was endorsed by Ron Paul as well. As I've said before, they don't respond to anything. I've offered my services to them FREE OF CHARGE. I've tried contacting the LPAC and both emails bounced. I tried contacting HQ and they don't seem to care. I don't want to create a non-profit or an PAC (though I do think that one should exist of course). My ONLY goal is to just create the tool. I don't want or need anything from this. I don't want a dime. In FACT, I really don't even want to manage the whole thing. I'd rather build it and let our Grassroots people take it over and push it as far as they can take it. If more features are needed, that is probably where my involvement would continue.

Believe me, I'd MUCH rather the HQ be doing this, but they've screwed up everything they've touched. Now I know the feeling of all of the reporters that were looking to do stories on Ron Paul and never got any response.

That is what lead me to do this myself. Because if I don't, it won't ever get done, I guarantee you.

Of course I'm trying to get support from the Grassroots, because all of you are the people that I'm building it for. I don't need a single penny from anyone. I already own the servers and have paid for the bandwidth. I just need feedback and help gathering information (in terms of official rules for each state, lists of candidates, etc.)

More and more people are leaving these forums so I thought it would be best to do what I can to get the idea out there that WE are going to have to do the "next phase" of the Revolution since HQ doesn't seem to have any plans on doing anything.

jenkoolkat
03-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Here in Las VEgas, we got a list of all registered republican voters by precinct from the county I think and our meetup group used the list to go door to door - thats how I canvassed my precinct and I made little noytes next to each name like if they were a Ron Paul supporter.

I would try and get a list from each meetup group of eveyones info. Then you will have a hugh list of a lot of Ron Paul supporters, but not all. We have some RP delegates in in NV that were never a part of the meetup.

My husband has thought of this idea as well but it hards to get the info like you say from the RP Natl camapign. It would be great to get a list of all the people who donated to RP.

A big central MEETUP would be good - we all need a way to stay in touch so when we run candidates, we have supporters identifed to call on.

Maybe you can get a list together that people can sign at the MARCH. Have people with clipboards gather names of everyone ewho wants to be in the NATIONWIDE RP MEETUP group or something.

gregb
03-10-2008, 10:34 AM
I get a little dubious too when I see "competition" to build sites - not that I'm saying that anyone is being competitive but just that what we ought to be striving for is "co-operative".

My idea of an effective "web-tool" is one that is distributed, rather than centralized - I suppose that parallels could be drawn with Ron Paul philosophy. To that end I have been customizing a few projects I've done to uses consistent with a distributed architecture such as I think is needed here.

I have two tools so far available plus a few coming sooner if I get interest or later when I get time. I started a site to put up rudimentary examples at http://opensourceronpaul.com. The two tools there right now are a map and a counter. It isn't apparent on the counter, but the map has a dropdown box and the values come from different websites. If you look at the xml configuration files you'll see entries that configure the applications to use some distributed assets.

The map for example could be put up on 100s of different websites and each one draw the information from wherever the info is available. If you use the text chat/audio/video communication components you could have 5 people at one site and 10 at another and 15 at still another and have all 30 people in distributed "rooms". At the extreme you might have 1000 sites each with 2 people but 2000 people sharing communications tools.

The map takes about 3 minutes to set up - but without data it is pretty well useless. I have layers that can be shown to display towns, roads, geographical features, counties, etc.

So, I agree that what is needed is a place to get data from, where it is perhaps exposed to the public or approved people in xml format, for example.

IM2L844
03-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Our site is user driven content so all this can be added in the appropriate categories that we have listed. we have around 130 different categories and what you are talking about can be added into sub-menus for archiving this info in a central location. And if not we can create categories for this. The site is for the people so what ever we can do within our skill set and financial means we will. I'm glad you are doing your own project, all of your info that you create can be mirrored on our site in the proper category location if you choose to use it. Our site is just a tool, it's up to the people how they use it.
Is this another comercially motivated endeavor available for activists and activism in any field or will it focus on the proliferation and dissemination of Paulitarian ideals in order to advance the new revolution in future political campaigns?

This just sounds like another social networking venue on steroids while Truth's project seems to be of the latter stripe.

I'm just asking...

spacehabitats
03-10-2008, 12:43 PM
bump

ronpaulbillboards
03-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Is this another comercially motivated endeavor available for activists and activism in any field or will it focus on the proliferation and dissemination of Paulitarian ideals in order to advance the new revolution in future political campaigns?

This just sounds like another social networking venue on steroids while Truth's project seems to be of the latter stripe.

I'm just asking...

I don't know what you mean by commercial? We are not a corporation and are 100% independent. This will be a source or resources and tools for all activists, it's an open site. We are not filtering any political or social positions. The goal is to bring everyone together to have a bigger impact for change. That is what made the Ron Paul movement so strong. It brought people from all spectrums together for the cause of liberty. That is our goal with this site, it will be a central locale for all activists projects and central location for info to educate yourself. Everything that Truth is talking about can fit in our site, that's no problem. Our site encompasses more than just a specific idea. We have a domestic politics section on our hub site and it can be broken into smaller categories if needed. On our social site it has the option to form groups so a Ron Paul delegate group can be formed and made private and all info can be stored in there. Our platform is user driven and open source so it's flexible. You will understand more once you see it.

It will be a great tool to promote the upcoming march and other events, which was the original idea a month ago and then changed to the behemoth it is now.