PDA

View Full Version : Washington Post Article

Penners
03-07-2008, 09:12 PM
'THE NEXT PHASE'
Paul Ends His Campaign

Saturday, March 8, 2008; Page A08

Rep. Ron Paul has ended his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, breaking the news in a seven-minute video posted on the campaign Web site Thursday. The Texan, who ran on a libertarian platform and saw an outpouring of financial support via the Internet, tried to soothe anxious supporters by letting them know his "campaign for freedom will continue in this new phase." While his campaign will not formally organize events, he encouraged supporters to continue to work on behalf of a broader movement.

"I don't mind playing a key role in this revolution, but it has to be more than a Ron Paul revolution," he said. "Our job now is to plan for the next phase."

Paul campaign spokesman Jesse Benton confirmed that the video means the candidate recognizes he will not be the nominee.

"Winding down" is how Benton described the next phase of the campaign. "Dr. Paul acknowledges that he will not be the nominee but will continue to travel to address supporters and encourage grass-roots activism to influence the process and return the Republican Party to its traditions of limited government and personal freedom," Benton said.

So, what's this next phase going to look like? A book tour, of course. Paul tells supporters on his video that the message of liberty that suffused his bid for president will soon be available for study at home. "A more detailed outline of this message has now been put into book form, titled 'The Revolution: A Manifesto,' and can be pre-ordered on Amazon.com," he said.

Paul also noted that he would continue to raise money -- something he did better than just about any other Republican during the past year -- for his political action committee and his educational nonprofit, the Foundation for Rational Economics and Education (FREE).

His final words to supporters: "Let us all stick together in this great cause of liberty and show the love that we all share for our country and the Constitution. Thank you for joining in."

-- Matthew Mosk

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Doesn't this belong in bad media? This is the same stuff that's been plastered before.

WolfRaven
03-07-2008, 10:52 PM
why why why do they keep making these articles?? I know he hasn't dropped out, and yet every time I read these articles I feel my heart breaking. *sigh

Cleaner44
03-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Nothing has changed, the revolution continues. We will be at the convention and we will start to gain ground in congress.

peters
03-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Me, I wouldn't call it all bad. Okay, the article sucks. But thanks to it I learned that there is a thing as the Foundation for Rational Economics and Education (FREE) - http://www.free-nefl.com/

And on that website I learned about an old documentary series called "At Issue" featuring RP. It has 13 episodes, one at least is on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4GKG__B-s

You can also order it from the foundation on a VHS. :)

See: you learn something new with every negative article.

JS4Pat
03-08-2008, 03:50 PM
why why why do they keep making these articles?? I know he hasn't dropped out, and yet every time I read these articles I feel my heart breaking. *sigh

Because the fvckin national campaign is so incompetent they can't even put out a CLEAR PRESS RELEASE. :mad:

I don't blame The Washington Post, ABC or CNN. I Blame Ron Paul 2008!

jjank11
03-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Well actually, you should be blaming all the people. Sure, we could use a more centralized campaign but that was never the idea. The idea was to get the people involved and let it be run by the people which worked to an extent. Unfortunately today many people tend to be complacent about the pure hypocrisy that is our federal government. But i guess the thing is that they have all been brainwashed that they need to be taken care of by the federal government from cradel to grave. People don't assume any responsibility for themselves anymore.

I'm really excited to see so many people standing up for our rights. I do not remember a better candidate for president than Ron Paul.

Where can i watch the "At Issue" series without having to pay $1000. That is simply too expensive. First it should be cheaper and secondly it should be put into DVD format. It would simply reach more people if those two things were to occur.