PDA

View Full Version : Stealing Ron Paul's lines

shadowhooch
08-17-2007, 07:16 AM
This thread is for every case you see another candidate steal a line from Ron Paul.

ABC Article on Fred Thompson today and his back and forth views on abortion:
Here is a quote from his campaign:

"(b)eyond that, Senator Thompson has said that the federal government should not be involved in the issue of abortion. He does not believe that early term-abortions should be criminalized. He feels instead that this is a battle that must be won in the hearts and minds of the American people."

Except for the early term abortion sentence, I think he stole that quote word for word from Ron Paul.:mad:

Huckabee has been stealing lines as well. As the Olsen twins would say, "How rude."
I hope people see through it.

bc2208
08-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Lol the Olson twins. I think they'd be more likely to say "pass the blow" than anything else.

But yea thompson is a terrible candidate.

CodeMonkey
08-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Please don't take offense, but unless you have a copy of Ron Paul's quote which was stolen or else some evidence that a candidate has changed their stance to align more with Ron Paul's, this isn't really noteworthy. It is entirely possible for another candidate to share Ron Paul's views on some issues.

micahnelson
08-17-2007, 07:25 AM
Actually it was Stephanie Tanner that said "How Rude", oddly enough that line was stolen by the olsen twins :eek:

Kuldebar
08-17-2007, 08:09 AM
There will be a lot of rhetoric shifting by the "professional political" candidates. Ron Paul, of course will stay on message.

Triangulation, posturing and covert flip flopping are bound to occur when an opponent's positions start to define the race.

Trance Dance Master
08-17-2007, 08:21 AM
That's to internet media, it's a lot easier to call these flip-floppers on their conniving effectively.

BizmanUSA
08-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Goes to show that RON PAUL is converting the message of the other so-called Republican candidates - too bad it is only lip service just to downplay RP and what he and we stand for!

On the other hand it is a starting point where we can start a spreadsheet of who stole what from RP and when. Bet the list gets longer and longer the more we take a bite of the candidates MSM poll position. :D

BizmanUSA