PDA

View Full Version : Operation Μολὼν λαβέ - Major Fundraising Drive

KingTheoden
05-25-2007, 06:47 AM
For Ron Paul to be a serious contender, he is going to have to raise significant capital resources. Thus far our efforts have served us very well through the Internet and though we should step up such activities, we must make a firm push to get Ron Paul the funding he will need. I propose that we all do what we can to encourage a total of 5 000 people to contribute the maximum individual amount of $2 300. If 5 000 were to do so, that would be over $11 million and such an amount would prevent the media from marginalizing him.

By this week's end, I will have sent the maximum amount; I am just as much a part of this effort as anyone else. Of course not everyone will be able to make such a contribution but I would strongly encourage everyone to seek out supporters of such funding caliber.

Even in the beginning of the month, I was very negative and felt that there was little hope for returning our country to a Constitutional Republic. I was wrong. The excitement that Ron Paul has sparked is tantamount to a real grassroots revolution; in his corner are people from all political types who know that he is, unlike the rest of the candidates, authentic.

CurtisLow
05-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Great! I donated cash, $25.00 I don't have a lot of money. But I spend 4 to 6 hours a day posting up on sites about Ron. So I say to all of you on a low budget , If you don't have a lot of cash there are a lot of other ways you can make up the difference like getting the word out in your community, Posting up on the net, Voting online Polls, Rating Ron's Youtube videos and leaving remarks.

If you do have the cash like King said (above) that's great! Ron's camp needs all the help it can get.

Thanks KingTheoden for the large donation! Anyone that has it $$$ follow Kings lead.

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/4134/clappingti7.gif

mdh
05-25-2007, 10:27 AM
If you count my time as being worth my pre-tax gross income per hour, I've donated over $5,000 in time to supporting the campaign. :)

Bryan
05-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Welcome to the forum- thanks for your post and helping to strengthen the winds of freedom by restoring our Constitutional Republic.

While we are each at different stages in life with different opportunities to contribute and having to deal with the reality of actually *needing* to part with hard earned-heavily taxed money, I think it's important to view this as an investment in our future if nothing else. I do hope that everyone can see this campaign is going some place so donations will make a difference.

Understandably not everyone can put the $2300 up front but that's no reason to not set a plan to donate. Another method is to pledge to donate a fixed amount every month, it will add up.

KingTheoden- your full pledge is a true testament to the human spirits desire for freedom and should be an inspiration to us all.

Maybe we should want a "Take Action" sub-forum dedicated to fund raising.

BTW, thanks for the education on "Μολὼν λαβέ" (I had to google it). At first glance I thought it was corrupt data. :) Anything but.

cheeser
05-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Why don't a bunch of Ron Paul supporters with little cash have an Internet garage sale ?

I'm sure some people in the UK and Canada would love to support those who support RP!

Razmear
05-25-2007, 11:23 AM
What are the options for people who have already contributed the $2300 maximum?

Not that I expect myself to be in that position anytime soon, but couldn't they start an independent "Citizens For Hope In America" style .org and run their own ads so long as they state they are not paid for by the campaign?

eb

DrStrabismus
05-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molon_labe

Also a novel, sounds excellent, but I haven't read it:
http://www.amazon.com/Molon-Labe-Come-Take-Them/dp/1888766077/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-1324409-6749714?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180113807&sr=8-1

Sojourner
05-26-2007, 01:08 AM

Not that I expect myself to be in that position anytime soon, but couldn't they start an independent "Citizens For Hope In America" style .org and run their own ads so long as they state they are not paid for by the campaign?

eb

You don't have to join any 'organization' to make a huge impact, you must only need to be creative and highly motivated.

Think: "I'm a grassroots guerilla."

How to Reach 100,000 People for under $1.00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8abqbk8ex9E

Making decent quality banners for about $3/each out of Tyvek -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiQjx3dU72Q

Also, you can distribute bumper stickers far and wide which you acquire in wholesale lots. I am working on making wholesale lots of quality, professionally made two color over white vinyl Ron Paul bumper stickers available for around $200/1,000.

libertygrl
05-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the forums. One thing I heard someone do to raise $ was to sell stuff on ebay. I thought that was a brilliant idea.

Bradley in DC
05-26-2007, 04:24 PM

eb

I'm more than half-way to the limit and hope to be able to max out this summer. The $2300 maximum refers to the primary race. Donors can then donate to the general election campaign fund (I don't think one has been set up yet for Dr. Paul--Rudy McRomney have theirs already) which can be used in some ways for the primary race.

EVERYONE should contribute SOMETHING. Thousands of five and ten dollar donation not only add up but demonstrate a broader number of dedicated supporters--this is what we need to show to be considered in the top tier.

Bro.Butch
06-27-2007, 11:09 AM
The nation is watching !?! To see what happens during the second quarter !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The great college football coach Paul W. "BEAR" Bryant said the last five minutes of the second quarter and the first five minutes of the third quarter are the most important part of the game... Fellow RP supporters we are in the final 5 minutes of the second quarter. Will you step up and be a STAR of our game ?

Please DONATE from $5 to $2300 to the campaign. To make your donations the most effective nationally, please do so before June 30. That is the final date of the second quarter for F.E.C. reporting. With a good showing in the money race the media will have to pay attention. The M & Ms of politics are important.

MORE MONEY MEANS MORE MEDIA, MORE MEDIA MEANS MORE MONEY !!!

Any amount can help, yes even $5, $10, $25, $100 adds up, some of you can afford the $2300, will you make a real difference TODAY?

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Donate Now to Dr. Paul's Campaign

If you prefer, you can also send contributions by snailmail to the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign...

Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee
837 W. Plantation Dr.
Clute, TX 77531
Make Checks/Money Orders Payable to: "Ron Paul 2008 PCC"
don't forget to include your occupation & employers name (fed.law)

You need to send snailmail today if you want it to reach them by June 30.

Remember, every penny you send will be used to help preserve our future freedom and all future generations !!! Dr. Paul is delivering the message to the masses, let's help him continue the struggle with our donations, THX

torchbearer
06-27-2007, 12:09 PM

eb

Someone could start a 527 to do pro-ron paul ads... and if you've capped out donating to the campaign, you can donate unlimited to the 527.

Dan Klaus
06-28-2007, 01:16 PM
BTW, thanks for the education on "Μολὼν λαβέ" (I had to google it). At first glance I thought it was corrupt data. Anything but.

COOL!!!

in English "come and take it" implies that the enemy might not win the struggle—the outcome is uncertain; in Greek, the implication is that the outcome is certain—"after you have come here and defeated me, then it will be yours to take."

Molon labe has been repeated by many later generals and politicians in order to express an army's or nation's determination to not surrender without a battle. The motto ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ is on the emblem of the Greek First Army Corps,[3] and is also the unofficial motto of United States Special Operations Command Central Command (SOCCENT)[citation needed].

The phrase "Come and take it" was written on the personal flag of the Texan Revolutionaries at the Battle of Gonzales during the Texas War of Independence. It referred to the cannon that the citizens of Gonzales refused to turn over to General Antonio López de Santa Anna.

TrybalRage
06-28-2007, 07:06 PM
The pro-gun crowd embraces the phrase, unfortunately, many of them seem to see Paul as 'unelectable' :mad: even though he is the most pro-gun candidate running.