PDA

View Full Version : Montana is awesome!

hopeforamerica
03-07-2008, 08:22 PM
The Govener is standing up against the real ID. listen to this interview on NPR.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Find-Freedom.htm?At=031012

nate895
03-07-2008, 10:01 PM
They may secede if the USSC upholds the DC handgun ban.

03-07-2008, 10:06 PM
The West loves its freedom.

nullvalu
03-07-2008, 10:07 PM
I like this guy, wish more governors were like him!

EastWindRain
03-07-2008, 10:20 PM
The Montana Governor sounds like a good guy. :)

GOVERNOR BRIAN SCHWEITZER

http://www.idaho-democrats.org/ht/action/GetImageAction/i/706649

qh4dotcom
03-07-2008, 10:22 PM
The Montana Governor sounds like a good guy. :)

Maybe that's why Ron Paul got 2nd place there

kirkblitz
03-07-2008, 10:24 PM
our governor in SC along with the Montana governor and 2 more are the only ones in the country to have NOT requested an extension on the real id before march 30th as required, i am proud of Sanford and i hope he sticks to his guns!

nate895
03-07-2008, 10:26 PM
our governor in SC along with the Montana governor and 2 more are the only ones in the country to have NOT requested an extension on the real id before march 30th as required, i am proud of Sanford and i hope he sticks to his guns!

I think South Carolina should nullify the law given their tradition.

Richie
03-07-2008, 10:36 PM
The governor of Montana is awesome. According to Wikipedia, he expressed a desire to call all National Guard from Iraq to help in local efforts.

Live Free or Die
03-07-2008, 10:47 PM
"We tell 'em to go to hell."

LOL! Awesome, Gov. Schweitzer! Please call NH Gov. Lynch and tell him how to handle it. Lynch hasn't ruled out filing for that extension, and that scares me.

kirkblitz
03-07-2008, 11:01 PM
just listened to that interview, he is the man lol

gb13
03-07-2008, 11:16 PM
That guy rocks.

syborius
03-08-2008, 12:34 AM
wow! haha...Someone should play that interview on hardball, national TV. A real American with real Straight Talk. Americans are starved to hear people like this on the national level, other than the insane bullcrap the MSM feeds us from DC every night.

Rhys
03-08-2008, 12:38 AM
someone posted a picture of Montana on these forums once, and I've been dreaming of it ever since.

Live Free or Die
03-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Gov. Schweitzer's bio page on the Montana state website:
http://governor.mt.gov/governor/govbio.asp

Would be nice if people clicked that Send Comments (http://governor.mt.gov/contact/commentform.asp) link on the left and thanked him for his awesome stance on REAL ID in that NPR interview. I did. :)

TrueFreedom
03-08-2008, 01:52 AM
That dude kicks ass. Makes me want to move to Montana.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-08-2008, 02:09 AM
Gov. Schweitzer's bio page on the Montana state website:
http://governor.mt.gov/governor/govbio.asp

Would be nice if people clicked that Send Comments (http://governor.mt.gov/contact/commentform.asp) link on the left and thanked him for his awesome stance on REAL ID in that NPR interview. I did. :)

Me too!!! Maybe I'll move to Montana!

jarofclay
03-08-2008, 02:38 AM
Our (Montana) governor is horrible. He has systematically raised government spending by 40% since he came into office

40%.

40%.

40%.

He has hired over 1200 new government employees.

I'm sorry, but any idiot with his head not shoved up his ass can figure out that RealID is retarded. That does not make him a good governor.

http://montanarevolution.org

ForLiberty-RonPaul
03-08-2008, 03:13 AM
well that sucks

kirkblitz
03-08-2008, 03:42 AM
still a great interview though

berrybunches
03-08-2008, 03:42 AM
Our (Montana) governor is horrible. He has systematically raised government spending by 40% since he came into office

40%.

40%.

40%.

He has hired over 1200 new government employees.

I'm sorry, but any idiot with his head not shoved up his ass can figure out that RealID is retarded. That does not make him a good governor.

http://montanarevolution.org

An idiot can figure it out but most let themselves be bought and sold over issues like this while your governor is holding ground and setting an example.
I have heard how free Montana is. Do you really have slot machines in gas stations???? Gambling is outlawed here in Ohio (besides the state lottery, hypocrites)
My husband and I plan to move in the next couple years, we were thinking of Montana for many reasons...its beautiful, it has a small police force, little crime, few restrictions on anything, and a dislike for the federal government butting in. Is this all true for the most part?

Meatwasp
03-08-2008, 06:43 AM
I read his profile and was disappointed. Has used government for all his projects.

FSP-Rebel
03-08-2008, 10:08 AM
NH Governor Lynch discusses Real ID. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEgi1Pu6bIQ&eurl=http://freestateproject.org/

jarofclay
03-08-2008, 11:15 AM
An idiot can figure it out but most let themselves be bought and sold over issues like this while your governor is holding ground and setting an example.
I have heard how free Montana is. Do you really have slot machines in gas stations???? Gambling is outlawed here in Ohio (besides the state lottery, hypocrites)
My husband and I plan to move in the next couple years, we were thinking of Montana for many reasons...its beautiful, it has a small police force, little crime, few restrictions on anything, and a dislike for the federal government butting in. Is this all true for the most part?

Yes, he is holding ground because that is how it is in Montana. We should really be called the "Leave me alone state". I know I don't speak for anyone except myself, but our big-government spending governor will be replaced by a fiscally conservative limited government governor who will also stand up against the RealID.

http://www.montana-sucks.com/

me3
03-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Yes, he is holding ground because that is how it is in Montana. We should really be called the "Leave me alone state". I know I don't speak for anyone except myself, but our big-government spending governor will be replaced by a fiscally conservative limited government governor who will also stand up against the RealID.
I'm not talking about compromising and compromising, but please don't be the enemy of the good because you are a hero of the perfect.

A politician like this, is one that RP would have no problem working with on a single issue, even if they disagree on others.

We're not going to change anything by holding every politician to a perfect standard. Maybe that's the goal, but it's a lousy starting point.

The enemies of freedom are happy to co-opt anyone, on any issue that is compatible with their ideology. Because, they see where they are going, and they are willing to take time and small steps to get there.

I don't care how people will justify it, RP has made some compromises on earmarks (yes, I have argued many times to defend him) and that is probably in some way necessary to keep him in office, fighting for so many other issues.

Take the good, and work on the bad.

Spirit of '76
03-08-2008, 11:25 AM
We were so close to passing an anti-Real ID bill here in WV.

It passed the State Senate quite easily, but one member of the House of Delegates is responsible for trapping it in committee.

Here's a message I received about it:

This bill was stalled in the House Roads and
Transportation Committee by the Committee Chair
Lidella Hrutkay.

http://www.legis.state.wv.us/House/Members/delegatesinfo.cfm?input=Delegate%20Hrutkay

She is very proud to have killed this bill and denied
the written request that I hand delivered to her for a
public hearing on the matter as per House Rule 84.
We need to make sure the voters of district 19 are
aware that this Delegate proudly killed this bill and
that they can thank her for their loss of freedom, the
huge increase in drivers license fees and taxes when
West Virginia implements Real ID and for her proudly
refusing to live up to her oath of office to protect
the U.S. Constitution that Real ID is directly in
conflict with.

We are now working with Senator Barnes, who introduced
the bill to set up a meeting with the Governor and a
protest over the issue, perhaps as early as next
Friday (03-14-08). I will keep you all abreast of the
status of this meeting/protest as it develops. We
will need as many warm bodies to show up as we can get
for this to help anything. Please spread and forward
far and wide.
Help us stop Real ID in this state and nationwide. We
can't do it without your help.

Feel free to contact Mrs. Hrutkay's office and let her know what a disservice she is doing to the people of WV. :)

jarofclay
03-08-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm not talking about compromising and compromising, but please don't be the enemy of the good because you are a hero of the perfect.

A politician like this, is one that RP would have no problem working with on a single issue, even if they disagree on others.

We're not going to change anything by holding every politician to a perfect standard. Maybe that's the goal, but it's a lousy starting point.

The enemies of freedom are happy to co-opt anyone, on any issue that is compatible with their ideology. Because, they see where they are going, and they are willing to take time and small steps to get there.

I don't care how people will justify it, RP has made some compromises on earmarks (yes, I have argued many times to defend him) and that is probably in some way necessary to keep him in office, fighting for so many other issues.

Take the good, and work on the bad.

I totally agree with you. We have embraced many state senators who openly voted for Romney only because they will work towards more freedom policies at this time.

The problem with Schweitzer is he is running our state into the ground as far as taxes go. He can't be allowed to give us "candy" in the front door while taking our bread out through the backdoor. I can agree with him on the RealID and many do, but he should not be touted as this great governor by any stretch of the imagination.

Meekus
03-08-2008, 11:39 AM
h ttp://digg.com/politics/Montana_Governor_Feds_go_to_hell_with_your_Real_ID

Dugg! The more people that see this.. the better.

RevolutionSD
03-08-2008, 11:56 AM
He's still a politician. 99% are scumbag collectivists. Ron Paul is a diamond in the rough. This guy doesn't want the Real ID, so what? He still enforces taxation (theft) right? Why is he a good guy just because he opposes nazism? Chavez down in Venezuela is a dictator but opposes the U.S. Empire, does that make him our friend??? :confused:

Matthew P.
03-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I am glad that you found this and shared it. This reminds me of Bush's temper when his bill for illegal wiretapping didn't pass last month. He was almost in tears, from anger and frustration! Good night! What is his problem? He kept saying 'don't the Americans want us to keep them safe?' This is what we have to do, they just don't realize how endangered they are and we need to protect them.

This REAL ID is the same thing. Reject this at all costs! We passed a resolution at our precinct level to reject this. Then, we successfully defended it at our Senate District Convention and plan to fight it all the way to the capitol.

If each of you do this in all states, then Congress will be forced to rescind this. The government says that states have the right to deny this bill but that will only be a temporary fix. You see, if you don't have the Federal ID, you can choose not to take it, lawfully (for now), but the consequences are still the same - you can't fly.

So, what if all the states refuse it and demand that Congress and the Senate rescind this ridiculous, illegal, unconstitutional bill? Then they have no choice but to listen to the people - that is after all, their job - TO LISTEN and act accordingly, not however they please!

Get active and stop this thing. Don't trust your politicians to make the right decision for you. They won't unless you badger them incessantly!

berrybunches
03-08-2008, 05:19 PM
We are all spoiled with Ron Paul. Not only our his policies awesome he is so honest and principled.

I just emailed my governor, my congressman and my Senator about REAL Id. I think everyone needs to do this and mention how great it is that Montana is standing up for their citizens.

puppetmaster
03-08-2008, 05:31 PM

I think Sanford is on the short list for Mcinsanes VP slot...so don't be too proud of him yet.
I used to live there...the south is not what it used to be..
:(

nate895
03-08-2008, 05:36 PM
I think Sanford is on the short list for Mcinsanes VP slot...so don't be too proud of him yet.
I used to live there...the south is not what it used to be..
:(

He can't help that.

kirkblitz
03-08-2008, 06:01 PM
sanford is awesome and i hope he doesnt take a VP from mccain, he has said in the past he wont run another election though so maybe he wont take the VP. I agree about the south comment, it seems where i live there are more northerners now who are 75+ riding around in their golf carts then locals left :(

aknappjr
03-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I sent the govenor $10. First time ever contributing to a democrat. I don't know about his other issues, but he's dead-right on the Real ID. He even gave a shoutout to the Constitution.

Paul Revered
03-08-2008, 08:52 PM
The Govener is standing up against the real ID. listen to this interview on NPR.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Find-Freedom.htm?At=031012

I posted this on MySpace.