PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Is he in or out?

RonPaulFever
03-07-2008, 08:05 PM
If he's going to drop out, he needs to say the words. Instead we get cryptic video messages, a missing donation ticker and conflicting reports from different sources.

I've put a lot of time and money into this campaign as you all have, and I don't like being played.

TER
03-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Be cool, Daniel-son. ;)

fedup100
03-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Ain't it a bitch to have to wonder. Where I come from we admire a man that means what he says and says what he means.......all the rest are "limp wrists". The messages from Paul and HQ's for the last 2 months is "limp wrists" at its best.:mad:

Penners
03-07-2008, 08:11 PM
RPF that is something I think we all want to know. The ongoing silence in the aftermath of last night's video is incomprehensible.

JK/SEA
03-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Well, as far as i'm concerned he's still in it per his last 'real' statement on this.

If you all want to buy into the MSM reports, do so at your own risk. Until Ron comes out in front of a mic and say's ''Thats it, thankyou all very much''...will i then get on that horse and ride out of town.

Revolutn
03-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Indeed.

The silence is intolerable, basically everything from the "Official" Campaign has been INTOLERABLE since ..... well.....some would say since the beginning, but as one who was in on the ground floor (late comer to THIS forum though) I'd say since about January.

I was sorely disappointed with the lack of real campaign progress going into Super Tuesday and it's been even more anemic post ST.

I've thought about it so much I am positive I know the root causes now, but to say so would probably to be roundly denounced by people who otherwise should be my brethren.

LukeNM
03-07-2008, 08:29 PM
IN!

ronpaulhawaii
03-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Ain't it a bitch to have to wonder. Where I come from we admire a man that means what he says and says what he means.......all the rest are "limp wrists". The messages from Paul and HQ's for the last 2 months is "limp wrists" at its best.:mad:

I mean this 100%, I don't trust you, at all.

That said, RP has not dropped out and anyone who believes the MSM at this point...

The video is basically the same as the 2/5 one. When I talked to RP last Sat he was looking forward to continuing the r3VOLution and mentioned the remaining states...

Work hard - Make friends - Make History

Dare to Win!!!

kirkblitz
03-07-2008, 08:49 PM
monday on cnn american morning hes going to clarify it

RSLudlum
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Is he or isn't he??? Why are we asking this question? The question should be: are YOU still in it? If he's still in the race, so be it and I'm glad he is, but as for me this thing doesn't stop with a simple statement by the media or for that matter Dr. Paul!

edirb
03-07-2008, 09:28 PM
If Ron Paul drops out he will say he is out, he is just saying the odds are very much against us, The campaign organizer in my state assured me he is not out.
Don't panic, GET THOSE DELIGATE SEATS!!, hold the lines, no surrender, no deserters.
Other candidate deligates are showing signs of loosing interest in going all the way to the state and national assemblies ,since they think McCain has it clinched, stick with the plan its working.

Rangeley
03-07-2008, 09:31 PM
The video does not say he is dropping out, instead saying that we should work towards getting as many delegates and votes as possible in the coming primaries.
http://strictconstruct.com/2008/03/06/ron-paul-not-dropping-out/

JS4Pat
03-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Well, as far as i'm concerned he's still in it per his last 'real' statement on this.

If you all want to buy into the MSM reports, do so at your own risk. Until Ron comes out in front of a mic and say's ''Thats it, thankyou all very much''...will i then get on that horse and ride out of town.

Ahhhh - then why would he make the statement that his presidential campaign is winding down before the primaries are finished and 7 MONTHS BEFORE THE CONVENTION????

This is beyond ridiculous.

I am more than willing to move onto the next phase of the r[evol]ution - but how about a little STRAIGHT TALK from Ron Paul???

zach
03-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Go here.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=127207

:D

Penners
03-07-2008, 09:42 PM
monday on cnn american morning hes going to clarify it

MONDAY? Great so we have all weekend to stew over the media statements. Irregardless I'll be nominating and voting for our RP delegates to the RNC tomorrow. Although it seems to be a mute point now.

TER
03-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Ron Paul is playing his hand very well right now. He is now allowing the message to win this campaign. In other words, he is giving the reigns over to us, the people, to spread the revolution. Truly, an amazing strategy given the media blackout and multiple hurdles put before him in the past year. Wish we all could have his patience...

nate895
03-07-2008, 10:13 PM
MONDAY? Great so we have all weekend to stew over the media statements. Irregardless I'll be nominating and voting for our RP delegates to the RNC tomorrow. Although it seems to be a mute point now.

NVM

alaric
03-07-2008, 10:17 PM
----- Original Message -----
To: Undisclosed- Recipient: ;
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 10:21 PM
Subject: [RonPaulforPresiden t] RP FORWARD TEXAS UPDATE DO NOT LISTEN TO THE MSM

From the horse's mouth, Ron Paul IS IN THE RACE TO THE END
Posted March 7th, 2008 by dodobogo

I am posting this Mar. 6, 2008. My name is Bruce Bolock and I live in Lake Jackson, Texas. I have been a dedicated Ron Paul supporter and campaigner for more than 11 years.

I am writing this on my wife's computer. With three other dedicated supporter's of Dr. Paul we met Sunday, March 2, 2008 for approximately 1 hour. Dr. Paul stated he is looking forward to campaigning in Pennsylvania (his birth state), North Carolina, and other primary states as the primary season winds down. He will enthusiatically go anywhere he is asked. He is in it as long as the funding continues to come in.

Immediately before writing this I had a discussion with Carol Paul to confirm my understanding. Carol validated our understanding of the Sunday conversation. Earlier she had discussed this over the phone with Ron.

We have an excellent opportunity before us. Let's not blow it!!!Those voters for McCain will now NOT turn out to vote as they see it unnecessary to go vote (based on the false, misleading information from the MSM). Or, they may switch over to vote against Hillary or Obama. The Ron Paul supporters can win the popular vote in these primaries and win the delegates. There is no other viable choice. It would be wise for the supporters of Ron Paul to continue to contribute to the campaign so that Ron can ride tihis all the way to the national convention.

I am involved here and I am a delegate to the state senatorial convention. John McCain currently has ZERO committed delegates from Texas. That's right---ZERO! !! The MSM has told you he has won the convention based on the delegates he won in Texas. Let me repeat, John McCain currently has ZERO delegates from Texas. We have the state senatorial convention and the Texas State convention to determine the delegates to go to the National Convention. They quite well may all be Ron Paul delegates.

Hence, we the supporters of Ron Paul need to cease and desist sending out these false rumors! They don't help Ron, they demoralize his supporters. Please stop this nonsense, this only helps the establishment further control us. The establishment fears Ron Paul and a brokered convention. Don't help them destroy this great opportunity,

DoRunRon":cool:

ninepointfive
03-07-2008, 10:17 PM
The video does not say he is dropping out, instead saying that we should work towards getting as many delegates and votes as possible in the coming primaries.
http://strictconstruct.com/2008/03/06/ron-paul-not-dropping-out/

exactly!

phree
03-07-2008, 10:30 PM
I must be confused. Earlier tonight I saw either CNN, MSNBC, or Fox run a quick segment saying Dr. Paul was ending his campaign. They went as far as showing a video clip of RP being interviewed, but the audio wasn't up, the reporters were talking.

Did anyone else see it?

constitutional
03-07-2008, 10:33 PM
The media is outright lying: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/07/AR2008030703061.html

BULLSHIT. HE NEVER SAID HE IS DROPPING OUT IN THE VIDEO.

And FUCK YOU GOOGLE NEWS.

Edu
03-07-2008, 11:39 PM
They had all day to update the main web page to say "He's not out" or whatever.

HQ - WTF???? WTF????????????

Edit: And he's not out. He could sit and do nothing and still win, you never know what might happen, it's POLITICS!

Matthew P.
03-08-2008, 12:12 AM
How do you interpret "we still need to get as many delegates as possible secured to the national convention?" That doesn't sound like a man who's dropped out.

Remember - Abraham Lincoln came to the GOP national convention with two (count 'em - 2!) delegates and won the presidency! (by the way - if that's all it takes to win initially then we are definitely in because I'm a delegate and so is my wife!)

It's not over yet.;)

alaric
03-08-2008, 12:28 AM
I must be confused. Earlier tonight I saw either CNN, MSNBC, or Fox run a quick segment saying Dr. Paul was ending his campaign. They went as far as showing a video clip of RP being interviewed, but the audio wasn't up, the reporters were talking.

Did anyone else see it?

my daughter saw it. must have been a montage made to look like what they want

chelu
03-08-2008, 12:30 AM
the message of the video was what should already have been known by now. sure we may not get ron paul the nomination for 2008, but that is only a small step in undoing over 100 years of anti-liberty policies, which will be a "long-project". yea we may not win in the "conventional" sense, but you would lose all credibility to say the Ron Paul campaign and its grassroots had no effect and no accomplishments. we need to keep working towards the long-term goal of Constitutional government, and that's going to take self-education along with educating the masses, and the FREE foundation/Liberty PAC will be just some of the ways we will begin to do that. But with just a handful of states remaining, Dr. Paul see no reason to "drop out". By winding down his campaign, what he's telling us is there is nothing really left for the National campaign to do anymore. It's all up to the grassroots to GOTV, caucus, and maximize our full potential so that we will have a coalition in St. Paul that cannot be ignored and to send a message to the rest of the GOP. Also consider that the nomination will not be official for more than half a year! This is why we need to continue what those in many parts of the country are doing, and that is picking up delegates to the county, then state, then national conventions.

All of us know the seriousness of the times we live in, so the opportunity is there with this perfect storm of decades-worth of policy failures. The point of the message was that hey it may feel like the end and all hope is gone, but realize that this is only the beginning of something grand, and we need to remain dedicated to seeing that our goal is reached.

JAHOGS
03-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Well we got Jessie Benton saying he is dropping out now.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/07/ron.paul/index.html

Edu
03-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Well we got Jessie Benton saying he is dropping out now.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/07/ron.paul/index.htmlHe's fired.

Akus
03-08-2008, 12:48 AM
If he's going to drop out, he needs to say the words. Instead we get cryptic video messages, a missing donation ticker and conflicting reports from different sources.

I've put a lot of time and money into this campaign as you all have, and I don't like being played.

he is not dropping out, he's just chosen a bad verbiage and a bad timing to make this vid.

Akus
03-08-2008, 12:49 AM
He's fired.

Is he?
Seriously?

Oh please tell me those pimply teenagers who are running the national campaign got something right?:o

Expatriate
03-08-2008, 12:52 AM
How does him saying that he will stay in the race and fight to the end imply to you that he dropped out? The BS-artist state-controlled media said that. Don't trust anything you hear from them, they have no credibility any more. What is this, like the tenth time they have implied that RP dropped out? "This just in - Ron Paul has REALLY dropped out now" Yeah, right.

Let's get one thing straight: Ron Paul himself said that this revolution is not about him, it is about YOU. Even if he was somehow blackmailed, dropped out today and said that he recants all his former beliefs and wants everyone to forget about the message, I and many other patriots would continue to carry the stars and bars for liberty.

Ron Paul, in his own words, has flaws but the message does not. That is why he has no interest in a cult of personality. His message is the same message that brought the greatest country in the world into existence. The philosophy of freedom and individualism is the only choice we have if we wish to save our children from the greed and lust for power that is inherent to humanity.

Edu
03-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Ron Paul is not out, he's not done yet, view the 7 min video for yourself instead of submitting to the MSM lies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_vVaZxTno

Vet_from_cali
03-08-2008, 02:37 AM
he's in it to win it!

alllll the way to the convention!

devil21
03-08-2008, 03:12 AM
He's still in.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/793/story/207457.html

"Despite reports indicating otherwise, the Texas Republican is not ending his long-shot campaign for presidency, Paul’s top spokesman said Friday.

“Dropping out is not accurate,”said Jesse Benton, Paul’s presidential campaign spokesman, by phone."

I won't rip into Benton again. Feel free to have your fun though.

Edu
03-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Is he?
Seriously?

Oh please tell me those pimply teenagers who are running the national campaign got something right?:o

"Benton said Paul acknowledges he won’t be this country’s next president and that Sen. John McCain secured the party’s nomination."
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/793/story/207457.html

Yup, it's pretty clear, he's fired!

SteveMartin
03-08-2008, 09:21 AM

You get that from limp-wristed people who are only in it for a couple of agendas...

There will be a pretty sad epitaph to this race if RP doesn't do something soon.

Edu
03-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Rand Paul: The press is reporting that Ron Paul has quit the race. This is not true.
by Rand Paul MD (Ron Paul's Son) | March 8, 2008
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=127338
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/41819

Tell the MSM, call talk radio, here's a live updated list of shows across America:
http://www.calltalkradioforron.com/

Thunderbolt
03-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, if he is still in it, then he has some big explaining to do. You don't put out a video that makes the whole think you have quit, again, (after that earlier letter when it looked like he quit then), and then try to blame it on the media for not understanding.

This cat and mouse kind of communication is unfair to his supporters and shows a real lack of character as far as I am concerned.

People have a choice to work for a losing cause or move on to other things. This message is just stringing them along, keeping one foot in the race, a race that cannot be won, while hoping to keep people in the Revolution.

I would respect him more if he would just quit already - stop asking for money - and give some guidance for once to the grassroots. This nonsense about it up to the grassroots to run themselves is useless. No one knows what to do, we all need some guidance.

I am tired of being, what was that word, played? Well, I am sick of it too. Every human out there thinks Ron Paul quit ages ago with that concession letter he sent out earlier and then it turned out he didn't mean it. Meanwhile, several states were lost that we had a chance of winning because of that letter. I was furious then, and now, I am fed up.

He reminds me of vendors in Grand Central Station who have had huge Going out of Business signs for the past 32 years as a marketing ploy. Well, I am tired of it all.

Oh, I will still support libertarians, libertarianism and anyone else who spreads the message of liberty. Hopefully, one day we will have a candidate who wants to win and who will harness all of the momentum that has been gathered. I sure wish Harry Browne were still alive.

Take care all. Nice to have met you.

Tbolt.

kigol
03-08-2008, 03:54 PM
hmmmm

Matthew P.
03-08-2008, 06:22 PM
When you've got garbage like this (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/07/AR2008030703061.html) from the MSM it sends confusing messages to the sheeple. From the mouth of Ron Paul though, we are still in it!

Shaun
03-08-2008, 07:44 PM
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
~ Calvin Coolidge

Actually there are things that can take the place of persistence; the main one is STRATEGY. Persistence whilst heading in the wrong direction can look and feel a lot like delusion.
The RP campaign has had plenty of persistence, good, but they have also had the Strategic ability of Donald Duck. Hence we have a persistently losing campaign.

LinuxUser269
03-08-2008, 08:00 PM

I agree.

http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/a/4/3/c/highres_2682044.jpeg

Karrl
03-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Is it really so hard to grasp?

The campaign to elect RonPaul for president is over.
The effort to elect delegates is not.

The revolution continues through the election of delegates and grassroots activism.

It is simply up to each of us to decide where to go from here.

Corydoras
03-08-2008, 09:06 PM
The campaign to elect RonPaul for president is over.
The effort to elect delegates is not.

Well said.