PDA

View Full Version : The media are talking about Ron Paul non-stop today.

SonicInfinity
03-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Probably because they want to drill in the "he's quitting" message.

thuja
03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
then since he "is quitting" he will have an easier time winning.

Virginia Martin
03-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't think Ron Paul is quitting. I nearly had a heart attack when I heard he had. Surely, our man knows that would break our hearts. Besides, I sent out Ron Paul literature to some ministers today. A lot of people go to Church. All those people in those churches all at the same time just sitting there waiting to be informed. Ministers need to use their positions to influence their congregations. They are not supposed to, but they can figure out ways. I know they will like dr. Paul.

If anyone is on college campuses they need to slip Ron Paul literature around the classrooms and lunchrooms. It amuses me to think that while Instructors are spewing their liberal napalm, the students are reading about Ron Paul. :D

Join The Paul Side
03-07-2008, 07:56 PM
They're talking about him non-stop to rub it in our faces by letting us know this is how they choose to end the blackout, after they devastated his campaign. :rolleyes:

kimo
03-07-2008, 07:59 PM
This was another smart and SUPER move by Dr. Ron Paul..and media bias just run into it;)
It should be time to all us NOW, to realize that, and stop talking BS about quiting.

dawnbt
03-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I think it's great. Do you know how many people are at home watching saying, "I thought he already dropped out?" Now they know that he is still in. All those poll workers telling voters in NJ that Ron had dropped out. Any publicity at this point is good publicity in my opinion.

jsu718
03-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I don't think Ron Paul is quitting. I nearly had a heart attack when I heard he had. Surely, our man knows that would break our hearts. Besides, I sent out Ron Paul literature to some ministers today. A lot of people go to Church. All those people in those churches all at the same time just sitting there waiting to be informed. Ministers need to use their positions to influence their congregations. They are not supposed to, but they can figure out ways. I know they will like dr. Paul.

If anyone is on college campuses they need to slip Ron Paul literature around the classrooms and lunchrooms. It amuses me to think that while Instructors are spewing their liberal napalm, the students are reading about Ron Paul. :D

Ministers can. The "church" cannot. As long as the minister is acting of himself and not as a representative of the church then it is okay.

Example...

"I think we should all vote for Ron Paul"
is excellent and legal

"This church endorses Ron Paul"
not so much

No difference, but the choice of words makes it either legal or illegal with regards to the church's tax exempt status. This of course all has to happen outside of an offical church service for it to be okay. If church equipment (copiers, email, sound equipment) is used while endorsing, it is not okay.
Leaders of churches can't make "partisan" statements, so basically they can't say vote Republican, nor can they speak for or against any party or individual.
They can invite a candidate as long as they don't talk about the candidacy. If it is politically related, they have to invite both sides, or all candidates in the case of something like this primary.
Of course the real way around this is to get a candidate to come and endorse that candidate, but also hours beforehand invite all the candidates. Short notice works wonders for people not showing up.

menoname
03-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Ron Paul on CNN monday morning to talk about the revolution.

TastyWheat
03-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a sneaky technique to lower McCain's voter turnout. We need to start an operation of misdirection. Convince Republicans their vote doesn't matter anymore because we have a nominee. Just mention it everywhere you go. "Did you hear McCain got the nomination? Yeah, I guess I can stay home on election day then."

RonPaulVolunteer
03-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a sneaky technique to lower McCain's voter turnout. We need to start an operation of misdirection. Convince Republicans their vote doesn't matter anymore because we have a nominee. Just mention it everywhere you go. "Did you hear McCain got the nomination? Yeah, I guess I can stay home on election day then."

There ya go!!

RonPaulVolunteer
03-07-2008, 08:42 PM
And I'd like to know that why, for the very first time, on his so-called "quitting video" does he go ahead and use an autocue. Why on earth did they do that. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

kigol
03-07-2008, 09:28 PM
They're talking about him non-stop to rub it in our faces by letting us know this is how they choose to end the blackout, after they devastated his campaign. :rolleyes:

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Are you going to run third party? Are you going to run third party? Are you going to run third party? Are you going to run third party? Are you going to run third party? Are you going to run third party? Are you going to run third party? Are you going to run third party? Are you going to run third party? Are you going to run third party?

Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out? Are you dropping out?

NO!

thuja
03-07-2008, 09:32 PM
This was another smart and SUPER move by Dr. Ron Paul..and media bias just run into it;)
It should be time to all us NOW, to realize that, and stop talking BS about quiting.

i see you get it.

Sarah
03-07-2008, 09:33 PM
They can't get enough of him now.
He's had more air time today then he's had through
out the campaign.

thuja
03-07-2008, 09:34 PM

ha!

Zera
03-07-2008, 09:39 PM
My local FOX station (FOX 5 in Georgia) just said that he's hinting at dropping out, but at the end, they mentioned that he hasn't said that he'd dropping out for sure.

Meh, at least they the last mention didn't totally make them look like idiots.

JS4Pat
03-07-2008, 09:42 PM

You can thank Ron Paul and the National Campaign for giving them the opportunity with their cryptic messages. :mad:

Sarah
03-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Until he comes out...makes a speech and says it publicly he is still in IMO.

nullvalu
03-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Ron Paul on CNN monday morning to talk about the revolution.

what? when/where did you hear that? details please.

Bruno
03-07-2008, 09:52 PM
You can thank Ron Paul and the National Campaign for giving them the opportunity with their cryptic messages. :mad:

It got him tons of publicity, didn't it? I agree with those comments above that this really worked in our favor, whether it was intended to or not.

MSM is publicly admitting that he is still in! That means they have to go back on saying that this who race is over! :D

zach
03-07-2008, 10:03 PM
So I can leave handouts around campus legally? And when would Paul be on CNN? I'd like to see it before class.

He could be playing this pretty well.
He "might be dropping out," so he gets plenty of airtime from all the networks thinking that, then he goes to say that he's still in the race.

The lower the expectations, the less they'll expect anything from him and/or more media showings thinking that he's no longer relevant.

brooklyn
03-07-2008, 10:48 PM
My wife, daughter and myself are all delegates and were at the local GOP office today registering for the convention tomorrow and some A-hole rep in the front office was telling everyone who walked in that he heard on Fox news and CNN that "little ronnie paul has bought out and dropped". It took everything I had to keep my cool and not put a Brooklyn kiss right on his jaw. Had to remember to stay focused and let this hand play out. There is rumor that Mcwar might appear at our convention tomorrow. What a treat. Wonder if I get the chance to ask him the questions i want if i will get removed from the convention. We'll see. Stay tuned......

Edu
03-07-2008, 11:31 PM
And I'd like to know that why, for the very first time, on his so-called "quitting video" does he go ahead and use an autocue. Why on earth did they do that. It doesn't make a lot of sense.It's possible they just got the thing.

BTW: Ron Paul is not out, he's not done yet, people should view the 7 min video for themselves instead of submitting to the MSM lies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_vVaZxTno