View Full Version : A must watch speech about our future by G. Edward Griffin

bucfish
03-07-2008, 07:09 PM
http://silverbearcafe.com/private/1.08/idea.html

This man wrote, "The Creature of Jekyl Island" A MUST WATCH

RSLudlum
03-07-2008, 08:38 PM
A MUST WATCH

QFT, for every one of us and every American!

Larry Lee
03-08-2008, 09:58 AM
At first I didn't want to use up 84 minutes of my time to view this video. How glad I am that I did.
Highly recommended.

spacehabitats
03-10-2008, 02:44 PM
He is articulate and inciteful. Reading and viewing this gentleman could save you and the movement YEARS of wheel-spinning.
Absolutely worth your time.

And do check out the rest of his articles at

http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/

Truth Warrior
03-10-2008, 02:55 PM
http://www.spielbauer.com/JekyllDownload.htm

spacehabitats
03-11-2008, 11:11 PM
bump

OptionsTrader
03-11-2008, 11:31 PM
He is articulate and inciteful. Reading and viewing this gentleman could save you and the movement YEARS of wheel-spinning.
Absolutely worth your time.

And do check out the rest of his articles at

http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/

A shorter alternate url:

http://www.freedom-force.org

Fields
03-15-2008, 07:13 AM
http://www.spielbauer.com/JekyllDownload.htm

Thanks for that.

spacehabitats
03-17-2008, 08:06 PM
bump

spacehabitats
03-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Still deserves a bump.

ELD
03-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Truly a pleasure. I play competitive games for a living, and the behavior he describes is what we call "scrubby". People who do not play games to win have these made up, self inflicted rules. Concepts of cheapness, honor, call it what you will. They refuse to use tactics that are legal in the game, because they object to them for some made up reason. In chess, for example, some people find rapid exchange of material to be "cheap" and refuse to engage in a winning strategy because of this personal emotion based aversion. People who approach the problem of winning without emotion, and figuring out how to best achieve victory succeed. People who get tangled up in self inflicted rules lose and whine about it. The American people are in the losing and whining phase. We need to take a step back, figure out how to win, and do what is necessary. Taking control of the government does not require a majority. Ensuring the natural rights of every American must not ever be subject to the whim of the people, politicians or anyone who is against liberty. We must take control of the power centers and return liberty to this country. Great video, and I will continue to look for more ways to be part to this revolution!

CUnknown
03-25-2008, 04:59 PM
I enjoyed listening to this video and agree on a lot of points.

However, I am skeptical of anyone who says we must "take control the power centers" without emotion because those "without power cannot defend liberty". It all becomes a means to an end, and the end justifies the means, and you can become very corrupted in a hurry.

He says he can't think of any revolution in history that involved a lesser power defeating a greater power? He must be reading different books than I have.. What about Ghandi, Martin Luther King... even the American Revolution -- there is no historian who will claim that Britian wasn't anything other than a far superior power to the colonists.

He seems distraught that he was not able to acheive victory in a matter of a few decades. He sees that we are losing the fight, and losing worse and worse as the years pass. And I agree with that, to some extent.

But if the Ron Paul Revolution has taught us anything, it's that we are STRONG. We broke records. We astounded some people, including Ron Paul himself. We have begun to organize and to resist. We aren't some tiny, marginal band of violent revolutionaries -- we are at the core of America. We don't have to resort to using the tactics of the enemy in order to win. All we have to do is f'ing show up, stand up, refuse to be denied.

I think he has one important thing completely backwards. He says that those in power can determine how things go in the future, sort of the 1984 quote "He who controls the present controls the past, he who controls the past controls the future." I don't believe this. All power stems from the people, not from the higher-ups on top of the pyramid. All we have to do is stop handing over our power willingly, and we win.

His example was "Pirates took over the ship, they have all the power, what do we do?" But in reality, the "pirates" have no power of their own. They can only attempt to convince us to go in a direction that is against our own best interests. And they have ways of doing that (CNN, FOX, etc.). But ultimately, the people will wake up, realize what's happening, and take the power back almost immediately.

It has taken them maybe a hundred years to solidify their power to this point, and they're not done yet. We can undo all of that work in just a few years if the people would wake up and take action. Having a leader like Ron Paul helps, but that is not completely necessary, either. And if one is required, we can just make one. The times make the man, not the other way around, imo.

So, I reject calls to abandon our principles before we even start. It's not necessary.

torchbearer
03-25-2008, 05:41 PM
He is right. Those that hold the seats of powers control where this ship goes.... we've been focused on living and playing... we abandoned our post and the collectivist took them...
Now, we must take those "Seats of power" back. Since the word power centers seems militaristic.
seats of power being on party office small or big, public office, civic groups, etc.

CUnknown
03-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Are you sure that was all he was saying, that we should "get our guys elected to office"? It seemed to me that the discussion about Marxist/Leninists was more sinister than that. He seems like a very nice and kind old man, but the words that were coming out of his mouth were frightening to me.

He was talking about the "Red Scare" of the 50s when it was thought that the Communists were trying to infiltrate America. It's not that the Communists were saying "elect me, I am a Communist!", but the story goes they were hiding their true intent and attempting to gain power covertly. So, any effort by the true patriots like Joe McCarthy to root them out (even if they claim not to be Communists) was justified.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it sounds like Griffin would support efforts like McCarthy's, because we must attain power and stop the collectivists by any means necessary.

I don't think we should use methods that we would denounce our enemies for using. I hope all Griffin was saying was that we need to get our guys elected, because that is true of course. Also, Griffin seems like a good guy and of course I love anyone who supports Ron Paul! But, it was a little scary to me when he was talking about the Leninist conspiracy and even more scary when he directly advocated their methods!

But maybe I misunderstood some things he said.

dirknb@hotmail.com
03-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Are you sure that was all he was saying, that we should "get our guys elected to office"? It seemed to me that the discussion about Marxist/Leninists was more sinister than that. He seems like a very nice and kind old man, but the words that were coming out of his mouth were frightening to me.

He was talking about the "Red Scare" of the 50s when it was thought that the Communists were trying to infiltrate America. It's not that the Communists were saying "elect me, I am a Communist!", but the story goes they were hiding their true intent and attempting to gain power covertly. So, any effort by the true patriots like Joe McCarthy to root them out (even if they claim not to be Communists) was justified.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it sounds like Griffin would support efforts like McCarthy's, because we must attain power and stop the collectivists by any means necessary.

I don't think we should use methods that we would denounce our enemies for using. I hope all Griffin was saying was that we need to get our guys elected, because that is true of course. Also, Griffin seems like a good guy and of course I love anyone who supports Ron Paul! But, it was a little scary to me when he was talking about the Leninist conspiracy and even more scary when he directly advocated their methods!

But maybe I misunderstood some things he said.

Read The Art of War by Sun Tzu and maybe it will be a little clearer for you. Win however you can, because the alternative is defeat.