PDA

View Full Version : The Delegate Rule Book for the RNC

Phantom
03-07-2008, 03:24 PM
As posted on dailypaul.com (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/41652) by lynnopoly.

Read It--Learn It--Know It! Don't let the GOP violate the rules.

Who knows you could learn a few tricks of your own.

pdf file: The Delegate Rule Book for the DNC (http://www.gop.com/images/2008_Call_FINAL.pdf)

Spirit of '76
03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Thank you!

Phantom
03-07-2008, 03:32 PM
You're welcome Spirit of '76

This should be passed out to all delegates. Who knows, maybe they can change the rules and unbind the bound delegates. ;)

Highland
03-07-2008, 03:40 PM
bump

A Ron Paul Rebel
03-07-2008, 04:15 PM
bump for circumventing the campaign

Phantom
03-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Bump for freedom!

nate895
03-07-2008, 05:35 PM
I love people actually try to use their time for productive things instead of saying "you people are idiots or morons for trying to do everything possible to win."

Bradley in DC
03-09-2008, 01:05 PM
People need to learn the rules appropriate for their specific state. Threads and DailyPaul posts confusing people into thinking their rules apply in other states do a disservice to them all. Please post state-related rules in the correct state subforum and National RNC by-law related ones in the National Convention subforum.

nbhadja
03-09-2008, 01:09 PM
bump

nate895
03-09-2008, 01:11 PM
People need to learn the rules appropriate for their specific state. Threads and DailyPaul posts confusing people into thinking their rules apply in other states do a disservice to them all. Please post state-related rules in the correct state subforum and National RNC by-law related ones in the National Convention subforum.

What I have found so funny is that the rulebooks for many states such as Georgia, Texas, and Indiana neglect to actually bind their delegates, most don't even touch on what delegates are to do except be elected by certain conventions.

rockandrollsouls
03-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know what our chances are of unbinding the delegates? Do the delegates know what they need to do? Do we need to inform them?

nate895
03-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Does anyone know what our chances are of unbinding the delegates? Do the delegates know what they need to do? Do we need to inform them?

Just get a resolution from the rules committee, and the convention votes on it.

rockandrollsouls
03-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Sorry, I'm young yet and not fully educated on the process. So, I'm from NJ. What can I do to unbind our delegates ( and that would be a HUGE blow to McCain)? Who can I contact?

nate895
03-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Sorry, I'm young yet and not fully educated on the process. So, I'm from NJ. What can I do to unbind our delegates ( and that would be a HUGE blow to McCain)? Who can I contact?

I'll look on the NJ GOP website, but they don't have a state convention, so you will be unable to unbind the delegates if they are bound.

nate895
03-09-2008, 01:26 PM
In New Jersey, you can't be a delegate in the future if you vote against your pledge, there is no way they can prevent you from doing it, however.

rockandrollsouls
03-09-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm not a delegate, so can we contact the others and make them aware of this?

nate895
03-09-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm not a delegate, so can we contact the others and make them aware of this?

The delegates are elected in June in New Jersey, and Murray Sabrin is sponsoring a slate, so we should probably tell them this after they are elected.

Banana
03-09-2008, 01:36 PM
What I have found so funny is that the rulebooks for many states such as Georgia, Texas, and Indiana neglect to actually bind their delegates, most don't even touch on what delegates are to do except be elected by certain conventions.

Did you also check the supporting documents as well? Just because it's not in the rulebook doesn't mean it's not in other documents such as by-laws, state laws, or party guidelines, or policy or whatever.

I'd tread *very* carefully and concur with Bradley that everyone should read up on their state's rules and understanding what are their best options. There's many ways to skin a cat.

nate895
03-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Did you also check the supporting documents as well? Just because it's not in the rulebook doesn't mean it's not in other documents such as by-laws, state laws, or party guidelines, or policy or whatever.

I'd tread *very* carefully and concur with Bradley that everyone should read up on their state's rules and understanding what are their best options. There's many ways to skin a cat.

That is what I was checking, the by-laws of the party.

Banana
03-09-2008, 02:03 PM
That is what I was checking, the by-laws of the party.

And that's all? I know that in some organizations, by-laws and RRO aren't the only sources; they may derive from other documents such as policy, guidelines or the likes.

For you who are delegates and wanting to research the rules, I'd at least ask the state party to verify whether there are more documents they may use beside the rulebook and the by-laws.

nate895
03-09-2008, 02:05 PM
And that's all? I know that in some organizations, by-laws and RRO aren't the only sources; they may derive from other documents such as policy, guidelines or the likes.

For you who are delegates and wanting to research the rules, I'd at least ask the state party to verify whether there are more documents they may use beside the rulebook and the by-laws.

I only go with those rules when they actually address the delegates themselves. I found NJ GOP rules as a resolution.

Banana
03-09-2008, 02:11 PM
I only go with those rules when they actually address the delegates themselves.

I understand that. I would just hate it to see it blow up in our faces if we neglected to verify that it wasn't exhaustive and there was an addendum collecting dust in the bottom drawer in the office.

I found NJ GOP rules as a resolution.

Huh, interesting!

nate895
03-09-2008, 02:13 PM
I understand that. I would just hate it to see it blow up in our faces if we neglected to verify that it wasn't exhaustive and there was an addendum collecting dust in the bottom drawer in the office.

Huh, interesting!

The publish addendums as a part of the bylaws, that is how they construct the bylaws, they amend them as time goes on, most were first created at some point in the 50s or 60s.