PDA

View Full Version : Campaign money

RonPaulFTW08
03-07-2008, 01:53 PM
What I'm very curious about is why Ron Paul or someone from the campaign has not recently mentioned what they plan to do with the $6 Million in donation they received this quarter. If anyone has any 411 on this PLEASE post as I am really curious. If there have been other recent threads addressing this please let me know as well.:confused:

PaulTriumph
03-07-2008, 02:00 PM
What I'm very curious about is why Ron Paul or someone from the campaign has not recently mentioned what they plan to do with the $6 Million in donation they received this quarter. If anyone has any 411 on this PLEASE post as I am really curious. If there have been other recent threads addressing this please let me know as well.:confused:

That is a good question. The recent video makes it look like the national campaign will not be organizing/funding the March on Washington. My hope is that they fund efforts to put RP's name on EACH and EVERY state's ballot in November. (We as the grassroots would obviously be needed as foot soldiers in this effort, but we could use the campaign's support, too!)

Beyond that, I suspect they are planning the next stages of this movement, and I think we all have an opportunity to shape that by giving RP the largest possible showing in Novmember.

amy31416
03-07-2008, 02:13 PM
That is a good question. The recent video makes it look like the national campaign will not be organizing/funding the March on Washington. My hope is that they fund efforts to put RP's name on EACH and EVERY state's ballot in November. (We as the grassroots would obviously be needed as foot soldiers in this effort, but we could use the campaign's support, too!)

Beyond that, I suspect they are planning the next stages of this movement, and I think we all have an opportunity to shape that by giving RP the largest possible showing in Novmember.

Personally, I hope it can go to help other Congressional and Senate candidates who are liberty-minded, I'm not sure what the FEC laws are though.

MRoCkEd
03-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Personally, I hope it can go to help other Congressional and Senate candidates who are liberty-minded, I'm not sure what the FEC laws are though.
yeah. if possible, this money should go to murray sabrin and similar candidates

Live Free or Die
03-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Do you think they could have spent 6M before and since Super Tuesday? I just wonder what the campaign debt might look like right now, and if that isn't the reason the campaign is "winding down." We all know Ron is probably the only politician alive who wouldn't end a campaign in the red.

Spirit of '76
03-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Left over campaign funds can be rolled over into a PAC. The fact that Ron mentioned the Liberty PAC in his latest video update leads me to believe that this is what will happen with any leftover funds.

Ex Post Facto
03-07-2008, 03:26 PM
If he does that rollover into a PAC I will continue supporting the effort.

PaulTriumph
03-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Left over campaign funds can be rolled over into a PAC. The fact that Ron mentioned the Liberty PAC in his latest video update leads me to believe that this is what will happen with any leftover funds.

I think this sounds like a fair assumption- kind of like how Howard Dean created a PAC after his candicacy, and later used it to support like-minded candidates. This is what gave him momentum to win the head of the DNC.

Wouldn't it be great if RP could make some similar moves, help elect some r3volutionary COngressional candidates and head up the RNC? THAT would be a great day!! :D

New Governor Of Alaska
03-07-2008, 03:50 PM

Do you have names of people who the Liberty PAC plan to support, Spirit of '76?

The goal of Liberty PAC is to help fund and elect conservative, pro-Constitution, pro-liberty, pro-American sovereignty candidates who share Congressman Ron Paul’s commitment to the values and principles our nation was founded upon.

http://www.libertypac.net/html/about_lpac.html

Spirit of '76
03-07-2008, 03:54 PM
I think this sounds like a fair assumption- kind of like how Howard Dean created a PAC after his candicacy, and later used it to support like-minded candidates. This is what gave him momentum to win the head of the DNC.

Wouldn't it be great if RP could make some similar moves, help elect some r3volutionary COngressional candidates and head up the RNC? THAT would be a great day!! :D

The PAC is already in place and active!

http://www.libertypac.net/index.html

I don't think he's diverted any of the campaign funds there yet, since the campaign is still active.

Highland
03-07-2008, 03:54 PM
I hate politics.

Spirit of '76
03-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Do you have names of people who the Liberty PAC plan to support, Spirit of '76?

Unfortunately, I don't. Hopefully some updates will be forthcoming.

Liberté
03-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Most of the money is probably spent! What, do you guys think the total on his webpage is the balance of his checking account? He will spend the money on his campaign, until he drops out.. but I imagine it will be mostly gone. What is left will probably go into the Liberty PAC

anonymous6728
03-07-2008, 04:17 PM
We owe it to America & ourselves to show everyone what we are fighting against.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxpx7AKoPzw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gwxfQkQpFo (thanks to beau3d)
http://www.bangitout.com/videos/viewvideo.php?a=991 (thanks to gg545601)

Part 1 was aggressively removed. I think this is a sign of things to come. Get used to copying important info and posting it. However, the first shot of this democratic revolution has been fired and there's no going back now.

People immediately recognized the emotional impact of these videos--RP supporters and the enemies of RP and democracy. I have no doubt that more of these type of videos and commentaries will appear in defense of democracy.

I would like to see an organized TV ad campaign that features the following commercials that end with the slogan "Preserve Democracy" (with or w/o RP)

1. The burning of the Reichstag/ 9/11
2. A speech by Hitler saying that he will protect his citizens/a similar speech by Bush
3. The creation of the Fuhrer and his emergency measures/ The trashing of the Constitution & the enactment of the Patriot Act
4. The Gestapo rounding up people / Homeland Security rounding up people
5. The Nazis herding people into concentration camps/ the camps that have been built in the US.

What America is doing now is not much different than what the Nazis did. I think that this is the most effective strategy we can use to open people's eyes.

What do you think?

Number19
03-07-2008, 04:36 PM
What I'm very curious about is why Ron Paul or someone from the campaign has not recently mentioned what they plan to do with the $6 Million in donation they received this quarter. If anyone has any 411 on this PLEASE post as I am really curious. If there have been other recent threads addressing this please let me know as well.:confused:I'm really curious. This, or something similar, has been asked more than once.

Just why does anyone question that this money hasn't already been spent on the campaign?

In the video announcement yesterday, RP stated that even the cut back, minimum campaign that will be maintained between now and the convention will require continued funding.

I'm guessing, for the most part, the $6M has been spent.

RonPaulFTW08
03-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks for all the answers.. It makes me feel a *little bit* better. I don't follow Ron Paul news as closely as I used to these days, but it still would have been nice to hear RP or the campaign speak more directly about what exactly has been done with the moneys raised. Ive donated to both his presidential and congressional campaign. Really glad he won the congressional race. Hopefully some good will come out of the Liberty PAC too if thats where the remaining funds are being rolled into..