PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for a TV Ad

ZoomerzMom
08-17-2007, 02:02 AM
I have an idea for a TV ad. I proposed it to Lord Xar and he suggested that I post it on this site. So, here is the idea: Bring to life -- via animation -- the fantastic poster created by Lord Xar and recently published in the Ames Tribune newspaper.

Here's my vision of the ad:

Start with an outline map of the United States and have all the individual photographs from the poster move from various states, collecting in the middle to form the image of Dr. Paul. Then, in the background, the U.S. map fades out and the U.S. Constitution fades in, with the image of Dr. Paul superimposed on the Constitution. Then the (animated) writing (We the people . . .) appears. The background music could be something compelling, like the music from "Batman Begins" which was used in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ I envision only music, the image and lettering; no vocal.

I'm open to feedback.

john_anderson_ii
08-17-2007, 02:06 AM
I like it, I think it would be very moving.

You might want to rethink the no spoken words thing though, lest it end up like this ad. (http://www.break.com/index/special-message-from-coca-cola.html)

(BTW: The add and the warning about no spoken words were a joke if you couldn't tell from the ad)

You know, now that I've seen that joke commercial again, I'm sure someone more creative than I can use that general concept & format to evoke some serious thinking from the masses. I'm sure something witty and creative can be derived with that format and the fact that Washington prefers us both deaf and blind to their antics.

happyphilter
08-17-2007, 02:20 AM
Yes, it would be compelling...to people who already voting for him...

I like it, but Im going to play devils advocate once again and say, no, it wouldent be good for what we need. maybe a good youtube vid.

What we need is something that gets his message across, what HE believes in and something that will make us agree and say "I want to vote for this guy now"
Epic music may help but still, wheres the message?
ontop of that it would be a lot of wasted time and money just doing "animations" We gotta just jump in and use every second as well as possible.

DeadheadForPaul
08-17-2007, 02:24 AM
Yes, it would be compelling...to people who already voting for him...

I like it, but Im going to play devils advocate once again and say, no, it wouldent be good for what we need. maybe a good youtube vid.

What we need is something that gets his message across, what HE believes in and something that will make us agree and say "I want to vote for this guy now"
Epic music may help but still, wheres the message?
ontop of that it would be a lot of wasted time and money just doing "animations" We gotta just jump in and use every second as well as possible.

I agree. We really need to get Dr. Paul's views out there. "Dr. Paul is the one candidate defending freedom and the Constitution. He has never voted for a tax increase, he will secure our borders, and he will bring our troops home".

Bodhi
08-17-2007, 03:31 AM
I agree. We really need to get Dr. Paul's views out there. "Dr. Paul is the one candidate defending freedom and the Constitution. He has never voted for a tax increase, he will secure our borders, and he will bring our troops home".

I agree as well. People need to hear this man's message. I only heard about Ron Paul last month. I read a post in a forum supporting Ron Paul that happened to mention he was Republican. I almost didn't investigate further because of that. I am glad I did. The more I heard of what he had to say the more I wanted to hear.

I have never been passionate about a Presidential candidate before. No one "sold" me on Ron Paul. I watched a YouTube video with a great deal of skepticism and his message was strong enough to convert me almost on the spot. Of course I did more background research and the more I learned about this man the more I was convinced that he is exactly what this country needs.

Revolution9
08-17-2007, 05:57 AM
I have an idea for a TV ad. I proposed it to Lord Xar and he suggested that I post it on this site. So, here is the idea: Bring to life -- via animation -- the fantastic poster created by Lord Xar and recently published in the Ames Tribune newspaper.

Here's my vision of the ad:

Start with an outline map of the United States and have all the individual photographs from the poster move from various states, collecting in the middle to form the image of Dr. Paul. Then, in the background, the U.S. map fades out and the U.S. Constitution fades in, with the image of Dr. Paul superimposed on the Constitution. Then the (animated) writing (We the people . . .) appears. The background music could be something compelling, like the music from "Batman Begins" which was used in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ I envision only music, the image and lettering; no vocal.

I'm open to feedback.

Got a 30 second clip of this already rendered out in AfterEffects and am digging for quotes and a decent video clp with Dr paul at the same angle speaking as the mosaic.. I included the Declaration as well at the beginning.
I wuld like t get some pics to fly in to the mosaic that are photos from the mosaic..but.. I ain't got the photos directory. Started it three days back..so this above is not my influence and i have a different take on it. But it is mosaic, Declaration, Constitution, words from that poster..as they are so powerful.. I need about 200 pohotos to fly in and I am off to the races for completing base visuals and ready for secondary compositing and SFX. I was also going to get multiple folks from multiple ages groups to do snippets of the voiceover and overlap them.

Best
Randy

ZoomerzMom
08-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks for responding to my post; all your comments and suggestions are helpful.

I understand -- and agree -- that everyone needs to hear Dr. Paul's message; that could be accomplished with one statement at the end of the ad: "For more information, please Google Ron Paul."

Playing only music in a TV ad will draw people in; they are used to hearing someone telling them how to live, what to buy, how to be really cool, etc. When only music is coming from a TV ad, the absence of vocal gets attention; people wait to hear what they should be doing.

As they watch the animated ad being built, I believe the build process will be compelling enough to get them to watch what's happening.

Finally, one spoken message tells them where to go for more information: Google Ron Paul.

I believe this will speak to our target market.

Remember: this is only one idea. There will be many other ideas that come forth and many of them will be great. I suggested this because we are 90% there with the concept and the final result. The only thing left is to do the animation. Since we are pressed for time, this seemed to be something to consider.

I am especially impressed that Randy has already started something along these lines.

Randy! What can we do to help you?

Lord Xar
08-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Got a 30 second clip of this already rendered out in AfterEffects and am digging for quotes and a decent video clp with Dr paul at the same angle speaking as the mosaic.. I included the Declaration as well at the beginning.
I wuld like t get some pics to fly in to the mosaic that are photos from the mosaic..but.. I ain't got the photos directory. Started it three days back..so this above is not my influence and i have a different take on it. But it is mosaic, Declaration, Constitution, words from that poster..as they are so powerful.. I need about 200 pohotos to fly in and I am off to the races for completing base visuals and ready for secondary compositing and SFX. I was also going to get multiple folks from multiple ages groups to do snippets of the voiceover and overlap them.

Best
Randy

AWESOME..

Listen, can you not only do what you are doing.. BUT ALSO have a 30 and 60 second version for COMMERCIAL USE for the supporters?????

ZoomerzMom
08-17-2007, 02:23 PM
I just visited DailyPaul.com and noticed a new post that is quite similar to what I had envisioned. Check it out!

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/1443 (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/1443)