PDA

View Full Version : After the Election.....

Hawk45
03-07-2008, 01:18 PM
what are you gonna do for gun knowledge?

I figure this site will go away after the election no matter how it goes, so where are you going to go for info as the NEED for weapons is NOT going away.

For example I was asked to come here by some friends that saw a need for basic gun education and knew I have over 30 years in the gun buisness both as a user and one who was in the gun buisness.

While there is a world of gun sites in the wide wide world of the internet, there are some that will and can get you killed if you follow their advice. Some have agendas that are almost as bad as what we are all fighting.

No, I am NOT saying I am the guru that should be followed without question when it comes to guns, but I PROMISE I will try to help anyone from making the mistakes I have already done in my life with guns. I am still learning too!

OptionsTrader
03-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I think Josh still plans for a LibertyForest.com website after this campaign is over.

ref:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34278

1000-points-of-fright
03-07-2008, 02:55 PM
While there is a world of gun sites in the wide wide world of the internet, there are some that will and can get you killed if you follow their advice. Some have agendas that are almost as bad as what we are all fighting.

Just like the people on this forum.

All those gun sites on the internet are potential sources of info. But if you believe everything you read on the internet you deserve to get yourself killed. Verify any info with multiple sources. Make sure a source is trust worthy before you immediately believe it.

Just like real life.

hairball
03-07-2008, 03:23 PM
My favorite place is www.gunboards.com

It has a lot of good info, the folks have some good give-n-take, and the mods are talented in their fields, and there is a wide variety of firearms discussed.

The others are right, of course, about taking things with a grain of salt. Your best bet is to reference books, and a good place to search for old gun books is www.half.com

RedLightning
03-07-2008, 03:32 PM
A couple of my favorite gun forums is TheHighroad.org(its moderated a bit too much though, its where I first heard of Ron Paul)

SKSboards is also good if you have an SKS or AK. Pretty pro Ron Paul.

hairball
03-07-2008, 05:32 PM
A couple of my favorite gun forums is TheHighroad.org(its moderated a bit too much though, its where I first heard of Ron Paul)

SKSboards is also good if you have an SKS or AK. Pretty pro Ron Paul.

I do not go for a gunboard because they are Pro Ron, I go for firearms info.

Gunboards is moderated for the healthy flow of ideas without the childish insults that result from boards that assume EVERYone is an adult. They are NOT.

RedLightning
03-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I do not go for a gunboard because they are Pro Ron, I go for firearms info.

Gunboards is moderated for the healthy flow of ideas without the childish insults that result from boards that assume EVERYone is an adult. They are NOT.

Ok...I don't know really where you are coming from, the two boards I mentioned have generally good members and information. I guess I somehow insulted you by mentioning that I heard of Ron Paul on them...:rolleyes: You also seem pissed off that I mentioned other forums other then gunboards(which I also visit once in a while).

pcosmar
03-07-2008, 09:19 PM
I came across THR in my search for my lost rights.
I first heard of Ron Paul on THR.
Then I was Banned from THR in the purge (night of the long knives) and still don't know why.
I now know what happened to my rights, and am working at getting them back. Not just for me but for everyone.
Funny how things work.

Hawk45
03-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Main thing I was trying to convey is to establish MULTIPLE sources of dependable information and NEVER depend on just one source.

Examples for instance is Falfiles for FAL information. One of the better souces on the web. Glocktalk for good info on Glocks.

Think outside the box folks and NEVER depend on one source for ANYTHING!

krott5333
03-08-2008, 03:52 AM
http://forums.gunbroker.com
www.gunsnet.net/forums
www.thehighroad.org
www.thefiringline.com
www.ar15.com
www.glocktalk.com

1000-points-of-fright
03-08-2008, 10:47 AM
http://www.theakforum.net

MAGICKAL