PDA

View Full Version : An offer the MSM can't refuse.....

john_anderson_ii
08-17-2007, 12:47 AM
Ok, so I had a silly idea today after reading an article titled "Ron Paul Isn't Being Censored" by Tibor R. Machan. The article claims that only the government is technically capable of censorship, so in fact, the MSM is not censoring Ron Paul, they are merely ignoring him. Sounds like a petty word game to me, but we are free to think (or not) as we see fit.

Anyway, to the idea. If the MSM is merely ignoring Ron Paul, then why don't we give them something they can't ignore, an offer they can't refuse. Here is my idea......

What if one day, Guilliani, McCain, Romney, and all the other career politicians were to recieve thousands and thousands of envelopes in their mail boxes. Inside each envelope was a single tea bag. The return address on each envelope was:

Griffin Wharf
470 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02210

(You might know it as Liberty Wharf, but back when Sam Adams and Paul Revere decided to have a tea party, I've read it was called Griffin Wharf)

The cost:
8 Stamps: $3.69
8 Tea Bags: ?? Probably already in your kitchen.
Media Circus: Priceless

Just an idea. It would require quite a bit of cooperation and organization among the several meetup groups and such. I don't think, here on the internet, we could keep it quiet enough for the other camps to not see it coming. I would certainly feel sorry for the mail carrier as well.

Either way, if the MSM wants to ignore, censor or misrepresent Dr. Paul, then we need to think outside their little box and light a few figurative fires here and there.

Edit: Then again, why stop with the imperialist republican candidates, the democrats have some pretty bad candidates in need of some American Revival as well. Call it $7.00 for stamps then.

trispear
08-17-2007, 01:02 AM
That sounds like a fun idea:)

I'm sure the media would spin it into some type of anthrax-like scare -- remember what they did with the mooninite thing in Boston earlier this year, those wackjobs (meaning the Boston mayor and the old media).

Slugg
08-17-2007, 01:04 AM

I'm sure the media would spin it into some type of anthrax-like scare -- remember what they did with the mooninite thing in Boston earlier this year, those wackjobs (meaning the Boston mayor and the old media).

I remember that, the mayor said, "They looked suspicious with their batteries and wires!"

hahaha

john_anderson_ii
08-17-2007, 01:14 AM
I, for one, think that no matter how the media spins it as an "anthrax scare", most Americans will think it takes a serious kind of moron to confuse a common tea bag with anthrax. Especially a flood of envelopes. Hopefully common sense will engage and American's will think "What kind of terrorist would send 4,000 letters?" This would highlight the moron status of other candidates should they decide to play the fear card.

However, I would love to be a part of the movement to add a third word to Guilliani's vocabulary. From that day forward he would know and be able to recite 9/11, terrorist, and anthrax!

DeadheadForPaul
08-17-2007, 01:14 AM
I remember that, the mayor said, "They looked suspicious with their batteries and wires!"

hahaha

lol Every ATHF fan in the country was screaming at Fox News "That's Err!"

Ninja Homer
08-17-2007, 01:21 AM
LOL

I get the tea party thing, but on top of that, you'll be "teabagging (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teabagging)" Guilliani, McCain, and Romney.

McDermit
08-17-2007, 01:33 AM
LOL

I get the tea party thing, but on top of that, you'll be "teabagging (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teabagging)" Guilliani, McCain, and Romney.

lol. Score!

ghemminger
08-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Maybe we can do something like the revolutionaries did. What does the Goverment over Tax????? Maybe we could collect our W-2s???or our tax returns into a large pile and BURN them....lol

john_anderson_ii
08-17-2007, 01:54 AM
I would say mail a copy of our W-2s to the taxing bastards at the IRS, but we do that anyway. I feel we need some sort of big demonstration that is safe and legal , but somewhat mischievous. It must also convey a sense of everything Ron Paul's message stands for.

I think such a demonstration would accomplish something more than just generating media coverage and highlighting the idiocy of other politicians. I think it would free a lot of minds. I'm absolutely convinced that there are lot of "sheeple" out there who deep down know that something is broken within this country we've been taught to revere since grade school. They are ashamed that they feel this way because it's not "mainstream" or "patriotic" to do so. A demonstration of defiance in the face of tyranny as moving as the Boston Tea Party might just convince some of these sheeple that real patriotism stems from preserving liberty and not from waving pom-poms and cheering for the mainstream.

Ninja Homer
08-17-2007, 03:26 AM
I haven't fully thought out this idea yet, but how about asking all the candidates to sign some sort of contract that they will uphold the Constitution? Yeah, they give an oath, but that is obviously ignored. A contract is a contract. I don't know what their end of it would be if they don't uphold the Constitution... resign their Presidency maybe?

You know Ron Paul wouldn't have a problem signing that contract. If other candidates refuse to sign it, then there's proof that they have no intention of upholding the Constitution.

If everybody signs it, it could have a negative effect: it may give the impression that they will all uphold the Constitution. Like I said, I haven't fully thought it out yet.

I think contracts like this could be used for any of the promises that candidates make. If they are promising to end the war in Iraq, they must meet x conditions by y date, or you have to do z. Sign it, or we don't believe you.

I think this would get some MSM attention.

bc2208
08-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Tea bags = awesome idea

ZackM
08-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Interesting idea. If the "Nuts for Jericho" campaign could deliver 20 TONS of peannuts to the front door of CBS headquarters, I'm sure the grassroots of this campaign could do quite a number with tea...

http://www.nutsonline.com/jericho
over $54,000 spent on 20 tons via almost 5,000 orders...

Following this model, it might be worth considering tyring to recruit an internet tea supply company...

JPFromTally
08-17-2007, 07:59 AM
If you think back as to when RP got the most media exposure it was the whole "More Cash than John McCain" story. The best way for Ron to get in the news is with stories about how much money he has.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy: Those that have the money get the media attention. Those that get the media attention get the money, etc, etc.

john_anderson_ii
08-17-2007, 08:45 AM
If you think back as to when RP got the most media exposure it was the whole "More Cash than John McCain" story. The best way for Ron to get in the news is with stories about how much money he has.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy: Those that have the money get the media attention. Those that get the media attention get the money, etc, etc.

While this is inherently true, they only report earnings once a quarter. How long did the "more cash than McCain" buzz last before it was played out? A week at the most? To make that self fulfilling prophecy work to our advantage we have to do more work than the next guy. It's not like anyone is going to send a tea bag and then say, "man that was hard, I'm done!". I'll still be donating bi-weekly, and doing meet up things as well.

Anyone got any ideas for a date? Think we can rally the masses by Monday the 20th?

Bro.Butch
08-17-2007, 09:01 AM

:D You are correct:D

Does anyone really think it would be reported on a national level (unless it is spun as "terrorist" activity ?!?) The stamps might better be spent in the Iowa mailing campaign. We have to win,place or show in Iowa to have any chance at the nomination.

The more money equals more media also works in

the higher in the polls mean more media coverage, the more media coverage the higher in the polls and on and on...

lynnf
08-17-2007, 09:05 AM

If the tea was a concern in this fashion, the tea could be emptied out and just
send the bag -- the same idea is projected. Plus it would have the additional
symbology of the empty promises of the other candidates and the government.

lynn

Roxi
08-17-2007, 10:46 AM
THIS is a hilarious idea, and IM so in... to the naysayers... its not going to hurt anything or cost much

who can get the addresses together?

Mani
08-17-2007, 10:50 AM
THIS is a hilarious idea, and IM so in... to the naysayers... its not going to hurt anything or cost much

100 of us send out 10 letters we are already at 1,000 letters.
500 of us...5000 letters.

But wouldn't it be better to have all the letters show up at one place, more impact if you have 5,000 - 10,000 letters show up to the same place.

dsentell
08-17-2007, 10:53 AM
I LOVE IT

RON PAUL TEA PARTY!!

Of course, we might all be portrayed as terrorists by the MSM. But if that is the case, the average American would think the media was crazy.

Might get a few more people to realize that there is a revolution going on!

billm317
08-17-2007, 10:55 AM
My vote is to just send it to Giuliani and Romney. No sense in drawing any attention to McCain. He's a sinking ship.

empirenine
08-17-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm in. Great idea.

IowaSupport
08-17-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm for it - I could start a facebook thread on this as well.

Edit: As soon as we nail down a date and addresses that is.

crhoades
08-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Someone needs to create a YouTube video explaining all of this and get it bubbling up all over the place.

Return Address should state "Ron Paul Revolution".

1000-points-of-fright
08-17-2007, 11:25 AM
I was thinking that December 16th would be a good day for us to send them or for the candidates to receive them, as that is the actually date of the Boston Tea Party. Unfortunately, December 16th is a Sunday this year. Maybe mail them on the Friday before or Monday after? Unless you guys don't want to wait that long. There may be less candidates by then.

Marshall
08-17-2007, 12:35 PM
This sounds excellent to me. However, what if we sent all the letters to one central location? As opposed to spreading them out between candidates in different locations, we could just have one huge pile going to say, fox news, gop headquarters, etc. It'll be far harder to ignore.

born2drv
08-17-2007, 12:46 PM
My vote is to just send it to Giuliani and Romney. No sense in drawing any attention to McCain. He's a sinking ship.

I agree.

Shink
08-17-2007, 12:48 PM
I would recommend the RNC and the Democrat equivalent as the recipients. Send it to Ghouliomney and they probably shrug it off after having a man servant clean it up. If there's a bigger political organization than the RNC, send it there. Hell, what if it was all sent to the headquarters of the Associated Press? Guaranteed news.

john_anderson_ii
08-17-2007, 01:01 PM
It's agreed. We will have a lovely little tea party. We just need to pick a recipient, then a date, then spread the word.

I kind of like the idea of the RNC as the target, but I'm not sure how we can let them know that our actions are in support of one of their candidates and not in contempt for the republican party. Why would they throw the support of the party behind a candidate who's supporters hate republicans? We don't want to alienate them, we want to show them that we don't like the direction they've strayed off to, and they need to come back to terra firma.

I would love to have our modern re-enactment on the 16 of Dec, but I fear it will be too late by then. I think we should do it this month.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-17-2007, 01:01 PM
This would be great if anyone actually heard about it. But we have a tree falling in the forest scenario. Rudy Romney isn't going to report it to the media. If we report it to the media, and actually convince a reporter to call the campaigns, the campaigns could either lie, or the press secretary may not even be aware of the teabags, as the person opening the mail may just toss them.

Gotta think of a way to ensure the press gets the story before expending resources. If I think of something, I'll let you know. (I also don't think mailing teabags to the mailroom of Fox is going to get them to the newsroom.)

john_anderson_ii
08-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Gotta think of a way to ensure the press gets the story before expending resources. If I think of something, I'll let you know. (I also don't think mailing teabags to the mailroom of Fox is going to get them to the newsroom.)

What if we sent them to the Capitol Building? It's party and politician neutral, and it's where all this bad policy comes from. I'm just not sure who to address it to there.

ronpaulhawaii
08-17-2007, 01:58 PM
If the tea was a concern in this fashion, the tea could be emptied out and just
send the bag -- the same idea is projected. Plus it would have the additional
symbology of the empty promises of the other candidates and the government.

lynn

and the the tea has already been dumped...

Agreed...

I think we should include top tier from both sides, all of the major networks, all of the major talking heads, the newspapers, etc.

1-empty bag per envelope would cost a stamp, the tea, and time

I was thinking that December 16th would be a good day for us to send them or for the candidates to receive them, as that is the actually date of the Boston Tea Party. Unfortunately, December 16th is a Sunday this year. Maybe mail them on the Friday before or Monday after? Unless you guys don't want to wait that long. There may be less candidates by then.

yes, good date area for me

I would recommend the RNC and the Democrat equivalent as the recipients. Send it to Ghouliomney and they probably shrug it off after having a man servant clean it up. If there's a bigger political organization than the RNC, send it there. Hell, what if it was all sent to the headquarters of the Associated Press? Guaranteed news.

LMAO

It's important to have fun...

john_anderson_ii
08-17-2007, 02:10 PM
What about this:

Griffin Wharf
470 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02210

Federal Reserve Board
ATTN: Chairman Ben S. Bernanke
20th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20551

Anyone have any input on what kind of buzz that would generate?

For just 63 cents a day you could sponsor a child living in poverty in Central America. You could also make sure the Federal Reserve has all the tea fleecing Americans can buy.

Buzz
08-17-2007, 02:16 PM
This would be great if anyone actually heard about it. But we have a tree falling in the forest scenario. Rudy Romney isn't going to report it to the media. If we report it to the media, and actually convince a reporter to call the campaigns, the campaigns could either lie, or the press secretary may not even be aware of the teabags, as the person opening the mail may just toss them.

True. I can imagine the media ignoring even a story like this. Also, how will this event translate into publicity for Ron Paul?

dsentell
08-17-2007, 02:21 PM
The envelope would need to be marked "Ron Paul Revolution".

What if (for some reason) our "letters" were not delivered to addressee, but "returned" to the Wharf?

I think to get coverage, we might have to tip off somebody. Anyone know any reporters in the DC area?

trispear
08-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Sometimes, as a tax protest, I want to send, instead of teabags, a small bar of tar (asphalt will do) and a feather:)

john_anderson_ii
08-17-2007, 02:28 PM
What if (for some reason) our "letters" were not delivered to addressee, but "returned" to the Wharf?

The Wharf no longer exists. As a matter of fact, the address given for the return address is the closest "scholarly guess" I could find on the internet. Everyone is pretty sure the event took place at "Griffon's Wharf", but the dispute is about where exactly Griffon's Wharf was.

Marshall
08-17-2007, 11:27 PM
bump

Lets have a modern day tea party, eh?

john_anderson_ii
08-17-2007, 11:31 PM
I thought the indecision in regards to choice of recipient and date had killed this idea.

I still stand behind this idea though, so someone post a 'Eureka!' of a recipient, and I'm sure the rest will fall in place.

ronpaulhawaii
08-18-2007, 08:05 AM
I thought the indecision in regards to choice of recipient and date had killed this idea.

I still stand behind this idea though, so someone post a 'Eureka!' of a recipient, and I'm sure the rest will fall in place.

bump

shrugged0106
08-18-2007, 08:21 AM
since the first tea party was a taxation without representation protest, why not just send them all to IRS HQ?

IRS Headquarters Address: *

10th St & Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20004

ronpaulhawaii
08-18-2007, 09:29 PM
since the first tea party was a taxation without representation protest, why not just send them all to IRS HQ?

IRS Headquarters Address: *

10th St & Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20004

Or the Whitehouse?

Perhaps better would be each MU send to their own congresscritters. Even if it didn't make news, it would make a point. It would be talked about in those halls, and that would help... The only logistics would be a date...

my 2 ¢

Mani
08-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Is there someone in particular within the IRS or congress that's a tax beast?

It would be nice to send it to someone who has a reputation as an evil tax hoarder.

I think sending it to one person/group/dept has a bigger impact and is more of a story.

Anyone watch Freedom to Fascism or something similar? Was there a despicable tax person in any of those?

fez2008
12-01-2007, 01:40 AM
Another thread here (sending teabags to all legislators)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=45132&page=2

Instead of making it negative wouldn't it be good to send teabags and ask them to 'join us for the tea party on dec. 16th?'

troyd1
12-01-2007, 05:50 AM
How about writing a one page letter/report with blatant examples of government waste. $1,000 toilet seat, $75 screw driver, etc. and include a tea bag with it.

Second_Tier_My_Ass
12-01-2007, 02:53 PM
am i the only one that thinks this is a bad idea?

i don't think they will spin it as a terrorist attack, as this is just too extreme and most people won't buy it.

they'll simply say we're trying to sabotage their campaigns by flooding their offices (spamming them) and requiring them to open thousands of useless envelopes, only to throw away the tea bags. this won't make us look awesome. it will make us look like we're playing dirty and that they are the victims.

also, i used to work for the post office. depending on the size of the tea bag, it might not even work. envelopes which are usually used for letters and such need to be able to be fed through machines, and if they are too thick they have to go through an extra step or two to reach their destinations. or if they are really too thick or too heavy, they'll be sent back to the return address (griffin wharf) and i'm sure the people who work there would hate us for it.

now if we send letters, that would be acceptable. but also pointless, as the media wouldn't care in the least.

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Its symbolic... and it will serve notice... send them to the irs, or federal reserve branches.
"20 Tons of Tea "dumped" on the Federal Reserve"

hillertexas
12-01-2007, 03:12 PM
LOL

bonus!

I love this idea by the way

mconder
12-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Should send them to the worst of the worst MSM personalities too.

ItsTime
12-01-2007, 03:17 PM
I say we send it to the fed or IRS and use FedEx or UPS make them sign for it.

Its symbolic... and it will serve notice... send them to the irs, or federal reserve branches.
"20 Tons of Tea "dumped" on the Federal Reserve"

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Lets get this out to all the meetup groups! Send tea bags snail mail to DC! And maybe the DC/MD/VA meetup groups can organize something like bringing a giant tea bag to in front of the capital, etc.

We can send them starting Dec 10th.

Danny Molina
12-01-2007, 03:38 PM
sending mail from a false address/sender is mail fraud.

If this is found to be okay then i'll do it too.

ItsTime
12-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Thats called littering. Just make it a week long mailing so they are opening tea bags everyday for a week. Have the event start on the 10th and end on the 14th. Just send your tea anytime between those dates. (They wont be in the office on the 16th anyway its a sunday)

Lets get this out to all the meetup groups! Send tea bags snail mail to DC! And maybe the DC/MD/VA meetup groups can organize something like bringing a giant tea bag to in front of the capital, etc.

We can send them starting Dec 10th.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Thats called littering. Just make it a week long mailing so they are opening tea bags everyday for a week. Have the event start on the 10th and end on the 14th. Just send your tea anytime between those dates. (They wont be in the office on the 16th anyway its a sunday)

I don't mean littering, I mean a demonstration, like the Boston event.

But I'm all for everyone sending mailings of large amounts of tea bags from the 10th to the 14th.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 04:23 PM
We are already doing the Tea Bag thing. Check out this thread.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=45173

billjarrett
12-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Hmm. I really like the idea, but I'm wondering if we should start taking pages from the Clinton psychological playbook. Clinton has been playing the card of not really attacking the other democrats, but attacking the republicans therefore trying to marginalize the other democratic candidates.

I'm wondering if now (especially with the 16th approaching, when we will be the cash leader), if we should start trying to marginalize the other republicans as has beens. Maybe we should start behaving like we already have the republican nod in our pocket, and start showing what we can do to the dems.

I don't know, theres no definate "point" to this post, just some meandering in a direction.

Ninja Homer
04-15-2009, 06:04 PM
historical bump :D

torchbearer
04-15-2009, 06:06 PM
historical bump :D

help me find the thread that had the tea bag graphics in it.

Ninja Homer
04-15-2009, 06:10 PM
help me find the thread that had the tea bag graphics in it.

Is this the one you're thinking of?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34871

torchbearer
04-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Is this the one you're thinking of?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34871

yeah, that's it!

Valli6
04-15-2009, 08:41 PM
This was so interesting to see today! Thanks for bumping it.