PDA

View Full Version : Did RP drop out?

Natalie
03-07-2008, 12:09 PM
//

jrskblx125
03-07-2008, 12:11 PM
No he didnt .... they must have watched tv or listened to the radio... he released a video last night saying hes winding down headquarters role in the campaign and leaving it up to grassroots.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 12:14 PM
that video was a bad idea i think and yes i have people calling me asking the samething. It's very frustrating . I think its in the best interest he have a national press conference to announce he is staying in . if he doesnt the msm will only further his departure by spreading lies.... im not sure why he even made the video ,it serves no purpose but to make people question?

HQ IS THE ONE HELPING CAUSE THIS CONFUSION . I woke up this morning to several phone calls and emails asking the samething. WHO NEEDS ENEMIES WHEN YOU HAVE HQ

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 12:17 PM
ill just tell people to call HQ ,im tired of explaining crap that HQ causes

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Put on your poker faces!

damien88
03-07-2008, 12:26 PM
No he didn't drop out. tell your friends to watch the video and it will/should explain it to them. I agree we should talk to HQ and ask them to better explain his speech made during the video. Also support the Liberty Pac:D

Penners
03-07-2008, 12:27 PM
It looks like he is dropping out.... here is most recent CNN article. Of course there is NADA on the offical website....

(CNN) -- A spokesman for Ron Paul's presidential campaign said Friday that the Texas congressman is ending his run for the White House.

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) ran for president as a Libertarian in 1988.

"We are acknowledging that Ron will not be the nominee and that we are winding down the campaign," said Jesse Benton, the Paul campaign's communication manager.

Paul hinted the end was near in a video to supporters posted on YouTube on Thursday.

"Though victory in the conventional political sense is not available in the presidential race, many victories have been achieved due to your hard work and enthusiasm," Paul said in the video.

His comments came two days after Sen. John McCain became the presumptive GOP nominee.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, announced Tuesday he was quitting the race after McCain victories in Tuesday's primaries, leaving Paul as his only opponent.

Benton said the campaign encourages supporters to continue to take part in primary process and that Paul would honor requests from supporters to speak.

"We still think we can influence the debate and build an organization moving forward that brings the GOP back to its roots," Benton said.

Paul, who ran for president as a Libertarian in 1988, is the sole Republican candidate to call for a U.S. withdrawal from Iraq. He is a distant fourth in the GOP delegate count, behind McCain, Huckabee and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.

"We must remember, elections are short-term efforts," Paul said. "Revolutions are long-term projects."

Paul's "Hope for America" campaign has been a grassroots effort, focusing on a "limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies," according to his Web site.

"But even with the past year's achievements, we're still the early stages of bringing about the changes that this revolution is all about."

abe447
03-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Yes. Jesse Benton has confirmed it. "We are acknowledging that Ron will not be the nominee and that we are winding down the campaign," said Jesse Benton, the Paul campaign's communication manager.

adam1mc
03-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I won't believe it until I hear the words come from Dr. Pauls own mouth...

Penners
03-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I'd say don't hold your breath waiting on communication from HQ. I totally blame them for the poor results of the campaign. No, RP would not likely be elected even with a great campaign team, but he sure would have had much better numbers.... imho.

KewlRonduderules
03-07-2008, 12:33 PM
According to HQ, he is NOT dropping out!

Looks like the MSM is twisting words here.

Penners
03-07-2008, 12:37 PM
OK. Pardon my french but this is FUCKING RIDICULOUS! One person says Jesse Benson confirms it.. another says HQ says it's not true. WHY can't HQ send out a simple email or post for all of us saying straight up what is going on.

It just makes me even angrier at HQ.

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 12:40 PM
If he is dropping out then why would he say he's going to continue visiting states and picking up delegates in the video?

ziggrl
03-07-2008, 12:40 PM
I just heard on National Public Radio that he dropped out. I watched his video from yesterday and am getting mixed feelings.

KewlRonduderules
03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
If he is dropping out then why would he say he's going to continue visiting states and picking up delegates in the video?

Exactly!

The MSM reaches a new low.

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 12:42 PM
I Cannot Believe How Much Msm Coverage This Is Getting.

d03boy
03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Can you guys even fucking read? "winding down" is not the same as dropping out. It is very obvious and clear that he IS NOT DROPPING OUT and he is simply stating that he won't be CAMPAIGNING because he realizes he has a job and other things to do -- and it would be fruitless anyway. He's staying in so people can vote for him. MSM purposely twists this into some BS

Penners
03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
All I can get at HQ is an answering machine

goldstandard
03-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Have you seen the "Now there are two" button?

VaderM5
03-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I think the campaign is just going into hibernation mode for the time being.

Edu
03-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Urge HQ to update main page.

pcosmar
03-07-2008, 01:07 PM
OK. Pardon my french but this is FUCKING RIDICULOUS! One person says Jesse Benson confirms it.. another says HQ says it's not true. WHY can't HQ send out a simple email or post for all of us saying straight up what is going on.

You are angry at HQ because YOU believe the MSM Lies. :confused::confused:

theantirobot
03-07-2008, 01:10 PM
He should have left it up to grass roots from the very beginning.

Penners
03-07-2008, 01:11 PM
No, I am not angry because I believe the MSM lies. I am angry because HQ puts out videos that ask people to read between the lines... and different people interpret the video differently. Personally, it did sound to me like he will not be competing but not officially ending the campaign. Also, the CNN article stated that a spokesperson said TODAY that he was ending the campaign. If that is a misinterpretation by MSM it is because HQ is talking in circles.
THAT is what pisses me off.

Join The Paul Side
03-07-2008, 01:12 PM
CNN has been reporting all day that Ron Paul has dropped out. I hate those bastards. :mad:

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 01:15 PM
He should have left it up to grass roots from the very beginning.

Well ppl around here don't exactly get along and the trolls are plentiful. We did our best and will continue to.

Hey ABC, CNN, & MSM - I know you are here - FOFF!!!!!!!!!!

TurtleBurger
03-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I hate to be a pessimist, but the campaign has had nearly a day to rebut the MSM's interpretation of this video, and they haven't done so. I think they may be right on this one. :(

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Campaign is winding down, RP is not. Grassroots is not. Become a delegate. RP is the campaign - He is a busy man.

JS4Pat
03-07-2008, 01:21 PM
CNN has been reporting all day that Ron Paul has dropped out. I hate those bastards. :mad:

IT'S THE FREAKIN' NATIONAL HQs (RON PAUL'S) FAULT!!!!

You don't speak in code on something as BASIC as "are you in or are you out"!!!

WTF are you blaming CNN for? I'd probably report it the same way!

Penners
03-07-2008, 01:22 PM
RP has made it clear from the beginning that the REVOLUTION is about more than him and his candidacy. For many of us the RP candidacy is what opened our eyes to the need for REAL change ... probably within the Republican party. And thankfully, based on posts by delegates and media articles about delegates, many new faces are showing up on the scene who can effect some change in the party.

Also, many of us are angry, disappointed, fed-up with the inexcusable incompetence of HQ and the pathetic campaign efforts. Had they done a competent job... RP's numbers would have not been in single digits. Being disgusted does not make any of us trolls. Seeing the writing on the wall for a presidential nomination does not make a troll. There are plenty of folks that I believe are committed to the RP Revolution who have been cursed, accused and belittled on this forum. That is sad because they are trying to get us to see the BIG PICTURE.

People are frustrated and are taking it out on each other. I believe that a STRAIGHT ANSWER from HQ in simple terms would reunite us for the common goal of making long term changes to get our country back.

JS4Pat
03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
I believe that a STRAIGHT ANSWER from HQ in simple terms would reunite us for the common goal of making long term changes to get our country back.

But are they (HQs) up for such a tall task. I mean to tell the donors & supporters of the candidate whether or not the candidate is still running for the GOP nomination. It's a tall order. :rolleyes:

I'm betting they are not up to the task and more and more time will be wasted arguing and more and more supporters will drift away from the movement... :(

So pathetic...

mello
03-07-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm not believing it until Congressman Paul releases a video or press conference that has him saying that he is actually dropping out of the presidential race (like all the other candidates before him). These assumptions from the MSM about that video piss me off especially since Congressman Paul never explicitly said that he was quitting.

Penners
03-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Several posts on Daily Paul are supporters who have allegedly talked to HQ and Carol Paul. They say that RP is "winding down" but NOT dropping out. They are also calling for Jesse Benton to be fired for making his comments to the media.

HQ needs to put out a statement NOW!

Maltheus
03-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I was in a Ron Paul office last night when the press called for comment on Ron Paul dropping out. We knew nothing about it (including a paid campaign worker) and then went out to check the video. Nothing about the video led me to believe he was dropping out, so I figured it was the media simply anticipating what he was going to say and that we wouldn't hear anything more about it. But given the confusion and the fact that the campaign hasn't said anything to contradict the media reports, now I'm starting to wonder.

This is going to be a pain in the ass for us at Saturday's county convention since we don't know what to sell or how to sell it. I'm not sure what head-quarter's problem is with all the cryptic moves, but I think I'm just in this to hang out with the supporters at this point. I'll be changing my registration to independent or Libertarian the day after the national convention. This movement is now going to splinter into a million directions (all competing for my money as cynical as it seems to be getting). I'll pick it back up once one of those directions starts picking up some steam. But right now, I don't even know what we're trying to achieve. Tell me Ron, why am I leaving my house at 6:30am on a Saturday morning to fight for you at the county convention. What do you want us to achieve for the campaign? Anything? Bueller? Bueller?

Penners
03-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm leaving my house at 7 am tomorrow as well for the convention... are you in NC?

Maltheus
03-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm leaving my house at 7 am tomorrow as well for the convention... are you in NC?

No, El Paso County, Colorado. We have a nice table set up, a bunch of us with Ron Paul tee-shirts, and a trailer and RV set up in a circle outside for a tailgate. It should be fun. I just wish they'd schedule it a little later. Although, that may translate into low turnout for our competition, so maybe it's be good.

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 01:52 PM
For heaven's sake, Luskin turned over to McCain not too long ago. Ron can't control people's actions. We can't protect people from themselves. ANYONE could infiltrate the campaign.

affa
03-07-2008, 02:09 PM

abe is a known troll.

Penners
03-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I do not consider Abe a troll at all.

Hook
03-07-2008, 02:48 PM
For heaven's sake, Luskin turned over to McCain not too long ago. Ron can't control people's actions. We can't protect people from themselves. ANYONE could infiltrate the campaign.

Good. When they are caught, you should fire them.

txporchpisser
03-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T448243-118899921

qh4dotcom
03-07-2008, 03:06 PM
You can still donate at Ron's official website http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

This is proof he is not dropping out.

RP is too honest to accept donations after he drops out. He'd take down that donations page if he even was considering dropping out.

If you hear anymore rumors in the future, you can go to that page to clear any doubts.

qh4dotcom
03-07-2008, 03:10 PM
I Cannot Believe How Much Msm Coverage This Is Getting.

The more coverage this gets, the worst the MSM will look...Imagine saying he dropped out and in the next primary they are reporting how many votes he got.

Maybe that is his strategy...to make the MSM look bad...the CNN article is also promoting his message

Paul's "Hope for America" campaign has been a grassroots effort, focusing on a "limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies," according to his Web site.

-lotus-
03-07-2008, 03:12 PM
jesus people. learn to read. or get someone more qualified than you to read you your news. HE. DID. NOT. DROP. OUT! is that easy enough for you to understand? if anything, he's playing possum to throw everyone off guard. Im sure there are still a few tricks up this old dogs sleeve that we havent seen yet. just wait and see

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 03:16 PM
MSM Bomb.

kigol
03-07-2008, 08:19 PM
any updates?

pcosmar
03-07-2008, 08:24 PM
any updates?

To What?
Ron Paul Has Still NOT DROPPED OUT.

Edu
03-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Ron Paul is not out, he's not done yet, view the 7 min video for yourself instead of submitting to the MSM lies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_vVaZxTno

kirkblitz
03-08-2008, 01:28 AM
what will be odd is the msms WONT report his vote totals in the next primary, what do we say then?

Luft97
03-08-2008, 01:36 AM
You can still donate at Ron's official website http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

This is proof he is not dropping out.

RP is too honest to accept donations after he drops out. He'd take down that donations page if he even was considering dropping out.

If you hear anymore rumors in the future, you can go to that page to clear any doubts.

You might be able to donate still but I do not see the money counter up on the site anymore. :(

You can also still donate here: http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/

He has won the election already tho. ;)

CurtisLow
03-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Did RP drop out?

No, he did not!

RollOn2day
03-08-2008, 10:08 AM
I get the feeling that if Ron Paul were to actually say...

" I'm no longer in the race for President of the United States in 2008. You should all go about the business of changing this country in whatever way your conscience leads you. Some of you will stay within the GOP and attempt to change the platform. Others will go about this by being active in other parties. The main thing is to spread the message by any means neccessary. Now please leave me alone about continued running in this election."

...there would be some on this forum that would say...

" Hey, wait a minute. Is he still running?"

Doesn't running for President have actions that are congruent with a national campaign? Rally's? Stumping? Speeches? Going to upcoming primary states and promoting the message?
Requests for further donations? Moneybombs? Spending on advertising? etc etc etc.

I know we are suppose to stay in the stands and cheer on our team. Only problem is our team hasn't been on the field playing in over two months. The playoffs have finished and a winner of this conference has been declared...the award acceptance ceremony has already happened. We are the only ones left in the stands as the rest of the crowd has gone home. The lights in the stadium have been turned off.

And still we ask our team is still playing. Well....does it look like it? No it doesn't and I don't care what anybody says least of all the (mis) managment of the team.

If you want your team to continue to play this game...you have to get it to switch conferenceshttp://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=126930
and meet up with the winner of this conference in the Super Bowl in November.

Sorry for the football analogy but it's appropriate. Our team is not saying it quits...or that it is beaten...just that they are going to take off their uniforms, won't be attending any games and won't play in any upcoming games.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......

Edu
03-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Not a football, baseball or basketball game, not a horse race either, sorry.

Supporters just a few days ago got Paul a big win in Texas. Ron Paul is continuing to make visits where he's needed. Supporters continue. It quacks like a campaign, so it must be one.

You might want to watch this again (turn the ballgame off):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_vVaZxTno

Henry
03-08-2008, 11:22 AM
But are they (HQs) up for such a tall task. I mean to tell the donors & supporters of the candidate whether or not the candidate is still running for the GOP nomination. It's a tall order. :rolleyes:

I'm betting they are not up to the task and more and more time will be wasted arguing and more and more supporters will drift away from the movement... :(

So pathetic...

Ambiguous and clueless they are. They operated under the belief that they were half-pregnant from day one. I can’t stand the bastards!! :mad::mad:

Matthew P.
03-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Regardless of where he is, he did say that we need to continue to win as many votes as possible, and also, more importantly, delegates to the national convention.

This is only the first step though. We want to have a huge showing at the National Convention so that our voices may be heard, so that we have a chance to talk to others about the real issues facing America.

Also, the Revolution will go on. It is much bigger than his bid for presidency - the revolution will only be propagated through our efforts at all levels and that is what we must concentrate on. Become intimately acquainted with the issues, the constitution and Ron Paul's arguments, and then go out and tell people about them!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=127308

wgadget
03-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I get the feeling that if Ron Paul were to actually say...

" I'm no longer in the race for President of the United States in 2008. You should all go about the business of changing this country in whatever way your conscience leads you. Some of you will stay within the GOP and attempt to change the platform. Others will go about this by being active in other parties. The main thing is to spread the message by any means neccessary. Now please leave me alone about continued running in this election."

...there would be some on this forum that would say...

" Hey, wait a minute. Is he still running?"

Doesn't running for President have actions that are congruent with a national campaign? Rally's? Stumping? Speeches? Going to upcoming primary states and promoting the message?
Requests for further donations? Moneybombs? Spending on advertising? etc etc etc.

I know we are suppose to stay in the stands and cheer on our team. Only problem is our team hasn't been on the field playing in over two months. The playoffs have finished and a winner of this conference has been declared...the award acceptance ceremony has already happened. We are the only ones left in the stands as the rest of the crowd has gone home. The lights in the stadium have been turned off.

And still we ask our team is still playing. Well....does it look like it? No it doesn't and I don't care what anybody says least of all the (mis) managment of the team.

If you want your team to continue to play this game...you have to get it to switch conferenceshttp://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=126930
and meet up with the winner of this conference in the Super Bowl in November.

Sorry for the football analogy but it's appropriate. Our team is not saying it quits...or that it is beaten...just that they are going to take off their uniforms, won't be attending any games and won't play in any upcoming games.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......

However, in that same vein, what has really changed? What is the difference in the campaigning today from what we had three days ago? Seriously....

RollOn2day
03-08-2008, 12:12 PM
However, in that same vein, what has really changed? What is the difference in the campaigning today from what we had three days ago? Seriously....

None!

RollOn2day
03-08-2008, 12:20 PM
It quacks like a campaign, so it must be one.

It's not "quacking" like any campaign I've heard before. Are you sure it's a duck...er I mean a campaign?

or do you want to...punt...on this one!:D

JS4Pat
03-08-2008, 01:42 PM

Ahhh - no confidence that the man we are campaigning for is still in the race!

Stealth
03-08-2008, 02:25 PM
The campaign should've put another statement out immediately.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/07/AR2008030703061.html

and this one for laughs
http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i31598

Edu
03-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Rand Paul: The press is reporting that Ron Paul has quit the race. This is not true.
by Rand Paul MD (Ron Paul's Son) | March 8, 2008
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=127338
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/41819

Tell the MSM, call talk radio, here's a live updated list of shows across America:
http://www.calltalkradioforron.com/