PDA

View Full Version : McCain/Obama/Clinton: The closest race in election history

uncollapse
03-07-2008, 12:02 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

As it stands today, McCain is leading in the election polls. If it boils down to Hillary vs McCain, it will be a McCain presidency. He is viewed as a war hero, and a man with integrity in public eyes. His straight talk express can easily crush the Hillary machine.

ItsTime
03-07-2008, 12:05 PM
I dont see McCain crushing anyone?
The general election is essentially even at this point. McCain now leads Obama 46% to 45% and is tied with Clinton 46% to 46%

uncollapse
03-07-2008, 12:21 PM
I dont see McCain crushing anyone?
The general election is essentially even at this point. McCain now leads Obama 46% to 45% and is tied with Clinton 46% to 46%

I am expecting the Obama/Clinton voters to be very upset when their candidate was not the nominee. Clinton will secure the nomination at all cost. Obama voters base are not transferable to hers since it mainly compose of indepedents. McCain will stand to benefit. I am predicting a McCain presidency. McCain was also smart to keep Huckabee in the race for as long as possible, so that it allows him to stay in the media limelight. The republican party is definitely a more united party than the democratic party. This election is McCain to lose.

ItsTime
03-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Obama and Clinton will be running mates. I think that is what everyone is expecting. It would not be a smart move for them not to be running mates

uncollapse
03-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Obama and Clinton will be running mates. I think that is what everyone is expecting. It would not be a smart move for them not to be running mates

Obama can afford not to have Clinton on the ticket, but not vice versa, mainly due to transferability of voter base. If I am Obama, I will go with a democratic elder as a VP i.e. AlGore, Kerry etc to strengthen the democratic voter base. This is the reason why Obama is dodging the question of his running mate. For Clinton, she probably has no choice but to go with Obama. Her move of strongly suggesting that Obama can be on her ticket is a smart political move.