PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: As of today 3/7/08 , .....

Jason726
03-07-2008, 11:04 AM
As of today, what do you think the grassroots should be focusing our efforts on?Of course you can have more than one thing, but what do you think is the most important thing(s)?

I realize there are similar threads, but I'm wondering if opinions have changed at all. What are your thoughts?

pinkmandy
03-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Getting RP to do a press conference so he correct the media lies and let all his non-youtube followers know the movement is still here. Invite all Americans to join us in the fight for freedom. That's what we should be pushing right now imo.

Jason726
03-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I'dlove for that to happen,but will his press conference get any coverage in the press?(kinda redundant)

Elwar
03-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Here in Texas we're looking to take over the Republican Party. Maybe even unbinding McCain's 100+ national delegates.

The "new establishment" is going to look pretty different.

EvilNight
03-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Concentrate on solidifying the anti-McCain sentiment with resolutions, and keep on pushing for the convention. See if there's any chance of getting that 2/3 vote in the state conventions that will unbind that state's bound delegates and let them vote as they choose. Take it to the national convention and see what happens.

Jason726
03-07-2008, 11:15 AM
IMO, taking back the GOP by running for different public positions is the most important long-term(hopefully not too long) goal we should have.

pinkmandy
03-07-2008, 11:15 AM
I'dlove for that to happen,but will his press conference get any coverage in the press?(kinda redundant)

It would if they thought he was making a big announcement like Duncan Hunter did.

Jason726
03-07-2008, 11:17 AM
In the short term, I would say we need to take the approach EvilNight stated.

Jason726
03-07-2008, 11:18 AM
It would if they thought he was making a big announcement like Duncan Hunter did.

He should make it seem like it is a speech about him ending his campaign. That's the only way he would get good coverage.

Edu
03-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Convince delegates to vote for Ron Paul instead of going mc insane.
More RP approved Congress Critters.
Recall local politicians, causes special election then put in RP guys.
Call talk radio (http://www.calltalkradioforron.com/) and get the word out that RP is still in the race, reach millions from home, bypass MSM, kick their ass (symbolically only please).
Buy gold to save your own ass so you can continue supporting RP during the crash.
Get your birthright back (abrrp.us) and start using your god given sovereign powers again.
Turn your local County and State back to it's Constitutional Republic form.

Spirit of '76
03-07-2008, 11:19 AM
As of today, what do you think the grassroots should be focusing our efforts on?Of course you can have more than one thing, but what do you think is the most important thing(s)?

The exact same things we should have been focusing on all along: fielding candidates for other offices (especially state and local), seeking leadership positions within the Republican Party (committee chairmen, etc.), and furthering our educational outreach regarding the principles of Liberty and Free Markets.

In the meantime, if your state hasn't voted yet, keep on campaigning hard for Ron. Since the media has already anointed Insane McCain and are telling us that he's got the nomination locked, I'd imagine that voter turnout in Republican contests from here on out will be quite low. We need to take advantage of that.

Jason726
03-07-2008, 11:21 AM
I like it , Edu. I like it ALOT...

Nate K
03-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Organizing the March on D.C.!!

Did you guys forget?

www.revolutionmarch.com

Jason726
03-07-2008, 11:22 AM
The exact same things we should have been focusing on all along: fielding candidates for other offices (especially state and local), seeking leadership positions within the Republican Party (committee chairmen, etc.), and furthering our educational outreach regarding the principles of Liberty and Free Markets.

In the meantime, if your state hasn't voted yet, keep on campaigning hard for Ron. Since the media has already anointed Insane McCain and are telling us that he's got the nomination locked, I'd imagine that voter turnout in Republican contests from here on out will be quite low. We need to take advantage of that.

You are right on that, thats how i've been looking at it the whole way. There just seems to be a lot of confusion on the board.

CurtisLow
03-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Getting RP to do a press conference so he correct the media lies and let all his non-youtube followers know the movement is still here. Invite all Americans to join us in the fight for freedom. That's what we should be pushing right now imo.

+1

pepperpete1
03-07-2008, 11:35 AM

I realize there are similar threads, but I'm wondering if opinions have changed at all. What are your thoughts?

I agree with Evilnight and Spirit of 76. Also we need to get RON PAUL himself out in the face of the public. I say we need a money bomb just for a national ad.
Where Ron Paul can deliver his message, dumbed down for the general public, and let them know that the things that government have been doing are crimes against the American people. They are breaking the law when they do the unconstitutional things that they do. This has to stop.
He can spell it out in simple terms how he plans to accomplish this. Explain that it will not all take place the minute he is in office and that every American needs to NOT take their liberty for granted, they must work to defend it.

Just my opinion.

slamhead
03-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Getting involved in politics on your local level. Run for city council. Join the GOP central committees in your area. Educate people at every turn about what is at stake.

Jason726
03-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I guess a good way to look at organizing the grassroots is to have the main goals, like taking back the gop, running for office,etc. But we need to have better organizing of the side-goals like pinkmandy's idea of getting rp to do a press conference, money bombs, etc.

its the side-goals(for lack of a better term) that we need to do better, because IMO we have tanked when it comes to them. We are not producing like we used to.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Work for local candidates, but otherwise dump the GOP and help convince Ron Paul to run as an independent.

Number19
03-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Short term, the answer is obvious : the State Conventions, the National Convention & the Washington March.

But starting next January, we need to coalesce into a more coherent national organization that allows a dependability of a core group of activists and allows not only the fielding of candidates at all levels of government, but allows the movement to recognize these candidates as being dependable RP republicans/libertarians.

We also need to raise obscene amounts of money in preparation for the 2012 presidential campaign. Obama raised a record $55M in February alone and has gathered more than 1M contributors.

The grassroots will continue to be the voice of the Revolution, but we need this core group to be the leadership.

Having been involved in Ron Paul Meet-Ups, I have come to the conclusion that this national cohesiveness and dependability is somewhat lacking. Some might dispute this, but the vote totals fell far, far short of what many were expecting. This also offers the suggestion that depending largely on the "grassroots" is not completely reliable in the sense that this strategy is not sufficient to overcome the inertia of the status quo.

Ball
03-07-2008, 04:05 PM
1) Getting more delegates. With delegates you ARE the party. I wouldn't bother wasting time convincing the media or the sheeple. Winning delegates is all about being an insider in your own precinct, then your own county, then your own state.

2) Keep Ron and his dumbass staff away from keyboards and video cameras until we boot McCain at the national convention.

3) Stop wasting time organizing a tiny march which will be ignored. Unless we amass support from disparate groups like NORML, 2nd amendment groups, anti-illegal immigration groups, etc. and give them all a forum to speak and make the other groups squirm, we simply won't have the numbers. Did anybody remember the last march? The half-million anti-war march? No? We don't even have those numbers. Marches have been going on and I'd have to sleuth to know they even happened.

4) Instead organize a huge anti-McCain rally at the national convention.

5) Support Muray Sabrin for Senate. This would be HUGE!