PDA

View Full Version : Need to send a strong message to HQ

voytechs
03-07-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't want Ron Paul to end before the convention, we need him all the way to the where we can use our delegates to take the GOP back and even possibly the presidency by unbinding the currently bound delegates. We have the majority in our corner to get this done.

I and others (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/019850.html)have noticed a hint in the message last night that it might be all coming to a close in the near future. We can't let that happen. Dr. Paul said he will continue to be in the race until we stopped supporting him and/or the money dries out. Well my friends I think we only contributed something like $100K in the entire month of Feb. The ticker is not moving up at all. We've been sending him the wrong message and I believe there was a response from him, in yesterday's message.

We need to send a strong message to Dr. Paul that we are still here and will support him to the end. Nothing else matters. We need a BIG money bomb that will generate again millions.

So lets pick a theme, a date a few weeks out so we can build momentum for it and donate big. Once again shock the establishment that we're not going away and neither is Dr. Paul or his message.

sheepledog
03-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Good point. He told us exactly how he'll determine the future of the campaign--through the amount of donations coming in and the support he receives. He's not going to kick and scream about this any more, because he ALREADY TOLD US what it will take to continue.

So lets see....

donations = flatlined

message we are sending him? Certainly not a very encouraging one.

At this rate--we'll soon be reaping exactly what we haven't sowed.

robert4rp08
03-07-2008, 04:17 PM
He still has like $6 million left from what I remember. That should be plenty enough to last until the convention.

aksmith
03-07-2008, 04:24 PM
He has tried to kill the campaign twice. First, with a lousy email. And now with that awful video. In doing so, he killed all donation possibilities. I won't send him another nickel. And I wouldn't wipe my behind with his book. He left the field while we're still in a fight with the GOP in every single state. Shame on him and shame on the idiots he's listening to.

Yeah, let's please raise some more money to pay their salaries. Great idea.

Ball
03-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Look, some grassroots people are trying to get to the bottom of this. Can we calm down in the meantime?

I don't think the official campaign can effectively use funds from now on, anyway (with the exception of PA, due to their unique delegate election rules). It's all about Muray Sabrin, local races, and local delegate contests.

kirkblitz
03-07-2008, 04:36 PM
he has 6 mil, somehow i think he can manage on a shoestring budget till september

VoteForRonPaul
03-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I do not see any reason why the people would be mad.
I did not see anything says that Ron Paul is going to give up.
The further we will go the more McCain will suffer. We need to cause him a bankruptcy by the time we reach the convention. Come on guys let us keep going!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ziggrl
03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
The donation ticker is gone on his website.

voytechs
03-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Some people won't donate as they don't understand that the campaign needs money. I doubt he has the 6mil in the bank. The campaign has bills and staff which all costs money.

They reason the ticker is gone because its counter productive now with no money coming in for last several weeks. People need to donate if you want Dr. Paul to stay in the race. He won't continue without our financial support, period.

So if we won't plan on another money bomb, then that really does mean the end of the campaign and its not Dr. Paul that ending it; its us. It costs money to spread the message have staff, fly around the country etc. Not to mention we have a shot at winning the primary. McCain doesn't have enough bound delegates to win on the first ballot.

You guys are ready to give up? I'm not. The nay-sayers are winning right now though.

berrybunches
03-07-2008, 05:47 PM
I just donated $10. Its only $10 and if he does not use it/drops out it will still go to his liberty PAC to help other candidates

Why not just donate $10

Jodi
03-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Was listening to glenn beck today and he had wayne root libertarian candidate on. I haven't researched him but he sounded like RP only more enthusiastic. And beck liked him even with his foreign policy being like RP's. His foreign policy was to declare victory in Iraq then get out as we can't afford it. When asked about Iran he said he was hesitant to trust the gov on their intel and would not want to attack them because wars are very expensive. I was furious at RP for not getting his message across like this guy did and beck for liking this guy who is like Ron Paul. What the freakin hell????

Thomas Paine
03-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Ron Paul can, and will, legally transfer funds raised for his presidential campaign to his congressional campaign.

The Proservative
03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I agree, donate now if possible.

He needs to remain in the race through September, to the convention.

Feelgood
03-07-2008, 07:49 PM
https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/