2. Fred Thompson – 19.96%
3. Ron Paul – 18.87%
4. Rudy Giuliani – 11.61%
5. John McCain – 4.12%
6. Mike Huckabee – 3.04%
7. Sam Brownback – 1.08%
8. Duncan Hunter - .65%
9. Tom Tancrado - .33%

This is the greatest news of this campaign YET ! I have not heard a word on the TV news. There have been two statewide republican straw polls Dr. Paul has easily defeated (the MSM front runner) Ghouliani and (the former front runner) McCain. This also shows RP has national appeal. The pathetic showing of Huckabee, McCain, Brownback, Tancredo & of course Hunter show they don't. We cannot depend on the MSM to help us. Each of us need to contact our local media (TV,RADIO & Newspapers) with this information. We also should email the MSM and ask them if they have the results: "I saw these figures and wonder if you can verify this percentage on Huckabee (or on Brownback, or on McCain, this way they may show the entire list) ? I have been waiting to verify and haven't seen it reported on your station. I understand Romney bought this one also by busing in voters and paying their expenses". Everyone remember the numbers don't matter it's about the percentages. Always talk in percentages.

This can knock the wind out of Ghouliani, Huckabee, Brownback & Tancredo's sails if the word will get out. It really is embarassing for the bottom five and Ghouliani is supposed to be the "BIGTIME" front runner and he runs fourth in a key state like IL. That's not good friends !!! We must try to help get this out to the general public. With Alabama on Saturday this could be the start of a large move by Dr. Paul

Anyone willing to help ? Everyone contact your local media. It might make the morning TV news if we just contact them. To stop double coverage and so we can see if we get any results what about...
Each person with the first initial of their last name contact a news station & one of two of our old friends (ask Jon & Corbert how Ghoully is the front runner and RP has defeated him handily in both (hopefully 3 with AL) of the first statewide straw polls...
initials
A-C) ABC NEWS *Colbert Report (thank him for the Colbert BUMP)
D-F) CBS NEWS " "
G-I) NBC NEWS " "
J-L) FOX NEWS " "
M-O) CNN *Jon Stewart (Daily Show, thank him for his campaign advice)
P-R) MSNBC " "
S-U) Headline New " "
V-X) CNBC " "
Y-Z) Bloomberg *Jon Stewart (Daily Show, thank him for his campaign advice)

PLZ consider helping, this can be one of the most important things we can do at this time. Let's get all the local coverage we can. Thanks

Don't worry about Romney, he won't be able to buy the nomination. If he (or his people) is caught buying votes in actual primaries or caucuses it would end his political career in disgrace. He is hoping to build such a lead it will run everyone else out of the race now with these buying schemes in these non-official pre-race events. I don't think American likes someone attempting to buy an election. I think history would agree with that point.

Again, this is GREAT NEWS friends !!!!!!!! We can WIN this race...

Slugg
08-16-2007, 11:33 PM
How many people voted in this poll?

Wyurm
08-16-2007, 11:40 PM
How many people voted in this poll?

I did. I don't know the exact number, but there were alot of people that voted.

LibertyEagle
08-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Hundreds or thousands?

Ron Paul Fan
08-16-2007, 11:44 PM

Bro.Butch
08-17-2007, 08:12 AM
You need to talk in percentages, stop worrying about total numbers. These sample polls driving Hillary & Ghouliani to the nominations have less people involved than the IL straw poll had to vote !!! Bill Clinton receives over $3 million of our taxpayer money per year (for security, office expenses, etc.) to this day and he never got a majority of the less than half of the people who bothered to vote. He just got the highest percentage in the right states.

IL held a republican straw poll, any resident of the state could vote. It matters not how many showed up. each candidate's supporters had an equal chance to show up and vote. IL is a MUCH more representative state of the U.S. population than the almost all white Iowa. IL results should be reported to the nation just as Iowa . These results are important to help Dr. Paul. If anyone cannot see that you really don't understand Presidential politics. Every victory small or large must be claimed as you build momentum. IL gives a clearer picture of the non-superrich candidates true strength. Ghouliani isn't as strong as the MSM is saying as the first two state straw polls have shown.

Romney can continue to attempt to buy the nomination but it will fail in the end. Huckabee (preceived MOVER in the race)can be appearing all over the TV getting millions of $ of free positive coverage because of a "buying scheme" straw poll, when really he doesn't have enough real support to draw 4% of the vote in the IL state"free" straw poll. Same with Brownback and Tancredo (with less of the free TV, but also less the support in a large midwest state). **Huckabee is a complete media and special interest driven candidate, being pushed to hopefully keep the religious right from supporting RP. If the religious groups backed RP he would be on his way to the nomination. Presidential politics is a spin game. Dr. Paul's people aren't trained spinners as the Romney camp & others, so we need to HELP him spin every chance we can. This is one of those chances !

RP defeated six of seven declared candidates in IL. Some were embarassed ! It deserves to be reported to the nation. TV. radio and newspapers are the ways to reach the general public. We have a narrow window to have it reported on these mediums. I have emailed Headline news (my last name first initial starts with S, please see above post) and local media. If you want Dr. Paul to win, I highly recommend you make a few emails today to the media about covering the results of the IL republican straw poll.

If not us, who ?

**www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2007/08/01/us/politics/20070802FOX_GRAPHIC.html
MSM FACE TIME