PDA

View Full Version : Iowa County Conventions 3/08 - Friday night rallies/speech

malibuu
03-07-2008, 09:19 AM
All Ron Paul supporters from Eastern Iowa are cordially invited to meet fellow Republicans
and Republican Liberty Caucus supporters at the Iowa City Athletic Club, 1360 Melrose Avenue
tonight between 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm

It's the night before the Iowa County Conventions across the state on Saturday, March 8..

btw, Johnson County convention will be held at West High School and WE NEED MORE DELEGATES -
there ARE slots open due to the attrition of several candidates like Rudy, Fred, and Willard Mitt.

Iowa's U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley will be the keynote speaker for the informal gathering.
Students are especially encouraged to attend and need NOT worry about donations.

http://grassley.senate.gov/public/

http://grassley.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressReleases.Detail&PressRelease_id=86a3f5b2-f153-107d-759b-d0f4e5c79796

libertythor
03-07-2008, 09:21 AM
bump...please keep bumped...pass on to Iowa meetups

malibuu
03-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Just a quick update . . .

we done very well at the Johnson County, Iowa county convention today March 8 -
with a good slate of maybe 14 RP delegates moving on - with some of our previous alternate delegates getting picked up as well.

btw, Johnson County, IA is the University of Iowa and also is the former
congressional district of Republican Jim Leach - who along with RP had voted
against the Iraqi War Resaolution Act of 2002.

nate895
03-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Just a quick update . . .

we done very well at the Johnson County, Iowa county convention today March 8 -
with a good slate of maybe 14 RP delegates moving on - with some of our previous alternate delegates getting picked up as well.

btw, Johnson County, IA is the University of Iowa and also is the former
congressional district of Republican Jim Leach - who along with RP had voted
against the Iraqui War Resaolution Act of 2002.

Know anything about the other conventions.

malibuu
03-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Know anything about the other conventions.

not yet, but starting to get emails from other Iowa meetups -

I expect other of Jim Leach's old counties in eastern Iowa like Scott County (Davenport) and Dubuque County and Jefferson County to report in.

nate895
03-08-2008, 05:25 PM
not yet, but starting to get emails from other Iowa meetups -

I expect other of Jim Leach's old counties in eastern Iowa like Scott County (Davenport) and Dubuque County and Jefferson County to report in.

Awesome, keep us informed of any events you can as long as you don't divulge anything we don't want the anti-Paul crowd to see.

IDefendThePlatform
03-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I went to the Pottawattamie county convention today, but am not sure how many Ron Paul delegates (other than myself) will be moving on to the district and state level. Pottawattamie filled its entire slate of 75 delegates to these two conventions for the first time ever, so I'm sure some are RP supporters, but I would guess most are not. If there are enough RP supporters from other counties in the state and if we could somehow get organized enough to vote for each other, we might be able to send some RP supporters to Minneapolis.

malibuu
03-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I went to the Pottawattamie county convention today . . .

Great job in Council Bluffs (Omaha Metropolitan area) - like most counties that were Willard Mitt Romney on January 3rd -
there is alot of attrition and more RP delegates are in the pipeline for the state convention and hopefully
some for the national convention - more than ANY media like Sean "Moe" Hannity would dare report.

pepperpete1
03-08-2008, 09:18 PM
This is good news. Let's hope there is more attrition in other states as well.
Good job people! Keep us informed please..

Cowlesy
03-09-2008, 11:34 AM
bump for a great grassroots thread