PDA

View Full Version : What about tapping out the Libertarian Party in your area?

jasonhlasvegas
08-16-2007, 11:08 PM
I think many of the Libertarians in my community have already joined the Ron Paul campaign, but this is the most fertile ground for volunteers. It may be wise to give them the hard sell about the attributes of Ron Paul and the benefit of joining the volunteer groups. Even going so far as to attending their functions, and getting a hold of the phone numbers, emails, and addresses of their members would be very valuable even if only a few people are recruited.

What do you guys think?

markpa
08-17-2007, 07:30 AM
The local Libertarian party have shown outstanding support for Ron Paul in my area. They make up a large part of our meet up and are among the most active members. I am so pleased with their professionalism and devotion that I will probably end up volunteering for them in the future.:D I personally want to stay a registered Republican though because there is usually atleast one person I like in the primary.

austin356
08-17-2007, 07:40 AM
I have the local Chairman in my meetup group.

Also tap into University Libertarian organizations. These people are typically young, passionate and stuffed with more energy than most can effectively harness.

mdh
08-17-2007, 08:36 AM
I think many of the Libertarians in my community have already joined the Ron Paul campaign, but this is the most fertile ground for volunteers. It may be wise to give them the hard sell about the attributes of Ron Paul and the benefit of joining the volunteer groups. Even going so far as to attending their functions, and getting a hold of the phone numbers, emails, and addresses of their members would be very valuable even if only a few people are recruited.

What do you guys think?

Totally. If you're in Las Vegas as your name says, you'd do well to say hi to Jim D in the LP Nevada over there. I've spoken with him, and he's a really cool guy.

noxagol
08-17-2007, 09:06 AM
As far as I know, two of my friends ARE the libertarian party in my area lol.

Badger Paul
08-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Our Minnesota meetup group meets at the state Libertarian Party HQ in St. Paul

DeadheadForPaul
08-17-2007, 10:37 AM
From what I've seen, the Libertarians are all out in full force for Dr. Paul (myself included)

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Libertarian support is essential, but they will have to register Republican to vote for RP in some states.

Also, they will have to be registered Republican if they want to go to conventions and be delegates.