PDA

View Full Version : What happens if Delegates vote for Ron Paul at NRC?

robertwerden
03-07-2008, 08:44 AM
We all know the state conventions have not happened yet so we really dont know what the official delegate count will be.

That being said it is more than likely the bound delegates will be slated for McCain. I know for a FACT that some of us plan on going to the NRC no matter who we have to bind our delegate vote for. I personally will tell them what ever they want to hear in order to get my self to the NRC in September. When I get there and it is time to cast my vote, it will go to Ron Paul even if im bound to someone else.

With that vote I will face the consequences of my actions. The question is what is the penalty? If my vote is in violation of party rules, can they make my vote not count?

What happens if 1191 of us crash the party and vote the same? Does this force replacement of us by an alternate delegate? Can they take our vote away from us?

I personally will face the penalty even if it is a violation of federal law to express my right to the first amendment.

Thoughts?

acptulsa
03-07-2008, 08:51 AM
There might be a state law. Check your state. You will be expelled from the Republican Party. Wah.

nate895
03-07-2008, 09:12 AM
There might be a state law. Check your state. You will be expelled from the Republican Party. Wah.

No, you won't (unless you don't change the rules at the state convention), and I haven't found any states with a law yet.

malibuu
03-07-2008, 09:24 AM
In Iowa the delegates are always able to vote their conscience -

I am not sure what reprimands are possible in other states,