PDA

View Full Version : TREAT THE GOP,like they treated RON PAUL

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Instead of attacking me.try taking your frustration out on the gop ,they treated ron paul,like im gonna treat the gop.

I JOINED THE GOP FOR RON PAULS MESSAGE , what part of reality dont you people get.

THEY THE GOP TREATED RON PAUL exactly like im gonna treat them
IM BLACKING OUT THE GOP FOR LIFE,they asked for it ,they are gonna get it. MY TIME IS BETTER SPENT SUPPORTING A CANDIDATE OUTSIDE OF THE 2 OLD PARTIES.

THE GOP IS `100% to blame the gop is kicking me out of their party by their corrupt actions and inactions about RON PAUL...

THE GOP SHOULD BE CALLED THE SCUM PARTY:mad:

VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT A REPUBLICAN....;)

I can only hope Ron Paul runs indy or as a vp for someone outside the scum party.

the gop deserves nothing after what they pulled on ron paul.
I SAY TO EVERYONE TREAT THE GOP JUST LIKE THEY TREATED RON PAUL....

Rahl
03-07-2008, 08:43 AM
you seem to have a very shortsighted view of things

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 08:57 AM

the gop rejected his message. you seem to ignore reality. THE GOP DOESNT DESERVE my vote ,so they will not get it.

I can always rejoin after the general election.
I'm gonna support a candidate that supports my views not a party that ignores them. BLAME THE GOP NOT ME .

I will give the same treatment to the gop that they gave RON PAUL

im sorry scaling back is what the HQ just said ,scaling back isnt a word they should be using,but they did. that was enough for me,if they are scalling back ,then im moving on to a better message for someone that will actually run for president.

I dont need the republican party i already know what they will do,the same thing the dems do ,take my money and screw the constitution

ANYONE DEFENDING THE SCUM/GOP ,must me A GOP LOYALIST and they are THE F'IN PROBLEM

WilliamC
03-07-2008, 09:01 AM
I agree I'm not voting for McCain, but I'm staying in the Republican Party so I can work at the local level to win it back for Constitutional principles.

Your mileage may vary ;)

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:05 AM
I agree I'm not voting for McCain, but I'm staying in the Republican Party so I can work at the local level to win it back for Constitutional principles.

Your mileage may vary ;)

yeah i had good mileage but it seems the GOP sucked my gas out by their scummy ways.
TO ME THE GOP IS SCUM JUST LIKE THE DEM'S
whats the difference between the Dem and a republican, one is a dingle berry and the other is diarrhea. they both need to be purged.. the gop smells like shit to me after what the GOP PULLED ON RON PAUL .. the msm is not to blame .THE GOP IS 100% to be blamed for the ron paul blackout.

SCREW THE GOP

acptulsa
03-07-2008, 09:07 AM
To screw the G.O.P. you have to get inside them...

libertythor
03-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Does that justify voting for a neocon Democrat? Lets work within the GOP and continue with the long term strategy. At the same time we should postulate an independent Bob Barr or Walter Williams run for November so that we have somebody to vote for.

the gop rejected his message. you seem to ignore reality. THE GOP DOESNT DESERVE my vote ,so they will not get it.

I can always rejoin after the general election.
I'm gonna support a candidate that supports my views not a party that ignores them. BLAME THE GOP NOT ME .

I will give the same treatment to the gop that they gave RON PAUL

im sorry scaling back is what the HQ just said ,scaling back isnt a word they should be using,but they did. that was enough for me,if they are scalling back ,then im moving on to a better message for someone that will actually run for president.

I dont need the republican party i already know what they will do,the same thing the dems do ,take my money and screw the constitution

ANYONE DEFENDING THE SCUM/GOP ,must me A GOP LOYALIST and they are THE F'IN PROBLEM

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:10 AM

call the gop,they are shortsighted,they are deaf dumb and blind and they are to blame. I will encourage every democrat to vote indy or at least vote for anyone but a republican . i just might put a few signs on my yard a indy and a dem . anyone but a scummy republican

after what the gop has pulled on ron paul. i hope republicans put a big r next to their name. they dont stand a chance in election. will enjoy watching them implode.......

IF you are republican remember you must vote mccain because the gop tolsd you so ,good luck;)

I know what im gonna say on caucus day.

the gop earned nothing by me. I OWE THE GOP NOTHING,they walked all over Ron Paul. I will walk all over them

Jason726
03-07-2008, 09:10 AM
You already made a thread just like this. Senior member, huh?

To quote another poster because it greatly applies,"You seem to have a very shortsighted view of things."

Jason726
03-07-2008, 09:12 AM
We are taking the GOP BACK. GOT IT ?

Stick with it and see what happens,and support the leaders of this movement that want us to try and take the GOP back. I'm starting to wonder what your intentions are.......

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Does that justify voting for a neocon Democrat? Lets work within the GOP and continue with the long term strategy. At the same time we should postulate an independent Bob Barr or Walter Williams run for November so that we have somebody to vote for.

i like to think the reason ron pauls message grabbed is because for the last 12 yrs i told both parties to kiss my ass ,as many americans did .
THE LAST 3 ELECTIONS HAVE HAD MORE PEOPLE VOTE OUTSIDE OF THE 2 old scummy parties. More americans voted outside the parties then ever in american history,both parties want status quo.
BOTH PARTIES ARE SCARED WE WILL STOP VOTING FOR THEM. IT HAS ALREADY BEEN HAPPENING.thats why Ron Pauls message was heard ,because people like me havent been voting for these scum. i have voted for local republicans,but there are plenty of alternate parties to vote for instead of wasting it on scummy parties like the gop
GOP=SCUM after what they pulled on ron paul

Jason726
03-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Heres the other thread he just made http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=126979

Now there are one of three things going on:
1) You don't understand what a supporter of this movement should be doing.
2) You are trying to divide, confuse, and hurt this movement.
3) You are just plain ol' dumb.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Heres the other thread he just made http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=126979

Now there are one of three things going on:
1) You don't understand what a supporter of this movement should be doing.
2) You are trying to divide, confuse, and hurt this movement.
3) You are just plain ol' dumb.

how about taking your anger to the gop and not me. you must be a gop loyalist good luck with mccain

JS4Pat
03-07-2008, 09:18 AM
I share people's anger, frustration and hatred for the GOP. It almost sickens me to be amongst those lemmings who refuse to open up their minds and at least just listen to the powerful & simple message we are trying so hard to spread.

However...

What good is it to solely focus on bashing the GOP? I mean seriously - beyond the short-term personal satisfaction of "getting it off our chests" we will do nothing to advance our agenda this way.

The party label is meaningless to me...

If the Democrat, Libertarian or Constitutional Party presented the best vehicle for advancing our message - I'd support a move in that direction. But the fact is they don't. Although we can pull a lot of Dems with the Peace and Personal Liberty aspects of our message - the core of that party doesn't embrace our economic message - plus they are rallying behind the shallow rhetorich of Obama. We don't stand much of a chance of impacting that party - at least in 2008. The third parties just have too many additional obstacles to climb - perception, ballot access, media exposure, money, etc.

The GOP on the other hand is in disaray. There is still a chunk of "the base" who can be turned our way. If we (Ron Paulers) unite around the cause of TAKING OVER the power sructure of the GOP and dedicate ourselves in the same way we have done in promoting RP - It's Achievable!

I believe this is how we can do it! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111402)

Will you join this cause?

acptulsa
03-07-2008, 09:18 AM

Oh, stop with the intentions insinuations already. This is no time for divisiveness. I personally think campaigns to beat the G.O.P. down from without and build it up in a new form from within are not only not counterproductive, but probably both necessary to root the neocons from it. The parts that need to be removed must be weakened even as we strengthen the parts we need. There's nothing wrong with a two-pronged attack. Many have succeeded before.

Just because your brother is on the other battle front does not mean he's not fighting the same war!

Jason726
03-07-2008, 09:20 AM
how about taking your anger to the gop and not me. you must be a gop loyalist good luck with mccain

What kind of a response is that? It sounds like a one-liner that McCain would give in a debate.

Rahl
03-07-2008, 09:20 AM
ok so now we know that the gop is scum for what they did to ron.
we also know that the democrats are scum for doing the same to dennis (tho on a smaller level, they were lucky his message never caught on fire).

is the solution really to go 3rd party ?
or isn't it more of a shortsighted "HA i showed it both scumparties, look your numbers declined". nothing changed but you are satisfied for a while.

i just can't see any good coming out of going 3rd party, but i'm open to hear why you think it will have an impact.

Jason726
03-07-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm loyal to no party(s). I am loyal to the freedom/ free markets / small government message.

heartless
03-07-2008, 09:27 AM
ever hear the golden rule?

Todd
03-07-2008, 09:29 AM
So in a two party system that needs radical change, you have to work within that system before it can change. I think that was Ron's entire premise and why he didn't go third party and would not leave the Republican party

So decide today that we will take back an established party returning it to it's Goldwater/ Buckley/ Taft/ Rockefeller foundations.

The Republican party needs a platform revolution. It's too simplistic and narrow to throw out the entire structure. That's what Liberals believe.

Jason726
03-07-2008, 09:32 AM
The OP really needs to watch this video. Seriously, you must watch this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958

When you hear him say" The best way to fight these pirates is to stage a counter-cuo and retake the ship,"you will know what I am talking about.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:33 AM
You already made a thread just like this. Senior member, huh?

To quote another poster because it greatly applies,"You seem to have a very shortsighted view of things."
jason stop bitching if you dont like the thread then dont f'in post geez good luck with mccain
i dont need the republican party but after the election they might need me,but until that time my vote will be going to someone that actually will be running for president in 2008

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:35 AM
We are taking the GOP BACK. GOT IT ?

Stick with it and see what happens,and support the leaders of this movement that want us to try and take the GOP back. I'm starting to wonder what your intentions are.......

sure you are in 4 yrs but it isnt going to happen in 2008,if you think so your the delusional one. I'll give the republicans one more chance after the general election,until then the gop will be treated just like they treated ron paul

the gop lost my vote already ,blame them not me. try calling the gop instead of posting against me.

Jason726
03-07-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm not voting for McCain, and I am gonna bitch because you are giving bad info to people that can hurt this movement. And I don't appreciate thatnor will I sit here and let you do it.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:37 AM
I CALLED HQ ,thats all i needed,they said they are scaling back,so im gonna support a candidate that is actually running in 2008..

Bob Barr or anyone but mccain ,maybe ron will run as a vp outside the gop if not not my problem. take your argument to the gop,they are the ones that lost my vote not Ron Paul

Rahl
03-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Are you some sort of celebrity ?
No?
Then why do you create threads like this for months, we all know where you stand by now.
We accept your opinions but i think the majority here has had enough.

If atleast you would try to state something worthwile ... no. All you do is whine about how unfair the GOP treated YOU.

Newsflash, we all saw what the media/GOP did to Ron.
This feels like, you visit a footballgame and cheer for a team that isn't even competing that night, to me.

Jason726
03-07-2008, 09:39 AM
you don't have to vote for McCain if you are a Rep.

Jason726
03-07-2008, 09:42 AM
In case the OP missed my earlier post, Watch this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958

It will help you.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm not voting for McCain, and I am gonna bitch because you are giving bad info to people that can hurt this movement. And I don't appreciate thatnor will I sit here and let you do it.

not 1 hr ago ,they are scaling back. There will be a candidate other then mccain to vote for. My vote is going to a person that runs for president in 2008 . maybe you need to call HQ.

They concided to me they are scaling back,maybe you need to call hQ and demand they dont use those words,scaling back has been said for months no wonder media isnt covering him,bad choice of words. i will support a candidate that runs on ron pauls message which isnt going to happen in the GOP,reality check.

after general if the gop wises up then ill get involved until then the gop has picked mccain. The last thing HQ should be saying is scaling back before a convention. sounded to me their heart isnt in it anymore. I'll find a candidate that will have heart to run in 2008

I'll be writing in Ron Paul 2008 in general or voting for someone else outside the corrupted gop

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:46 AM
already saw the video

doesnt change a thing. i can always rejoin the republicans after they demand help,until then they are clueless and nothing we do will get ron paul as the republican nominee unless bad things happen to mccain. i hate to hope for that but that is as close as we can get to winning the convention, never say never but until that time . I will support ron paul as indy or someone else..

ill help the gop after general election;) they will need it then
they will lose the general and i will campaign against the republican party as hard as they blacked out ron paul in their primary....

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:49 AM
i wish ron paul would of told us he would scale back a few months ago ,i could of paid my bills instead of wasting my money .

Jason726
03-07-2008, 09:53 AM
I don't remember that clearly,but I don't remember him saying to stop donating. In fact, I could be wrong, but I THINK I remember him saying to keep donating.

Todd
03-07-2008, 09:54 AM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/littlebrudda/DontFeedTheTroll.jpg

Warning! Warning! Will Robinson Troll Thread!

WilliamC
So in a two party system that needs radical change, you have to work within that system before it can change. I think that was Ron's entire premise and why he didn't go third party and would not leave the Republican party

So decide today that we will take back an established party returning it to it's Goldwater/ Buckley/ Taft/ Rockefeller foundations.

The Republican party needs a platform revolution. It's too simplistic and narrow to throw out the entire structure. That's what Liberals believe.

As long as Ron Paul stays in the Republican Party this is the strategy I'm following.

I don't mind others going into the third party/independent direction, but why they are saying to abandon the GOP even as Ron Paul stays in is confusing to me.

Almost sounds like they don't want Ron Paul to succeed...

speciallyblend
Are you some sort of celebrity ?
No?
Then why do you create threads like this for months, we all know where you stand by now.
We accept your opinions but i think the majority here has had enough.

If atleast you would try to state something worthwile ... no. All you do is whine about how unfair the GOP treated YOU.

Newsflash, we all saw what the media/GOP did to Ron.
This feels like, you visit a footballgame and cheer for a team that isn't even competing that night, to me.

this is my venting which i have a right,if you dont like my message then why do you spend time posting on it,many others in this forum AGREE WITH ME,

i made my decision if you dont like it,stop posting on my thread.. pretty simple stop posting unless you like supporting mccain. there is nothing in the rules saying i cant rejoin the pathetic republican party after general. I sent every dollar i had to ron paul and ignored many bills and yet THE GOP REJECTED RONS MESSAGE. I'll treat the gop just like they treated ron paul,like dirt

Jason726
03-07-2008, 09:55 AM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/littlebrudda/DontFeedTheTroll.jpg

Warning! Warning! Will Robinson Troll Thread!

I know,but i just want to make sure other readers are not listening to this guy.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:56 AM
bad info??? RON PAUL HQ said to me they are scaling back,take your bitching to HQ not me...

I'll donate money to someone who is running for president ,that isnt scaling back enough said

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:57 AM
oo great im a troll ,yep the gop is dead, so now im a troll sweet

WilliamC
03-07-2008, 09:58 AM
i wish ron paul would of told us he would scale back a few months ago ,i could of paid my bills instead of wasting my money .

If you're blaming Ron Paul for your financial problems then you seriously are in denial.

You didn't see him going into debt to run his campaign did you?

What leads you to believe that he would want you to do so?

Why not try to blend some positivism into your posts instead of pounding away at your special negativity, eh?

Do something constructive, and encourage others to do the same.

And by all means vote for whomever you wish.

But if you think voting for the Democrats is in anyway a solution to the problems that the Republicans have created then you are trapped in the exact counterproductive thinking that the collectivists want you to be in.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:58 AM
todd morris you are an idiot,
so someone who spent everydollar i had on radio ads and newspaper ads and pushing ron paul is now a troll , kinda of funny , you cant argue so you call me a troll what a dumbass

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 09:59 AM
If you're blaming Ron Paul for your financial problems then you seriously are in denial.

You didn't see him going into debt to run his campaign did you?

What leads you to believe that he would want you to do so?

Why not try to blend some positivism into your posts instead of pounding away at your special negativity, eh?

Do something constructive, and encourage others to do the same.

And by all means vote for whomever you wish.

But if you think voting for the Democrats is in anyway a solution to the problems that the Republicans have created then you are trapped in the exact counterproductive thinking that the collectivists want you to be in.

i never said that i said i sent every dollar i had to him when i was in debt kiss my ass

i never blamed ron paul,so kiss my ass you troll

I already knpow who im voting for in general , I'm writing in ron paul 2008 . i said i might vote dem. i didnt say i would. though i will encourage every democrat to vote;P) after what the gop pulled on ron paul
THE GOP IS SCUM TO ME

Jason726
03-07-2008, 10:01 AM
You are a troll, because you are putting a lot of effort into this agenda of yours that is not consistent with the movement.
you say the campaign told you they are scaling back. So I guess you interpret that as "lets all leave the GOP and hate them!"

To put it simply,you are wrong.

WilliamC
03-07-2008, 10:03 AM
i never said that i said i sent every dollar i had to him when i was in debt kiss my ass

i never blamed ron paul,so kiss my ass you troll

You made a funny :)

You've got serious issues if you think I'm a troll.

You were the one wanting Ron Paul to refund your money and complaining it could have been better spent on paying your bills.

'Tis sad you must resort to insults when questioned.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 10:04 AM
MY AGENDA IS TO VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT MCCAIN,but it seems ypour are a gop loyalist.
I WILL VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT A REPUBLICAN ,if that makes me a troll then so be it. good luck with the scum party, they showed their color by ignoring ron paul

Jason726
03-07-2008, 10:05 AM

You were the one wanting Ron Paul to refund your money and complaining it could have been better spent on paying your bills.

Like I said, when he responds to someone that goes against him, he sounds like McCain giving a one-liner in a debate.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 10:06 AM

but if everyone must call me a trol thern so be it,that is funny
if people call me a troll then imagine what a mccain supporter is:P
i know you arent but since everyone throws the troll word around ,i figured i might as well call anyone that disagrees with me a TROLL TO:)
sorry if you wree offended but if you and me are trolls that makes ron paul the biggest troll of all

Jason726
03-07-2008, 10:07 AM
MY AGENDA IS TO VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT MCCAIN,but it seems ypour are a gop loyalist.
I WILL VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT A REPUBLICAN ,if that makes me a troll then so be it. good luck with the scum party, they showed their color by ignoring ron paul

you are also telling people to leave the GOP. And guess what Ron Paul is a republican. So your not gonna vote for him because he is republican scum?

What about the republican scum Murray Sabrin?

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 10:08 AM
YES I TRULLY FEELTHAT WAY , i put ron paul ahead of my bills . A BIG MISTAKE THAT I WLL NEVER MAKE AGAIN,since he is scaling back . I will pay my bills and i wasnt blaming ron paul. I'm blaming myself for believing in the gop . THAT WAS MY FATAL MISTAKE

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 10:09 AM
well if he was running in colorado then i might consider ,but he isnt. If i remeber correctly you dont need to be registered republican to vote for a republican in general.

if i was murray id remove the r from my name Republican is a dirty word to most outside of the corrupted party
YES I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO LEAVE THE CORRUPTED REPUBLICAN PARTY and WRITE IN RON PAUL OR VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT A REPUBLICAN UNLESS THEY ARE A RON PAUL REPIBLICAN.

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO TREAT THE GOP ,just like they TREATED RON PAUL,if that makes me a troll ,THEN SO BE IT

Jason726
03-07-2008, 10:10 AM
When you are as hard-headed as you have been,and when you make numerous threads about the same thing, you are definitely a troll(period) When you are giving bad info inconsistent with the info the leaders give us, then you are a troll.

durden0
03-07-2008, 10:14 AM
"keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"

My meetup group, like many others, is beginning our quest to initiate change within the GOP. We will work from inside the GOP to restore it to it's traditions of limited government, freedom, and sensible foreign policy.

We should all take a page out of Ron Paul's book and use peace, kindness and calm manner to deliver our message in a respectful, enlightening way. This is a long process, not something that will happen overnight.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 10:15 AM
you are also telling people to leave the GOP. And guess what Ron Paul is a republican. So your not gonna vote for him because he is republican scum?

What about the republican scum Murray Sabrin?

you cant vote for someone that isn't willing to run,scaling back doesnt sound like someone running for president. and cant vote for someoen that said isnt running for president outside of the republican party. Unless there is someone running outside the 2 old parties,then my only option will to be to vote for someone who isnt running for president in the general .

RON PAUL 2008 ,unless he endorses someone outside the gop. i have said that many times .
I DONT HAVE TO BE REPUBLICAN TO VOTE RON PAUL 2008.

If Ron Paul doesnt run indy then he isnt allowing the amrican people a real choice.I'll be forced to write in ron paul or vote for a another party that isnt dem or rep,in my eyes the wasted vote is dem or rep

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 10:16 AM
"keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"

My meetup group, like many others, is beginning our quest to initiate change within the GOP. We will work from inside the GOP to restore it to it's traditions of limited government, freedom, and sensible foreign policy.

We should all take a page out of Ron Paul's book and use peace, kindness and calm manner to deliver our message in a respectful, enlightening way. This is a long process, not something that will happen overnight.

i can always rejoin after the election,but no matter what we do noneof this change will take effect until after the general. THE GOP HAS MADE SURE OF THIS by blackballing ron paul

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 10:17 AM
I WILL TREAT THE GOP JUST LIKE THEY TREATED RON PAUL,they should expect no less

hopeforamerica
03-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Didn't read all the posts, but you can't give up so easily! Ron Paul has been at this for over 30 years. Get thicker skin, and keep working to gain support and momentum. Read the posts that talk about all the resolutions that are getting passed in some areas. It's hard work, and we have a long road ahead of us, but we cannot quit so easily. I would be very disappointed in anyone who does. We have it easy compared to those that fought for our freedom originally.

We've seen that there are many "sunshine patriots" that have already abandoned ship. Don't become one of those.

sethay
03-07-2008, 10:26 AM
There are many of you who now just want to change the GOP from within. There are many, including Paul, who say this isn't about Paul, but it is about the message.

Apparently you don't realize that a lot of it IS about Paul, and not so much the message. I am an independent who generally votes democrat. I vote for who I trust has the countries best interest at heart....and Ron Paul won my trust more then anyone else that has ever run for office.

I want Ron because he is a good, honest leader.

I am not a republican and and will not be involved in 'taking over' the republican party. The republicans are controlled by the rich (as are the democrats), and you will not change this from within. Those people that do get elected will either become corrupt, or will soon fall by the wayside.

The thing I will always fight for is to get a honest politician into the white house. I hate to break it to you, but that is where a LOT of the support for Paul has come.

Most of these people are not going to be involved in the Republican party.

WilliamC
03-07-2008, 10:27 AM
but if everyone must call me a trol thern so be it,that is funny
if people call me a troll then imagine what a mccain supporter is:P
i know you arent but since everyone throws the troll word around ,i figured i might as well call anyone that disagrees with me a TROLL TO:)
sorry if you wree offended but if you and me are trolls that makes ron paul the biggest troll of all

I don't think I called you a troll so don't accuse me of that.

The problem, SB, is that you are exhibiting the exact same type of collectivist thinking that the rEVOLution is fighting against.

The establishment Republicans, the ones with the power, have certainly worked directly against Ron Paul both as a Congressman and as a candidate.

But the average Republican party member is not part of or even on the same side as the establishment Republicans.

Most of the people I talk to who consider themselves life-long Republicans are disgusted at what the Party has become on a National level but are still trapped in the same "lessor of two evil" mindset that has kept people divided for decades.

I honestly believe that, here in Tate County Mississippi, I can be a positive influence in my local Republican Party to get the people in it to re-dedicate themselves to true Constitutional principles.

But I can't do this as an outsider, and I certainly can't do it if I claim I hate all Republicans or want to see the Republican Party die off.

The goal is to take over, not destroy. Now you may not want to participate in that and that's your choice. If you want to remain outside any Party or get into the Libertarian or Constitution Party or whatever then of course you should do that.

But to repeatedly ask for others to abandon the GOP even as Ron Paul is saying he will stay in it to work for reform is being counterproductive to what Ron Paul is doing.

If you don't see that you are in denial. If you do see that and persist in your efforts the question becomes why?

It is possible to criticize without being destructive, to be skeptical without being negative, and to dissent without attacking those who are using different tactics to work for the same goal.

WilliamC
03-07-2008, 10:29 AM
There are many of you who now just want to change the GOP from within. There are many, including Paul, who say this isn't about Paul, but it is about the message.

Apparently you don't realize that a lot of it IS about Paul, and not so much the message. I am an independent who generally votes democrat. I vote for who I trust has the countries best interest at heart....and Ron Paul won my trust more then anyone else that has ever run for office.

I am not a republican and and will not be involved in 'taking over' the republican party. The republicans are controlled by the rich (as are the democrats), and you will not change this from within. Those people that do get elected will either become corrupt, or will soon fall by the wayside.

The thing I will always fight for is to get a honest politician into the white house. I hate to break it to you, but that is where a LOT of the support for Paul has come.

We need pro-Constitution folks working within the Democratic Party too.

The way I see it is you can't win if you're not willing to play the game, and right now the only game possible is the two party system.

If Ron Paul comes out as an Independent then I'll support him like that. But since he's sticking to the Republican Party I'll support him there.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 10:30 AM
call hq,they will tell you they are scaling back,bitch themout not me,
straight from HQ ,they are scaling back

MusoSpuso
03-07-2008, 10:35 AM
The neo-cons took over the gop. It was the neo-con arm of the gop that treated Ron with disrespect, not the GOP as a whole. To blame the entire organization and those that support it is short sighted and ignorant.

The plan should be to take over the gop!

Jason726
03-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I don't think I called you a troll so don't accuse me of that.

The problem, SB, is that you are exhibiting the exact same type of collectivist thinking that the rEVOLution is fighting against.

The establishment Republicans, the ones with the power, have certainly worked directly against Ron Paul both as a Congressman and as a candidate.

But the average Republican party member is not part of or even on the same side as the establishment Republicans.

Most of the people I talk to who consider themselves life-long Republicans are disgusted at what the Party has become on a National level but are still trapped in the same "lessor of two evil" mindset that has kept people divided for decades.

I honestly believe that, here in Tate County Mississippi, I can be a positive influence in my local Republican Party to get the people in it to re-dedicate themselves to true Constitutional principles.

But I can't do this as an outsider, and I certainly can't do it if I claim I hate all Republicans or want to see the Republican Party die off.

The goal is to take over, not destroy. Now you may not want to participate in that and that's your choice. If you want to remain outside any Party or get into the Libertarian or Constitution Party or whatever then of course you should do that.

But to repeatedly ask for others to abandon the GOP even as Ron Paul is saying he will stay in it to work for reform is being counterproductive to what Ron Paul is doing.

If you don't see that you are in denial. If you do see that and persist in your efforts the question becomes why?

It is possible to criticize without being destructive, to be skeptical without being negative, and to dissent without attacking those who are using different tactics to work for the same goal.

I tried having a civil discussion with him, but he only responded in a manner that would attack people with completely irrelevant responses that had nothing to do with the points I was trying to make.

WilliamC
03-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I tried having a civil discussion with him, but he only responded in a manner that would attack people with completely irrelevant responses that had nothing to do with the points I was trying to make.

People do that sometimes when they are overly emotional.

Hopefully that's all it is with him.

There was another poster in here who started off sounding very much anti-Paul and like a troll, but after 30 posts or so came out an apologized for his earlier posts and declared he had been misguided.

Who knows, maybe SB will come around too ;)

hopeforamerica
03-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Specially Blend, seems that you are angry that Ron Paul is scaling back. I think that means that he has let staff go in states where the election has already happened. I call that fiscally responsible at this point. That is one of the many reasons I support Ron Paul. It doesn't mean that he has dropped out or anything like that. He delivered a ton of supplies to a state that has their election soon. No scaling back in the remaining states!

I feel your anger towards the GOP and it is justified. However your methods are a bit immature and reactionary. I choose to work the system and bring in more like minded people. We can and will make a difference, it just takes time. As I stated in my earlier post, Ron Paul has been fighting this battle for 30 years, we shouldn't quit so easily.

durden0
03-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Republican, democrat, independent, it's not about the name, it's about the ideas that we hold. We can and will make a difference in the republican party. That change won't come without hard work that starts at the local level.

Spirit of '76
03-07-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm going to do what Ron Paul does, which is to work inside the Republican Party to try to put them back on the right path and show them what a real Republican should be.

Don't forget that Ron just crushed the neocon warmonger Chris Peden in a Republican primary in Texas. The potential is there, we just have to show them the way...

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 11:19 AM
If it helps, I'm planning on going to caucus ,but ill have to keep my mouth shut. I'm so pissed right now at the actions of the gop. WE should be voted thru,it's not like anyone is rushing to these caucuses.

The summit caucus everyone that showed became a delegate, THATS HOW BAD IT IS.

I'm so pissed at the gop's actions. . I wear my emotions on my sleeve,sorry i called you a troll,but i figured since anyone that disagrees with me calls me a troll. I figured i could throw the baseless troll around myself. so im sorry for calling you a troll.

This troll plans on going to national and if im forced to vote for mccain at national. i will do so gladly ,knowing the gop will lose the general election. i guess we can only hope for a mccain fallout in the next few months.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Specially Blend, seems that you are angry that Ron Paul is scaling back. I think that means that he has let staff go in states where the election has already happened. I call that fiscally responsible at this point. That is one of the many reasons I support Ron Paul. It doesn't mean that he has dropped out or anything like that. He delivered a ton of supplies to a state that has their election soon. No scaling back in the remaining states!

I feel your anger towards the GOP and it is justified. However your methods are a bit immature and reactionary. I choose to work the system and bring in more like minded people. We can and will make a difference, it just takes time. As I stated in my earlier post, Ron Paul has been fighting this battle for 30 years, we shouldn't quit so easily.

I will go to my caucus . We will probably go to state since no one is showing to caucuses,they had to beg for delegates in eagle/summit. I can only assume they will have to beg for delegates in lake,since no republicans are showing up.

I will fight for the republican platform,but yes can you tell im pissed at the gop? i think after all my posts ,people should be able to tell im pissed. I'm a pissed TROLL I GUESS:) sarcasm there

I'm a lil pissed at ron paul,because they need to tell the media they are stil;l in,they havent.It seems to me THE RON PAUL HQ is dropping the ball.. no other way to put it. I'm very dissapointed in HQ.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm going to do what Ron Paul does, which is to work inside the Republican Party to try to put them back on the right path and show them what a real Republican should be.

Don't forget that Ron just crushed the neocon warmonger Chris Peden in a Republican primary in Texas. The potential is there, we just have to show them the way...

I think ,im calmed down now, I'm very upset with HQ ,i feel they havent been firm enough about being in this race. I have put 100% in this race as many have here. i feel like HQ is putting 20% in to this now. they should be 100% until after convention. even if they were scaling back why tell anyone that? they should be telling callers they are 100% in the race,but they are not,yes it upsets me. I have put the best effort in that i can.I'm not asking for praise. I want to see the same dedication from HQ that im giving. In MY EYES IM NOT SEEING THAT DEDICATION FROM HQ

Meatwasp
03-07-2008, 11:27 AM

A man with sense!

georgiaboy
03-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I will go to my caucus . We will probably go to state since no one is showing to caucuses,they had to beg for delegates in eagle/summit. I can only assume they will have to beg for delegates in lake,since no republicans are showing up.

I will fight for the republican platform,but yes can you tell im pissed at the gop? i think after all my post ,people should be able to tell im pissed. I'm a pissed TROLL I GUESS:) sarcasm there

I'm a lil pissed at ron paul,because they need to tell the media they are stil;l in,they havent.It seems to me THE RON PAUL HQ is dropping the ball.. no other way to put it. I'm very dissapointed in HQ.

That's it, SB, just keep gnawing on that bone until your emotions are spent through. As a RP supporter, I know you can reason this through on the other side. I for one don't want to lose you from the GOP, but if that's what it takes for you to process things, then ok. Freedom is as freedom does.

Before you tune out entirely, let me thank you publicly for the major sacrifices you've made to this campaign, to Ron Paul, and to the cause of constitutional government. You've way outstripped me in posts, money spent, effort, and emotional investment. Dude, you're one awesome RP'er. Maybe one day there will be a convention where all the online RP'ers will get to meet mingle, and declare their identities to one another on a national basis. If so, I'll be looking for you to shake your hand.

If you must, go become a Libertarian or Constitutionalist Pary member, and see how you feel when their candidates get less than zero coverage or financial support, participate in zero televised debates, and revel in the blank stares you get when you mention their names to friends and family. Oh, and imagine how much fun it will be when you forego bill paying to fund these candidates.

We'll be waiting with open arms for you in the GOP, having seriously impacted its platform, leadership, membership, vision, candidates, and elected officials with the message we all have come to love. By the way, this is not going to be difficult to achieve. The vast majority of republicans really do love non-intrusive small federal government without all those agencies, low taxes, sound money, and a non-interventionist foreign policy.

Your repeated statements are 'HQ says they're winding down', and 'We should treat the GOP the way they treated Ron Paul'.

To these I'll offer the following:

'HQ says they're winding down'. To you that seems to mean that everything stops. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. By winding down, it means they will focus on the remaining primaries, attend speaking engagements where invited, etc. Since there are only a few primaries remaining, winding down is appropriate. Nowhere was mentioned the word dropout. Was that mentioned on your call to HQ? Well, was it? Didn't think so. Did you ask? I bet you did. And I bet they repeated 'we're winding down'. (if you stated this in another post, my apologies for not seeing it).

Guess what is also continuing as the official campaign winds down. Delegate selection. It won't be until June or later that we'll be able to get a count of the true number of Ron Paul sympathizers who have been chosen as delegates to the national convention. What do you think will happen if it is determined that there are over 1000 delegates to the national convention that are RP supporters? How much easier will it be us to dodge the critical eye of the establishment as we infiltrate, if Ron Paul is 'winding down' his campaign??

Guess what else is continuing, per Ron's encouragement in the same video that mentioned winding down? Canvassing in remaining primaries. Youtube hasn't erased all the RP content. Signs and billboards are still being posted. You spent all that money and effort. Did you hear Ron tell you to stop? Did you? The official campaign is winding down, but where did you hear Ron Paul tell you to stop doing what you're doing?????? Where did you hear Ron Paul tell you to jump ship?

'We should treat the GOP the way they treated Ron Paul'. I am a member of the GOP. Hundreds of thousands of RP supporters are members of the GOP. How have we treated Ron Paul? Also, how has Ron Paul treated the GOP? With respect, dignity (except for a 'make fun, buddy', of course), talking issues and avoiding personal attacks, as members of the same team debating principles, not as enemies. He works with the other members of the GOP just as he proposes we work with foreign countries, by working diplomatically with them to bring them over to our side in a peaceful way -- not by cutting off talks and going to war.

Of course, we all know that Ron deserved better from GOP leadership and those labelling him a 'nutjob', etc., but imagine where his campaign would be now if he reacted to those attacks with spit & vinegar, leaving the party. He would never have gotten the exposure (albeit we would like to have seen more), the air time, the interviews, or the respect of so many of us who first hand saw a man of the utmost integrity, intelligence, and humility state his case and not go on the offensive. His example has awakened most of us who are now becoming active in the party for the first time, because we saw that if one man can make such an impact, imagine what thousands of us can do. Let's follow his example. I hope his new book actually spends time on his methods, as well as his philosophies.

I urge you to keep venting as much as you need to, and when it's all out, stay with us. We're going to make of the GOP exactly what you, me, and most of all, Ron Paul has wanted for many years now. Let's give it to him on a silver platter.

georgiaboy

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Trust Me ,people i understand,but right now i hate my own party,thats pretty sad.

I will go to caucus,but all i expect is all this mccain insanity crap.

georgiaboy
03-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Trust Me ,people i understand,but right now i hate my own party,thats pretty sad.

will be able to identify with Ron Paul's pain, and a small tidbit of what he's endured these decades.

I for one feel like I deserve to walk a little in his shoes before I see the fruit of his labor.

georgiaboy

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 11:42 AM
That's it, SB, just keep gnawing on that bone until your emotions are spent through. As a RP supporter, I know you can reason this through on the other side. I for one don't want to lose you from the GOP, but if that's what it takes for you to process things, then ok. Freedom is as freedom does.

Before you tune out entirely, let me thank you publicly for the major sacrifices you've made to this campaign, to Ron Paul, and to the cause of constitutional government. You've way outstripped me in posts, money spent, effort, and emotional investment. Dude, you're one awesome RP'er. Maybe one day there will be a convention where all the online RP'ers will get to meet mingle, and declare their identities to one another on a national basis. If so, I'll be looking for you to shake your hand.

If you must, go become a Libertarian or Constitutionalist Pary member, and see how you feel when their candidates get less than zero coverage or financial support, participate in zero televised debates, and revel in the blank stares you get when you mention their names to friends and family. Oh, and imagine how much fun it will be when you forego bill paying to fund these candidates.

We'll be waiting with open arms for you in the GOP, having seriously impacted its platform, leadership, membership, vision, candidates, and elected officials with the message we all have come to love. By the way, this is not going to be difficult to achieve. The vast majority of republicans really do love non-intrusive small federal government without all those agencies, low taxes, sound money, and a non-interventionist foreign policy.

Your repeated statements are 'HQ says they're winding down', and 'We should treat the GOP the way they treated Ron Paul'.

To these I'll offer the following:

'HQ says they're winding down'. To you that seems to mean that everything stops. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. By winding down, it means they will focus on the remaining primaries, attend speaking engagements where invited, etc. Since there are only a few primaries remaining, winding down is appropriate. Nowhere was mentioned the word dropout. Was that mentioned on your call to HQ? Well, was it? Didn't think so. Did you ask? I bet you did. And I bet they repeated 'we're winding down'. (if you stated this in another post, my apologies for not seeing it).

Guess what is also continuing as the official campaign winds down. Delegate selection. It won't be until June or later that we'll be able to get a count of the true number of Ron Paul sympathizers who have been chosen as delegates to the national convention. What do you think will happen if it is determined that there are over 1000 delegates to the national convention that are RP supporters? How much easier will it be us to dodge the critical eye of the establishment as we infiltrate, if Ron Paul is 'winding down' his campaign??

Guess what else is continuing, per Ron's encouragement in the same video that mentioned winding down? Canvassing in remaining primaries. Youtube hasn't erased all the RP content. Signs and billboards are still being posted. You spent all that money and effort. Did you hear Ron tell you to stop? Did you? The official campaign is winding down, but where did you hear Ron Paul tell you to stop doing what you're doing?????? Where did you hear Ron Paul tell you to jump ship?

'We should treat the GOP the way they treated Ron Paul'. I am a member of the GOP. Hundreds of thousands of RP supporters are members of the GOP. How have we treated Ron Paul? Also, how has Ron Paul treated the GOP? With respect, dignity (except for a 'make fun, buddy', of course), talking issues and avoiding personal attacks, as members of the same team debating principles, not as enemies. He works with the other members of the GOP just as he proposes we work with foreign countries, by working diplomatically with them to bring them over to our side in a peaceful way -- not by cutting off talks and going to war.

Of course, we all know that Ron deserved better from GOP leadership and those labelling him a 'nutjob', etc., but imagine where his campaign would be now if he reacted to those attacks with spit & vinegar, leaving the party. He would never have gotten the exposure (albeit we would like to have seen more), the air time, the interviews, or the respect of so many of us who first hand saw a man of the utmost integrity, intelligence, and humility state his case and not go on the offensive. His example has awakened most of us who are now becoming active in the party for the first time, because we saw that if one man can make such an impact, imagine what thousands of us can do. Let's follow his example. I hope his new book actually spends time on his methods, as well as his philosophies.

I urge you to keep venting as much as you need to, and when it's all out, stay with us. We're going to make of the GOP exactly what you, me, and most of all, Ron Paul has wanted for many years now. Let's give it to him on a silver platter.

georgiaboy

thanks. I havent left yet;) im just so disgusted with my party. I know everyone can understand that..

I will have to bite my tongue tomorrow,since i really have nothing good to say about the gop right now. I plan on going to state and national. I hope to meet all of the ron paul supporters there.
On that note i think a march on the convention would do better then a march on washington. marches on washington are a dime a dozen,will get lost with britney updates, but a march on the convention inside and out ,would have more impact.

speciallyblend
03-07-2008, 11:44 AM

I'm still in,but dam if im not overly pissed at the gop for their actions on ron paul. so many blame the msm. I BLAME THE GOP

Todd
03-07-2008, 01:40 PM
todd morris you are an idiot,
so someone who spent everydollar i had on radio ads and newspaper ads and pushing ron paul is now a troll , kinda of funny , you cant argue so you call me a troll what a dumbass

OOOH are you a Sage we should all follow?

Me thinks I'll follow the premise WWRD?

Ron would tell you, much more polite than I, that this forum is for bringing people together under
1. the guise of constitutional ideals and
2. Doing so within the Republican party.

This entire forum's a river and your going against the current.
And I don't have time to be sucked into arguing with someone who has an agenda, out of line with the entire movement.

Seems everyone here agrees the common denominator in the words idiot and dumbass seems to be you friend.

Now QFT and figure out how to do that.

Sorry I did not PM you. I see you did that and I was too late in posting again. We can disagree, but I'm not below keeping differences private, if that was your intention.
Remeber, everyone here is fed up with the GOP....I am totally disgusted to go to GOP local meetings.
If I'm a what you said in the PM...then I guess so is Ron, cause I'm going to do things the way he intended. I'll adjust later if necessary. never say never.
Cheers!!

JosephTheLibertarian
03-07-2008, 01:53 PM
hm. I treat everyone like how the GOP treats Ron Paul

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Ron Paul is 10 steps ahead of you... he's tried leaving the GOP and history showed him that he had to get back in it take it back. WE ARE TAKING ON THE ESTABLISHMENT. Don't back down.

Maltheus
03-07-2008, 02:50 PM

Great post. I believe this movement is dead unless we can bring independents and democrats into the fold. Paul won't go 3rd party, but if he really wanted to build something, that would be the way to do it.

I'm fine with people trying to infiltrate the Republican party, but most Ron Paul supporters won't follow. We had the best shot we were ever going to have in the GOP with Ron Paul. All the new people getting in, are even less of a fit for the party than Paul is. It's the least of many evils strategy and I have no desire to compromise my principles for a few GOP crumbs.

The sad truth is that collapsing empires never pull back from the brink once they're on the course we're on. I think we'll have to ride this thing out until people are desperate enough to listen to reason again. Ron Paul peaked too soon to get elected. But at least he woke up enough people to start preparing themselves for what's to come.

Maltheus
03-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Those people that do get elected will either become corrupt, or will soon fall by the wayside.

And this is a crucial point. To infiltrate the GOP, you need to appear as a good Republican. And that means campaigning for whomever they choose. If you don't, you'll get nowhere. If you do, you'll be corrupted. Sooner or later, you will be a least of two evils type of person and that's precisely what's brought us to where we are today. Ron Paul came up and paid his dues at a time when you could support Republicans. To get anywhere now, you truly have to sell you soul.

ClockwiseSpark
03-07-2008, 03:17 PM

I understand your frustration and you have every right to feel it. Just know that your not alone in that.

This is going to be a long fight with many ups and downs but in the end the GOP will lose simply because they're older and are going to die sooner than us. :p

Remember General Greene who never once won a battle during the Revolutionary War and yet was considered to be "George Washington's most gifted and dependable officer."

When asked about this after the war General Greene stated, "We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again."

So, time to rise. ;)

Ex Post Facto
03-07-2008, 03:19 PM

This is exactly what my wife told me when I met her :p

TruthAtLast
03-07-2008, 03:29 PM
yeah i had good mileage but it seems the GOP sucked my gas out by their scummy ways.
TO ME THE GOP IS SCUM JUST LIKE THE DEM'S
whats the difference between the Dem and a republican, one is a dingle berry and the other is diarrhea. they both need to be purged.. the gop smells like shit to me after what the GOP PULLED ON RON PAUL .. the msm is not to blame .THE GOP IS 100% to be blamed for the ron paul blackout.

SCREW THE GOP

It sounds to me like your frustration (and mine too) isn't with the entity that is the GOP, it is the people running it.

I'm with you in that it sickens me to see what they've done to Ron Paul.

However, we need to channel this anger, disgust, and frustration into what will be most effective in the long run.

Not in the last 100+ years has a third party won a presidential election and they are virtually locked out of any Congress as well. Even a very well organized platform third patry platform could take 30-50 years to come to fruition if it could happen at all.

I was an independent and only joined the Republican party to vote for Ron Paul in the primary since the Republican party told all independents in California that they couldn't vote in the primary. Several of my friends who were Ron Paul supporters didn't vote because they were registered independent and didn't want to register Republican.

So I am NOT a GOP loyalist. Screw their NEOCON platform. I'm NOT voting for McCain.

But I'm also not going to leave the GOP.... I'm just going to take it BACK.... one person at a time.

jsu718
03-07-2008, 03:49 PM
I won't just vote against the GOP. I will vote against all incumbents who don't have freedom as their first priority. Those who want to talk about national security first, or health care first, or anything else will not get my vote... which basically means I will vote against all incumbents, and often independent or third party.

WilliamC
03-07-2008, 03:56 PM
I won't just vote against the GOP. I will vote against all incumbents who don't have freedom as their first priority. Those who want to talk about national security first, or health care first, or anything else will not get my vote... which basically means I will vote against all incumbents, and often independent or third party.

I've been doing this since 2000 :)

StumbleBum7
03-07-2008, 04:04 PM
i agree. Everyone says we need another few partys in this country, but you wont get a 3rd party if everyone wants to be succescful right off the bat. This country needs more parties with more views, 2 is just garbage. I fully support most likely i will NEVER vote for a dem or repub other than Paul unless one comes along thats different...

But for me its to 3rd parties for life, im 19 btw

PlzPeopleWakeUp
03-07-2008, 04:16 PM
nt

Ex Post Facto
03-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Why not the Democratic party as well? Once we get the GOP we might want to become Demo-cons :p

ronpaulhawaii
03-07-2008, 04:53 PM
The problem is neither the Repubs nor the Dems, it is the RINOs and the DINOs who are actually fascists/socialists; authoritarian power-mongers who will surely reap the rewards of their evil ways.

The two party monopoly needs to be broken up and we need to get back to the intent of the founders, where parties are more transient and less powerful. I specifically asked about this issue and RP said this can be accomplished through legislation. He brought up NY where a candidate can run on more than one ticket in a race. For example, NY has both a republican and a conservative party and a candidate can run on both tickets at the same time.

We must face the fact that the only way to bring about this change is to have enough power to enact the changes. At the present time the only vehicle for this change is the two party monopoly. To reject this vehicle out of spite is to shoot yourself in the foot and lessen the power of all of us who desire these changes. I, personally, continue to trust RP's experiance and knowledge and follow his lead, thus I will continue what he started and take the GOP back from the RINOs who stole it from the people, once that is accomplished we will have the power necessary to break the monopoly and parties will cease to be the issue.

m

jrich4rpaul
03-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm staying Republican.

This year is going to the Democrats. 2012 we'll be much better organized and the country will be ready for another Republican.

2008 was a bad time for Ron to run. The country hates Republicans because of Bush and millions of potential supporters wrote him off just because of the R next to his name.

Catatonic
03-07-2008, 06:28 PM
The GOP isn't real. Its just a private organization like any other. What makes it real is the people running it. If you don't like the current direction of the GOP the best thing you can do is join it and try to affect change.

You know, sort of like Ron Paul has done for the last 30 years.

The neocons controlling the current GOP would much rather you quit than to try to do this. So, essentially, you're taking their side in your own argument against them.