PDA

View Full Version : Backup needed with neocons

Misesian
08-16-2007, 10:51 PM
This is a neocon supporter of Tom Tancredo that likes to attack Ron Paul every chance she gets. Now mind that the vast majority of hte Tancredo supporters at this forum will usually either have Ron Paul as their #2 or #3 guy so I wouldn't disparage Tancredo, but I'm personally sick of addressing this earmark issue to these d*mn neocons so can you guys please counter this?

http://www.firesociety.com/forum/thread/16647/CLUB-FOR-GROWTH--PAULvsTANCREDO/

Mr. White
08-16-2007, 10:55 PM
if they don't understand earmarks and won't listen to your explanation, then they don't want to.

nullvalu
08-16-2007, 10:56 PM
This is a neocon supporter of Tom Tancredo that likes to attack Ron Paul every chance she gets. Now mind that the vast majority of hte Tancredo supporters at this forum will usually either have Ron Paul as their #2 or #3 guy so I wouldn't disparage Tancredo, but I'm personally sick of addressing this earmark issue to these d*mn neocons so can you guys please counter this?

http://www.firesociety.com/forum/thread/16647/CLUB-FOR-GROWTH--PAULvsTANCREDO/

im not going to waste my time signing up there, but i would ask what the other candidates requested in pork (and what was actually posted)... hmm...is that information even available?

dsentell
08-16-2007, 11:01 PM
I have to admit that I have heard a spokesman say "Reducing earmarks does not reduce government spending" and I really don't understand that. However, Dr. Paul is smarter than I.

But, I do find it interesting that the story says Ron Paul has requested $400 million in earmarks, but then only goes on to mention a total of $10.3 million. I guess they don't have a problem with what he wants the rest for.

It seems to me that the $10.3 million is to benefit and encourage American business and American jobs. Seems to me that is the kind of thing our government should be spending money on. Guess the government could keep that $10.3 million and we could just get all our shrimp from China!

dspectre
08-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure about the whole story with this, but basically Ron's attitude is that he doesn't like the system and wants to get rid of it.

Ron Paul always votes against the earmarks, but I think they pass anyways.

He feels that his district pays for taxes(which he disagrees with), however, since they pay for the taxes they should get their money back.

Also, he thinks the earmarks are better since there you know where the money is going. Without earmarks, everything is done secretly and you can't tell what is going on. I think he is one of the few who publishes his earmarks.

I'm not sure if I'm correct on all of this, maybe somebody like Bradley is better for answering this than me.

Kuldebar
08-16-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure about the whole story with this, but basically Ron's attitude is that he doesn't like the system and wants to get rid of it.

Ron Paul always votes against the earmarks, but I think they pass anyways.

He feels that his district pays for taxes(which he disagrees with), however, since they pay for the taxes they should get their money back.

Also, he thinks the earmarks are better since there you know where the money is going. Without earmarks, everything is done secretly and you can't tell what is going on. I think he is one of the few who publishes his earmarks.

I'm not sure if I'm correct on all of this, maybe somebody like Bradley is better for answering this than me.

That's a pretty good summation.

Misesian
08-16-2007, 11:19 PM
im not going to waste my time signing up there, but i would ask what the other candidates requested in pork (and what was actually posted)... hmm...is that information even available?

It's not a waste of time. There a number of liberty leaning neocons over there I have converted but am simply tired of dealing with this poster and this issue.

Shouldn't we really be making a concerted effort at courting the neocons? I mean they make up a big chunk of the GOP.

Their problem is that they can never really disagree with anything Ron Paul has to say, even the war, when presented with facts. I just got back from a Young Republicans meeting today where I had to debate a vast number of them individually and they'd always be left silent at the end because they didn't have a response when presented with the facts. Of course the main debates at this meeting was with people on foreign policy and his false label of being "isolationist". Certainly globalists would call hiim an isolationist and not even know what isolationism means.

The immigration/Tancredo people can be real big backers of Ron Paul because there is essentially nobody else in the first tier that represents this viewpoint besides Ron. You guys should join up here and help post messages about Ron Paul as well as things in the "Big Government" forum.

angelatc
08-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Have you looked up Tancredo earmarks?

This article is from 2003, before they were required to disclose . http://www.coloradoconfidential.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=2003

This Article is from this year. Ron Paul released his earmarks the same day they were requested. Like Obama, Tancredo apparently had to "screen" his list before deciding to release it.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-07-05-candidates-funding_N.htm

•Tancredo released his request list a day before Obama in response to his local media, spokesman Carlos Espinosa says. The Colorado congressman seeks about $226 million for 17 projects, from a light-rail system west of Denver to a Center for Audio and Video Forensics at the University of Colorado.

This is the first year Tancredo has unveiled his requests.

Misesian
08-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Have you looked up Tancredo earmarks?

This article is from 2003, before they were required to disclose . http://www.coloradoconfidential.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=2003

This Article is from this year. Ron Paul released his earmarks the same day they were requested. Like Obama, Tancredo apparently had to "screen" his list before deciding to release it.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-07-05-candidates-funding_N.htm

•Tancredo released his request list a day before Obama in response to his local media, spokesman Carlos Espinosa says. The Colorado congressman seeks about $226 million for 17 projects, from a light-rail system west of Denver to a Center for Audio and Video Forensics at the University of Colorado.

This is the first year Tancredo has unveiled his requests.

Angela, I've seen you at firesociety before, please post the above there!

JosephTheLibertarian
08-17-2007, 06:01 AM
People just don't GET IT. When you reject earmarks, they go to inefficient government beauocracy. It gets spent either way, so why not try to get some of those tax dollars back to your people?

ronpaulhawaii
08-17-2007, 07:13 AM
While Kelly was walking in NH, I was watching her blog and debated a neo-con. Here is one response to the earmark issue,

About the so-called pork. You are aware, that while he does pass on the requests of his constituents (as is his duty), he always votes against the bills those earmarks end up on (according to principal). One must work within the system we have.

Would you call me a hypocrite because I pay my Federal Income Taxes in spite of the fact that I, along with Dr. Paul, believe them unconstitutional?

Perhaps you guys should start attacking him because he pays his taxes. It is essentially the same "pork" argument you present here.

Kind regards,

Entire thread is here

http://www.blogthecoast.com/halldorson/archives/2007/07/first_city_to_c.html#comments

micahnelson
08-17-2007, 07:27 AM
As a representative of the people he must represent their needs according to the current system. As a Congressman he must uphold his oath to the constitution.

He puts the recommendations in there on behalf of his constituents.

He votes against the budget on behalf of his oath to uphold the constitution.