PDA

View Full Version : The LA Times: Ron Paul gives up. (NOT)

123tim
03-07-2008, 06:55 AM
The LA times wrote a piece about Ron Paul titled to sound like he resigned from the race. I wont link to it....it's obvious that they're just writing anything that they can to make us visit the site. If you google "Ron Paul" you'll find this headline come up first. Don't sweat it - it's not true.

I figured that all of those pseudo-supportive pieces that Malcolm wrote about Ron Paul would boil down to something like this.

Zolah
03-07-2008, 07:39 AM
Today has reminded me of the game chinese whispers..I've seen at least 10 reports saying Paul has withdrawn or something similar to that effect...I'm also reminded of that debate last year when Giuliani tried to slate Paul as an isolationist, and despite (a) Ron Paul explaining why he wasn't and why Rudy was wrong and (b) the fact that you'd have to be a moron or from the 19th century to interpret Paul's message as isolationist, many media reports went with the slant that he was an isolationist. You might question what the big deal is, but we all know how effective the media in America is, for months and months a lot (a lot a lot a lot) of people believed what the media had told them about Paul's supposedly isolationist view. I wouldn't be surprised if some people don't turn up to vote on their day because they're under the impression that Ron Paul has withdrawn - I mean, the TV said it, so it must be true.

Now to throw in the crazy bone, the American Media have effectively brainwashed the masses, and their model is followed throughout the world.

Shed
03-07-2008, 09:14 AM
The article itself is actually very fair.