PDA

View Full Version : The Lesser or Three Evils

Razmear
03-07-2008, 06:08 AM
Just curious what the feelings of the board are about who is the least objectionable mainstream candidate other than Ron Paul, so here is yet another poll.

eb

JosephTheLibertarian
03-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Just curious what the feelings of the board are about who is the least objectionable mainstream candidate other than Ron Paul, so here is yet another poll.

eb

uh. poll?

Virtually every LP candidate.

Razmear
03-07-2008, 06:10 AM
uh. poll?

Uh, the message shows up first, then it takes a few seconds for the poll to get done and be posted.

eb

JosephTheLibertarian
03-07-2008, 06:12 AM
I won't vote. They all suck. seeya

Truth Warrior
03-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Yep!

Razmear
03-07-2008, 06:16 AM

I know they all suck, thats the point of the poll.
Every election we are forced to choose between the lesser of two evils, I just wanted to get a sense of which candidate is considered the least bad choice of the remaining, non-Ron candidates.
For me, if it comes down to a choice of Obama or McCain, I'll vote Obama in SC. If it comes down to Clinton or McCain, then I'll vote for a 3rd party candidate.

eb

Truth Warrior
03-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Abstain From Beans
http://users.aol.com/xeqtr1/voluntaryist/beans.html

Edu
03-07-2008, 07:21 AM
It's a horse race! Vote for who you think will win!

"I voted for romney because Paul couldn't win" - Egg on face now.

"I voted for huck because Paul couldn't win" - Eating crow.

"I voted for mccain because Paul couldn't win" - Get a clue yet?

pinkmandy
03-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Virtually every LP candidate.

^^^^ That.

And evil is still evil. What does it matter if we have 3 evils to choose from?

limequat
03-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Every election we are forced to choose between the lesser of two evils, I just wanted to get a sense of which candidate is considered the least bad choice of the remaining, non-Ron candidates.
For me, if it comes down to a choice of Obama or McCain, I'll vote Obama in SC. If it comes down to Clinton or McCain, then I'll vote for a 3rd party candidate.

eb

You'd vote for Obama?

None of those three is worthy of the vote of a RP supporter.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Every election we are forced to choose between the lesser of two evils

I've never voted for the lesser evil. Others have chosen the evil for me. That's on their backs, not mine. It's going to stay that way, because I'm not going to play that game. I call it principle.

I'll even go so far as to call it pragmatic. If you vote for people who don't share your beliefs, they have absolutely no reason to change course.

gaazn
03-07-2008, 07:48 AM
clinton = obama = mccain = big government

if clinton wins, then we might have 36 years of bush/clinton dynasties in washington.
that is scariest.

DAFTEK
03-07-2008, 08:15 AM
THERE IS NO LESSER EVIL THIS TIME AROWND!

I will write Ron Paul in my paper ballot if there is one, otherwise i wont vote! I am seriously considering to register Indy, they all suck!

Obomba is if anything more evil then them all, the unknown man that mimics MLK and and his dictator speeches are scary.

Hillary with Bill back in the house at least we know them.

Insane McCain needs to go to a mental institution and get on some meds with his warmongering fear the Muslim world. If anything i fear Israel and their secrets.

NinjaPirate
03-07-2008, 08:20 AM
You forgot Mickey Mouse. :p

pcosmar
03-07-2008, 08:28 AM
I find NO Lesser Evil.
They are are all repugnant.

uncollapse
03-07-2008, 09:33 AM
I've never voted for the lesser evil. Others have chosen the evil for me. That's on their backs, not mine. It's going to stay that way, because I'm not going to play that game. I call it principle.

I'll even go so far as to call it pragmatic. If you vote for people who don't share your beliefs, they have absolutely no reason to change course.

base on my set of political beliefs, i cannot find a candidate that fits PERFECTLY. So, its either i vote for a lesser of evil or i should not vote. Maybe you are right, I should not vote this election cycle... anyway, I am not really excited about it too...

hopeforamerica
03-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Evil = Evil, there is no lesser in my book.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-07-2008, 10:35 AM
base on my set of political beliefs, i cannot find a candidate that fits PERFECTLY. So, its either i vote for a lesser of evil or i should not vote. Maybe you are right, I should not vote this election cycle... anyway, I am not really excited about it too...

I understand that most people don't find a perfect fit. But anything offered up by democrats and republicans in the last 20 years aren't even close for me. In fact, when other people vote for Hillary, Obama, or McCain, they're voting to continue a whole slew of injustice toward me and the rest of the world. Not cool from my viewpoint, and I wish people would identify themselves as such so I could avoid them in my daily life.

Kludge
03-07-2008, 10:36 AM
They're all too terribly disgusting to elect.

Maybe Huckabee would've gotten a vote to keep liberals out, but McCain is insane AND dangerous.

amy31416
03-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Haven't you chumps learned one single damned thing from Paul's message? God DAMN you people who think Obama is the lesser of three evils because he "seems nice" and yaps on about "hope" and "change."

Now that we're looking at working from the ground up to get people elected who can effect change in the House and Senate, you've got to understand that we need time to do so before this country collapses economically.

Guess who will bring on that collapse the fastest? OBAMA.

Jesus Christ, you people who think he's so wonderful, or....not as evil as the other two, don't take even a quick look at his spending plan or the lies he tells. He is the biggest thief and the most blatant liar (Patriot Act anyone? He spoke out against it, then voted FOR it.)

Do your fucking homework!

mrchubbs
03-07-2008, 11:33 AM

That's exactly why he needs to be our next President.

Obama (The Messiah) needs to fail the country while the evil neo-conservative Republicans are still fresh in the minds of the average voter. Where will the average voter turn if they can't stand the Neo-cons and they now realize that Obama's brand of change was worse for the country? To someone outside the typical 2 parties. Someone like Ron Paul.

Things need to get worse before they can get better; otherwise, the average American voter will stay the course with the mainstream evils. The current day fringe needs to become the future day mainstream. Obama can bring that kind of change by screwing the economy into the ground as President.

Adam Smith
03-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I didn't vote in the poll, and I kind of agree with Mr. Chubbs^^^. But it doesn't really matter. Don't you see?

The Machine wants a Clinton/McCain race. Obama will not get a chance to be the nominee. Hillary will win Pennsylvania, the next big election. The Democratic National Committee will then find it necessary to hold a second caucus or primary in both Michigan and Florida because 'it just wouldn't be right' not to let the people's "voice" be heard in those states. And then Hillary will win those states and have enough delegates to say to Obama that he should drop out because she won all the large states that have to go Democrat to win the National election. But she'll sweeten the deal and make him VP.

It's all predictable and it all stinks.

I'll either write in RP or vote for whomever he endorses.

This doesn't mean that I won't be trying over the next two months to become a delegate to the Republican National Convention. My state went for Huckabee so now we are unbound and I would like to go in support of RP if possible legally.

pinkmandy
03-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Haven't you chumps learned one single damned thing from Paul's message? God DAMN you people who think Obama is the lesser of three evils because he "seems nice" and yaps on about "hope" and "change."

Now that we're looking at working from the ground up to get people elected who can effect change in the House and Senate, you've got to understand that we need time to do so before this country collapses economically.

Jesus Christ, you people who think he's so wonderful, or....not as evil as the other two, don't take even a quick look at his spending plan or the lies he tells. He is the biggest thief and the most blatant liar (Patriot Act anyone? He spoke out against it, then voted FOR it.)

Do your fucking homework!

Go Amy! Well said. :D

amy31416
03-07-2008, 12:05 PM

Obama (The Messiah) needs to fail the country while the evil neo-conservative Republicans are still fresh in the minds of the average voter. Where will the average voter turn if they can't stand the Neo-cons and they now realize that Obama's brand of change was worse for the country? To someone outside the typical 2 parties. Someone like Ron Paul.

Things need to get worse before they can get better; otherwise, the average American voter will stay the course with the mainstream evils. The current day fringe needs to become the future day mainstream. Obama can bring that kind of change by screwing the economy into the ground as President.

Maybe you don't have any responsibilities, but I do. I don't have any children, but my mother just reached retirement age and it is vital that she have medicare/medicaid and social security. Her life depends on it.

While I have no doubt that Obama would fail us if he were to get into office, I have serious doubts that that would inspire people to suddenly think outside the box and vote third party. And it seems that you didn't get the memo that we're trying to change the GOP from the inside-out. Promoting a vote for the worst fiscal candidate would likely get us into such a mire that we might not get out and we'll lose more rights, which will prevent us from being able to fight back and rebuild.

Obama is as good for the US as a nuclear warhead on your front steps with three seconds left to detonate.

Kludge
03-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Maybe you don't have any responsibilities, but I do. I don't have any children, but my mother just reached retirement age and it is vital that she have medicare/medicaid and social security. Her life depends on it.

While I have no doubt that Obama would fail us if he were to get into office, I have serious doubts that that would inspire people to suddenly think outside the box and vote third party. And it seems that you didn't get the memo that we're trying to change the GOP from the inside-out. Promoting a vote for the worst fiscal candidate would likely get us into such a mire that we might not get out and we'll lose more rights, which will prevent us from being able to fight back and rebuild.

Obama is as good for the US as a nuclear warhead on your front steps with three seconds left to detonate.

I like to think of it as a type of "restart"... A non-confrontational revolution, with parallels to the collapse of America in "Atlas Shrugged".

limequat
03-07-2008, 01:05 PM

I agree with your sentiment, but...
History shows us that as things get bad, people are willing to give up more and more liberty.

Look at NAZI germany or great-depression US. Not pretty.
Things need to get better before they get worse? Perhaps. But we don't want it to get THAT bad!

amy31416
03-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I like to think of it as a type of "restart"... A non-confrontational revolution, with parallels to the collapse of America in "Atlas Shrugged".

While I understand what you're getting at, I'm not pro-America's collapse for many reasons, my mother is just one of them.

Be careful what you wish for, this is real life, not a novel.

limequat
03-07-2008, 01:15 PM
While I understand what you're getting at, I'm not pro-America's collapse for many reasons, my mother is just one of them.

Be careful what you wish for, this is real life, not a novel.

Concur.
I've been rooting for a collapse for years now as a means to wake people up.
Now that it's actually coming, I'm a bit freaked out.

maiki
03-07-2008, 02:12 PM
HOW is obama the lesser of the three evils? He wants to ban concealed weapons! He is very adamant about attacking Pakistan and Iran. He has a crazy messianic complex going on!

I think all three are sort of evil, but I cannot comprehend how most people here would sort of unanimously prefer obama.

Penners
03-07-2008, 02:15 PM
I just cannot vote for any of those 3. I will either write in Ron Paul or not vote for the first time in over 30 years.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-07-2008, 02:35 PM
I agree with your sentiment, but...
History shows us that as things get bad, people are willing to give up more and more liberty.

...Until it gets so bad that people believe they're on the edge of death anyway. :(

Americans, for the most part, live pretty cushy lives. I hope the transition is really slow, or it never evolves into the same lessons learned throughout history.

amy31416
03-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Concur.
I've been rooting for a collapse for years now as a means to wake people up.
Now that it's actually coming, I'm a bit freaked out.

I've had the same thoughts, but when you start thinking about the reality of it and realize that this is not a movie or a novel, it gets real scary.

In my flights of fancy, I've imagined living a completely independent life in the rural outback of somewhere like Montana, completely off the grid. Making my own food and energy through alternative means. In reality, I have people who depend on me that can't do that. And I can't leave them behind.

qh4dotcom
03-07-2008, 03:24 PM
I said Obama because I can't stand McCain or Hillary.

Obama is just as evil and I am writing in Ron Paul's name on the ballot.

jrich4rpaul
03-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I had to go with McCain. At least he says up front there's going to be more wars and less jobs. Barack Obama is trying to sound like he's the second coming of Christ, and guys, he just won't live up to his word if he's elected.