PDA

View Full Version : WalshforClerk.com (Can someone please help?)

LandonCook
03-07-2008, 01:05 AM
I don't have the slightest idea on how to set up a website... Is there anyone out there who would like to help?

I don't think I would need alot...

About Me / Why should you vote for me / Other work / Contact / Donate

LandonCook
03-07-2008, 01:32 AM
Hello?! not one view?! how about some help?

hillertexas
03-07-2008, 01:35 AM
bump

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 01:39 AM
If no one offers, you can get a domain name at godaddy.com and they have a website tonight builder that is easy to use online.

LibertyEagle
03-07-2008, 01:40 AM
Hang in there Landon. A lot of the folks have gone to sleep. I imagine you'll get some offers tomorrow morning.

LandonCook
03-07-2008, 12:55 PM
bump

ItsTime
03-07-2008, 01:03 PM
I suggest you start a blog so you can update it easily. All the main info in your sidebar about/donation/platform and a running update of your campaign in the posts. Have you ever managed a blog?

and how much are looking to spend on hosting and all that?

LandonCook
03-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I suggest you start a blog so you can update it easily. All the main info in your sidebar about/donation/platform and a running update of your campaign in the posts. Have you ever managed a blog?

Yeah, but no one ever viewed it so I stopped posting...

http://landonwalsh.blogspot.com/

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Did you add tags to it? I don't see any. Do the blog and also link to it from your website.

LandonCook
03-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Did you add tags to it? I don't see any. Do the blog and also link to it from your website.

Tags? (im not as internet savy as most 19 year olds)

tropicangela
03-07-2008, 01:37 PM
The tags can help you keep your topics organized and easily accessible to people.
http://dummies-guide-to-google-blogger.blogspot.com/search/label/Label%20List

This will show you how to create a feed on your blog with feedburner so people can subscribe to it for updates.
http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/blogs
http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/help/blogger_quickstart

Search the web for blog optimization and promotion and learn more :)

OptionsTrader
03-07-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't have the slightest idea on how to set up a website... Is there anyone out there who would like to help?

You want your name to be the domain name to give it google search relevancy prefference. And you are going to want to submit the site url to google, yahoo, ask, and live.com to make people able to search about you and find out what you stand for.

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 01:41 PM
If you still don't have a site in like... a month I guess, let me know. But right now I'm too busy. Maybe somebody else could do it though

Meekus
03-07-2008, 01:41 PM

I think your best bet is to use www.wordpress.com. Its a free bloghosting site. You create a free account, and the main page will be your "blog" where you can post articles, news updates and such. You can also create tabs with static web content on top with "About Me", "Why You Should Vote for Me", "Other Work", "Contact", "Donate", etc.

After you get the blog set up the way you like, you can then buy or use whatever domain (www.walshforclerk.com) and point it to your blog. After buying your domain, its simply a matter of logging into Wordpress.com and following the instructions there. Very easy to do.

The cool part about using wordpress.com is that you will be able to manage very easily via an intuitive web interface. Blogger.com is ok for blogs, but those tabs on top with static content might fit your needs perfectly on wordpress.com.

Jeremy
03-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Actually, if no one else does it... I may be able to do it sooner than I said in my above post. But I have no idea how to make a donation page... I know (X)HTML and CSS, but that's it. That's not enough to do donations. Hopefully someone else will volunteer